Author Topic: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 2--4th Quarter 2018--Causes of Disunity  (Read 5317 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 2--4th Quarter 2018--Causes of Disunity
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 01:56:49 PM »
You've got it, Brother Glen.  I have not been willing to share such straight truth since many cannot bear to hear it. But, we are nearing the end and it is time to make the simplicity of the gospel perfectly clear that those seeking truth may know it.

Unity is the sure result of Christian perfection. The Sanctified Life p. 85.1

...if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us.  Lift Him Up, p. 178.5

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 1 John 3:14

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:10

Christ’s life represents a perfect manhood. Just that which you may be, He was in human nature. Lt 106, 1896 (June 26, 1896) par. 18

When Christ abides in the heart by faith, the Christian is the temple of God. Christ does not abide in the heart of the sinner, but in the heart of him who is susceptible to the influences of heaven. Reflecting Christ p. 107.3

Christ is soon to come, and no soul should stand in a position where he will say in word or action, “My Lord delayeth His coming.” Christ's true followers will represent Him in character. Lt 131, 1900 (October 14, 1900) par. 8

I came to this conclusion 30 years ago, but none were able to bear hearing it. "Christ does not abide in the heat of the sinner." To say he does is to speak a lie such as Satan did in the garden. May we continually behold Jesus that we may abide in Him continually and He in us. Thus the title of this week's lesson "Causes of Disunity" can be answered simply by stating that it is from rejecting Christ's plea to come into the heart. Sin, one little known sin separates the soul from Christ and it is impossible to be in unity with those who are fully surrendered to Christ until brought to repentance by the grace of God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 08:15:32 AM »
I came to this conclusion 30 years ago, but none were able to bear hearing it.

So must Jonah have thought as he boarded travel on that ship to Tarshish? What about the musings of Elijah, as he stood in that secluded cave, incredulous at  God assuring him, "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." 1 Kings 19:18
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »
You've got it, Brother Glen.  I have not been willing to share such straight truth since many cannot bear to hear it. But, we are nearing the end and it is time to make the simplicity of the gospel perfectly clear that those seeking truth may know it.

Unity is the sure result of Christian perfection. The Sanctified Life p. 85.1

...if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us.  Lift Him Up, p. 178.5

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 1 John 3:14

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:10

Christ’s life represents a perfect manhood. Just that which you may be, He was in human nature. Lt 106, 1896 (June 26, 1896) par. 18

When Christ abides in the heart by faith, the Christian is the temple of God. Christ does not abide in the heart of the sinner, but in the heart of him who is susceptible to the influences of heaven. Reflecting Christ p. 107.3

Christ is soon to come, and no soul should stand in a position where he will say in word or action, “My Lord delayeth His coming.” Christ's true followers will represent Him in character. Lt 131, 1900 (October 14, 1900) par. 8

I came to this conclusion 30 years ago, but none were able to bear hearing it. "Christ does not abide in the heat of the sinner." To say he does is to speak a lie such as Satan did in the garden. May we continually behold Jesus that we may abide in Him continually and He in us. Thus the title of this week's lesson "Causes of Disunity" can be answered simply by stating that it is from rejecting Christ's plea to come into the heart. Sin, one little known sin separates the soul from Christ and it is impossible to be in unity with those who are fully surrendered to Christ until brought to repentance by the grace of God.
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood