Author Topic: ER Nurse In a Coma After Being Coughed on By Patient  (Read 1497 times)

Cop

ER Nurse In a Coma After Being Coughed on By Patient
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:15:44 PM »
Nurse In a Coma After Being Coughed on By Patient Who Refused to Cover Up
[Excerpts]

A nurse is in a coma and on life support after being coughed on by a seriously ill patient in a hospital emergency department, the man’s family said.

The family of Russell Marsh, 39, said their father is suffering from a mysterious virus after a patient he was treating continued coughing on him.

“He came home from work and said to me, ‘Oh you know, I had a sick patient and they were coughing all over me,’ and he just didn’t understand why they couldn’t cover up, it was directly in his face,”

Within two days, Marsh began suffering chills, shortness of breath and coughing so relentlessly that he asked for time off work to recuperate.

His condition deteriorated so quickly in the next four days that he drove himself to Fairfield Hospital and was soon placed on life support with acute respiratory and kidney failure.
Doctors conducted several tests but were unable to diagnosis the virus taking hold on Marsh’s body...

He has now spent the past two weeks at RPA Hospital but doctors have been unable to pinpoint the exact cause of his acute sickness.

“They think it’s some sort of virus but they don’t know and they said there is a possibly they may never know,” Helen Marsh told Nine.com.au. “Every time we visit him we need to be gowned up, so he is in isolation, basically.”

Source: https://headlinehealth.com/er-nurse-coma-coughed-patient/

My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson