Author Topic: Startpage Search Engine  (Read 5986 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Startpage Search Engine
« on: November 20, 2018, 05:14:20 PM »
What is recommended as the best browser to use? and I just found out that Startpage which I use for searching is run by Google.

Hi Dorine, I don't know how I missed this but if you could tell me where you learned this I would be grateful. Startpage is the search engine that I've been using for years because they don't keep records of searches or who you are or your ip address. They actually just updated their website now so that you can view websites through their proxy (if you want). 

I would be very surprised if it's run by google but anything is possible these days. If what you say is true I'll switch over to duckduckgo

Firefox is my web browser of choice. Since they offer a large variety of extensions and even some very good privacy and security themed extensions. 
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

Re: Startpage Search Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
Jim, I wish I could remember where I read that. I've been using Flash Peak Slimjet for my browser and Duckduck for my search engine. Maybe what I read about Startpage is not true. I'd be happy to go back to it.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 05:37:30 PM »
 Startpage.com is privately held by Startpage BV, a Dutch inc. and has been profitable since 2004.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 05:39:07 PM »
Great news! I will return. Thank you.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
Thanks Richard for digging that up. I have been using startpage for a long while now. I've also moved away from free email to their email service. What I like about startpage is that you get google results without google deciding for you which results to give you.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}