Author Topic: Wild Pig ‘Explosion’ Now Threatens Human Health  (Read 2862 times)

Cop

Wild Pig ‘Explosion’ Now Threatens Human Health
« on: March 14, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
“Wild hogs are known to carry at least 30 diseases and 40 parasites that are communicable to humans, pets and wildlife.”
[Excerpts]

The swine destroy crops and ecosystems, displace native species and wreak havoc on cultural sites like graveyards, of which there are 270 in Land Between the Lakes, Joyner said.

“One thing people don’t understand is the impact (the pigs) can have on the area,” Joyner said:

“People who hunt wild turkeys, for example, seek out Land Between the Lakes as a destination. … Hogs will eat the turkey eggs; they’ll eat the baby turkeys. They have a major potential to impact our economy because of that.”

Once wild hogs have established a population, it’s impossible to fully eradicate them.

[M]ost state departments of wildlife openly acknowledge feral pigs as an ecological threat and some classify them as vermin. For example, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources considers them unprotected wild animals with no closed season or harvest limit, and promotes their aggressive removal.” – Wikipedia 

More @: https://headlinehealth.com/wild-pig-explosion-now-threatens-human-health/

[So...they are just now learning that hogs "threatens human health"??]
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson