Author Topic: Daniel 11 Conference Today  (Read 4611 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Daniel 11 Conference Today
« on: May 13, 2019, 06:08:37 AM »
A three day conference on Daniel 11, the King of the North will take place starting today in Las Vegas. There will be presentations on different interpretations as to who is the King of the North. I believe the true interpretation will be seen.  More information will follow.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

thx4mercy

Re: Daniel 11 Conference Today
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:49:10 AM »
Will this be different Adventists that will be presenting their views for the benefit of the general public?  And the public will see that the Adventists don't agree?  Maybe that's not a bad thing, I don't know.

Marelis

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »
Sounds very interesting!
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 10:20:11 PM »
It was not live streamed, but it was recorded and we will be able to access the recording later. I had concerns also with revealing the disagreement in the church on this important prophecy. Especially, when I believe the truth is known. I think that the public had access to the conference, but I believe it was primarily for Seventh Day Adventists . But, I'm not sure. Even if it was only for the church, I think it best to present the truth and not the error. Therefore, I believe the studies ought to be on a more narrow basis to come to an agreement as to what the truth is. Has a new Seventh-day Adventist 35 years ago, I ceased going to Daniel and Revelation seminars because they were at odds with each other. I refused to have my mind subjected to the error and would only read the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. I did so for 20 or so years then I was impressed that I needed to read Smith's book Daniel and the Revelation. That book was recommended to our people to be circulated with two  Spirit of Prophecy books. Ellen White highly recommended the book. That does not mean that the book was inspired without error. I don't believe that. But I do believe that it is incumbent upon us to receive the blessing in that book. After carefully studying Daniel 11:45 I have come to the conclusion and do teach that Islam is the King of the North, most pointedly Turkey. In the last 15 years as I've studied this we have seen Turkey go through a transformation that makes it impossible not to believe that Turkey is the King of the North. It is no longer a Democratic Republic, but is an Islamic State with a man who is going to become the leader of the Islamic world. He has stated that he is going into Jerusalem. He is the Muslim leader today who is standing up against Israel and the United States in making Jerusalem the capital of Israel. He is uniting Sunni and Shiite together in opposing the West, I believe he will lead turkey into Jerusalem, and Turkey will be no more. You down here much about turkey being removed from NATO, but you will. They cannot remain a member of NATO. Erdogan has purged Turkey of all who would be opposed to him and the Islamic State. He wants Islam to rule the world.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

ejclark

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 11:36:05 AM »
It was not live streamed, but it was recorded and we will be able to access the recording later. I had concerns also with revealing the disagreement in the church on this important prophecy. Especially, when I believe the truth is known. I think that the public had access to the conference, but I believe it was primarily for Seventh Day Adventists . But, I'm not sure. Even if it was only for the church, I think it best to present the truth and not the error. Therefore, I believe the studies ought to be on a more narrow basis to come to an agreement as to what the truth is. Has a new Seventh-day Adventist 35 years ago, I ceased going to Daniel and Revelation seminars because they were at odds with each other. I refused to have my mind subjected to the error and would only read the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. I did so for 20 or so years then I was impressed that I needed to read Smith's book Daniel and the Revelation. That book was recommended to our people to be circulated with two  Spirit of Prophecy books. Ellen White highly recommended the book. That does not mean that the book was inspired without error. I don't believe that. But I do believe that it is incumbent upon us to receive the blessing in that book. After carefully studying Daniel 11:45 I have come to the conclusion and do teach that Islam is the King of the North, most pointedly Turkey. In the last 15 years as I've studied this we have seen Turkey go through a transformation that makes it impossible not to believe that Turkey is the King of the North. It is no longer a Democratic Republic, but is an Islamic State with a man who is going to become the leader of the Islamic world. He has stated that he is going into Jerusalem. He is the Muslim leader today who is standing up against Israel and the United States in making Jerusalem the capital of Israel. He is uniting Sunni and Shiite together in opposing the West, I believe he will lead turkey into Jerusalem, and Turkey will be no more. You down here much about turkey being removed from NATO, but you will. They cannot remain a member of NATO. Erdogan has purged Turkey of all who would be opposed to him and the Islamic State. He wants Islam to rule the world.
If you teach that Islam/Turkey is King of the North, then who do you teach is King of the South?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 11:21:45 AM »
In 1798, "the time of the end," Egypt was then the King of the North.  "And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over." 11:40. Napoleon had dreams of conquest of the land of the Pharaohs and Palestine. He was met with resistance in Egypt and his march north by the Egyptians and the Turks.

ejclark

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 12:43:40 PM »
In 1798, "the time of the end," Egypt was then the King of the North.  "And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over." 11:40. Napoleon had dreams of conquest of the land of the Pharaohs and Palestine. He was met with resistance in Egypt and his march north by the Egyptians and the Turks.
I guess I'm confused. I thought you said before that Islam/Turkey was the king of the north.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 03:30:10 PM »
Ej, does the Bible prophecy anything about the King of the South in our day or in the future? If so, I have missed it. It may be that not all nations who have majority Muslims will join the fight with Turkey. But, you can be sure that when Turkey goes into Jerusalem, it will not be because she is having to leave Europe, but because Jerusalem is an Islamic Holy site.

The only reason the sons of Abraham have not destroyed each other by now is because God has been holding the winds back. But, the drums of war are sounding louder and louder. Don't know of anyone who thinks Israel will allow Iran to build nuclear weapons which they are doing. Don't know of anyone who thinks the US will stop Israel. Maybe God used Obama to hold back the winds for eight years?  Erdogan is the Islamic leader who is attempting now to unify the Muslims. Could it happen? Will Islam stand back and watch Israel build the temple while moving the Muslims out of East Jerusalem? Don't know, but we do know the last steps will be rapid ones. The first and second woe were certainly punishment upon Rome. Do you believe the third woe will be any less a woe? Is it "Rome that is being warned today? Along with apostate Protestantism and the nation that causes fire to descend from heaven? America is no longer a Protestant nation. God will not protect her any longer from great trials. Islam is knocking on her door and apostate Europe. Turks are spread throughout Europe and America.

One does not have to be a Bible student to see what is coming. But, to professing Christians, it will no surprise that the nations that call evil good and good evil who profess to serve God, will no longer be protected by the hand of God.Trouble is coming. God has warned us by the prophets of what is about to take place, as He has promised He would do. It certainly makes it easier to face the trials when we know God has it all under His control. The wise will understand.

Thank you for your questions, EJ.

ejclark

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »

One does not have to be a Bible student to see what is coming.

Actually, yes, one does have to be a Bible student in order to properly understand what's coming.

When looking at history and modern day events, then it would seem that the king of the north would be Islam. But that's not proper Biblical hermeneutics. These verses referring to the king of the north have to be compared to other Scripture, specially Daniel chapters 2, 7 and 8 to find the proper parallels. This has always been the down side of Uriah Smith's interpretation of the king of the north, he was always looking at history and modern day events without going to Scripture first.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 05:52:18 PM »
My thought was not about prophecy, but about the winds of war being let loose regarding Israel and Islam.  Who does not understand it is a miracle they have not destroyed each other before now.

My understanding of 11:45 comes from a study of both the Bible, the Spirit of Prophecy, world history, and the fulfillment of a portion of the prophecy, most especially how Revelation opens to view the warnings to Rome and the first two woes upon Rome coming from Turkey (Islam). Smith was not perfect in his teaching, but it is so very good that Ellen White gave support to our study of it. It has been a blessing to me as I have studied it with Scripture.

Have a blessed Sabbath, my dear Brother.