Author Topic: Brain Disease In Deer, Elk, Moose; Danger For Humans?  (Read 1000 times)

Cop

Brain Disease In Deer, Elk, Moose; Danger For Humans?
« on: February 18, 2019, 05:11:18 AM »
No vaccine, always fatal; what to know about chronic wasting disease and risks to humans
[Excerpts]

Just as hunters have been stalking deer and elk, so, too, has a deadly brain disease been stalking their four-legged quarry.

Known as a chronic wasting disease (CWD), it infects deer, elk, and moose. It was first confirmed in Colorado in the 1970s.

Back then, wildlife officials thought it would take more than 100 years to find its way east. They were confident that the Mississippi River would serve as a natural border.
But since being confirmed in Wisconsin in 2002, it has made its way to 25 states, most recently into Mississippi and Tennessee, and two Canadian provinces.

News headlines warn that it’s now within miles of the Alabama state line, approaching Indiana, and looking like it might get into Idaho.

For humans, this is a concern that goes past the deer. That’s because CWD, along with mad cow disease (bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE), scrapie in sheep, and Creutzfeldt-Jakob in humans, is among a family of brain diseases known as transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs).

In these diseases, holes develop in the brain, causing the brain to become spongy.

Symptoms of Creutzfeldt-Jakob in humans include psychiatric and behavioral changes, trouble walking, loss of weight, and problems with memory and thinking. There is no vaccine for it, and it is always fatal.

Much more @: https://headlinehealth.com/fatal-brain-disease-in-deer-elk-moose-danger-for-humans/

[ We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man’s transgression and sin. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in this country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted, and disease planted in the system. Because of meat eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause. If the truth were known, it would bear testimony it was the flesh of animals that have passed through death. The thought of feeding on dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something besides this. In eating meat we partake of diseased dead flesh, and this sows its seed of corruption in the human organism. {CD 412.1}]

My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson