Author Topic: Giving up Self  (Read 5873 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Giving up Self
« on: August 04, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
There are young  people who love Jesus supremely and give up their dreams when the Spirit leads differently. What are we willing to give up to follow Jesus? Are we like the "rich young ruler"? Or will we be as Dr. Berenice Cheng, and set aside our plans and follow Jesus where ever He leads?

Something Better Than a "Happy Ending"

Link has been removed
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Giving up Self
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »
Thanks Richard for posting this. I had listened to this a while back but had forgotten about it. I appreciated the way she summed up her choices.

"Will I be a doctor first or a Christian first?"  She doesn't talk much about struggling with that choice, only to say that she chose the later which meant her going into a field she wasn't really interested in. Then learning the hard lesson that there isn't always a happy ending and we need to be satisfied even with that. 
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 05:17:01 PM »
Amen! Satisfied with the love, joy, and peace Christ gives us!! Better than the fulfillment of my dreams!!!  She understands much of the blessings Christ wants to give to sinners.  It is a joy to find testimonies from those brothers and sisters who are in God's end time church!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 12:00:22 PM »
Something Better Than a "Happy Ending"

I cannot find this Testimony now.

...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood