Author Topic: Cyclone Idai Hits Africa Hard  (Read 120 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Cyclone Idai Hits Africa Hard
« on: March 26, 2019, 07:42:00 AM »
Cyclone Idai came ashore at Mozambique. There are large areas of flooding in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Malawi. Over 700 are dead and that number is expected to rise. Here are numerous photos of the devastation created by Idai. pictures

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Cyclone Idai Hits Africa Hard
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Lena

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »
The history of tropical cyclone Idai is documented in these records. The cyclone reached category 3 intensity between 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on the March 11th, while positioned at its most easterly extent of the storm track. By 3:00 a.m. on the March 12th the storm had dissipated to category 2 intensity, and it fluctuated between intensities of categories 2 and 3 over the 36 hours that followed.
From noon on the March 13th the storm maintained a category 3 intensity, which persisted until landfall on the 14th.

This happened 2 weeks ago.  I had not heard anything about it.  I need to find a good source for world news.   Any suggestions?

Am trying to imagine going through such devastation in a country that has nothing and is so difficult to get supplies to.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:17:30 AM »

This happened 2 weeks ago.  I had not heard anything about it.  I need to find a good source for world news.   Any suggestions?

BBC covers more world news than the news media in the US, which seems to be mostly focused on Trump (hoping to get rid of him), Hollywood, and other trivial matters.  They're right on the scene if there's a hurricane in the US, but aren't as interested if it's somewhere else.  I think the CBC is a bit better than our news media, as well.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10