Author Topic: Round Up in Your Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner  (Read 196 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Round Up in Your Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
Bread is the staff of life? Or is it and other grains cutting life short? It is hard to believe, but the USDA and other government agencies are not protecting human health. Round Up (glyphosate) is being legally sprayed on some of your food just prior to harvest. And, few people know it. When the people find out, there is going to be an outcry such as never been heard, except when America found out some of the apples their children were eating were contaminated with Alar, a systemic insecticide. The scare was so great that some apple farmers lost a fortune, even if they did not use Alar.

When the government does not protect human health in such cases, there will be innocent farmers injured who are not involved in spraying dangerous chemicals on our food.. The public will cease buying a product that may not have been contaminated because there is  no way in knowing which product was sprayed and which was not. When we buy a loaf of bread today, which one has Round Up in it and which one does not?

While organics are not free from danger, it appears that in the case of Round Up being sprayed on grains prior to harvest, selecting organic products will offer some peace of mind. Are there other foods infected with glyphosate? Here is a statement that will frighten a few: "Along with wheat and oats, glyphosate is used to desiccate a wide range of other crops including lentils, peas, non-GMO soybeans, corn, flax, rye, triticale, buckwheat, millet, canola, sugar beets, and potatoes. Sunflowers may also be treated pre-harvest with glyphosate, according to the National Sunflower Association. Benbrook says that a large portion of edible beans grown in Washington and Idaho are desiccated with glyphosate." source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

Re: Round Up in Your Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »

The grain issue is very serious and the number of people with allergies and food intolerance is growing in leaps and bounds.

Can you get this in your area? It is SDA run but I don't know if they ship to the States. Costco sells it and it's very popular here.

https://silverhillsbakery.ca/
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Cop

• Senior Moderator
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
Dorine, we can get the bread here also. The problem we are facing is serious. Wheat and other crops are being sprayed with roundup just prior to harvest.  Sewer sludge is being used widely in much of agriculture. Toxic elements and heavy metals are in our food supply. Very dangerous. Organic is not free from danger since much of organic is exposed to the feces from animals which may have diseases which can be transmitted through the food. As the article just posted by cop reveals that even organic food and beer can have round up in it. We can only do the best we can, but we need to be aware of the risks since there are appears to be little control over what is going into our food supply.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 01:14:46 PM »
It's true. We can only go so far in knowing the source of everything we eat. As careful as we may be we will be exposed to things we would avoid if known. It's most disgusting to think of the human sludge that is being used and they don't have to give us that information. God understands each of our circumstances and I do trust that He will work on our behalf when we have done our best. I feel sorry for working parents with children that are depending on prepared food items for lunches and quick meals. Everyone is tired and hungry when they get home and it's easy to grab something quick but most likely very unhealthy.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14