Author Topic: Atheist Hatred of Christianity  (Read 2744 times)

Cop

Atheist Hatred of Christianity
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »
Atheists Want Mural With Bible Verse Torn Down
[Excerpts]

An atheist group is up in arms over a mural containing a Bible verse inside a courthouse in Findlay, Ohio. They’ve threatened to sue unless it is removed.

The beautiful mural at the center of all the debate is titled “Under His Wings.” It shows a soaring eagle, along with part of the Bible verse that inspired the image.
“He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.” Psalm 91:4

The mural containing a Bible verse existed inside the courthouse without causing any trouble. City officials say there have never been any objections or complaints.

But now, The Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) is insisting the mural come down....The Wisconsin-based anti-religion activist group sent a cease and desist letter about the mural, saying a “concerned citizen” notified them of its existence. They are threatening to sue, saying it is unconstitutional to display the Bible verse on government property.

Source: https://www.godupdates.com/atheists-attack-ohio-mural-containing-a-bible-verse/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

Re: Atheist Hatred of Christianity
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:42:20 AM »
Militant Atheists Fight to Expunge Cross from County Seal
[Excerpts]

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is fighting to scrub a small white cross from the center of the seal of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.

According to Becket, a non-profit, public-interest law firm legally representing the county, the cross honors Lehigh’s early German settlers – who, when they came to the America, fled religious persecution in their home country.

The seal, which was adopted by the county in the 1940s, portrays more than a cross....It includes elements that represent its history, economy, and culture, which include its religious aspects.

The seal features, for example, cement silos, a bison head, a red heart, an oil lamp and books, the Liberty Bell, and the cross....The seal has not attracted any controversy for the last 70 years, according to Becket.

But FFRF now argues the seal’s cross promotes Christianity as the official religion of the county.

Source: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/militant-atheists-fight-expunge-cross-county-seal/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 04:47:30 PM »
How about Christians instituting lawsuits against atheists who put up any public display of evolutionary dogma?  How about suing government schools for promoting the religion of Darwinism?

This is just lunacy, pure and simple.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »
It appears to me that the opinion of most today is that Christians cannot be offended because they have a religion that is offensive to others.

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;..." John 15: 18-20
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »
University Mulls Whether ‘You Need Jesus’ is Hate Speech
[Excerpts]

A Christian student leader is demanding an apology after a poster distributed by Kent State University asked if stating “You need Jesus“ could qualify as hate speech.

The public university’s Center for Student Involvement created and circulated the poster on Twitter last week. It was designed to promote an event on free speech issues as part of Kent State’s KENTTalks, which are intended to “provide a safe place for discussions and transformational experiences for our student body” and promote “civil discourse.”

Silhouetted activists on the posters hold a range of placards with messages, overlaid with the rhetorical question “free speech or hate speech?” Alongside provocative expressions including “No More Gays,” “Women Need To Serve Their Man” and “Build a Wall,” the fourth placard bears a nonviolent, basic expression of the Christian faith: “You need Jesus.”

More @: https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/38242/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 08:26:09 AM »
Atheists Want Nearly $1B Imposed in Taxes on Churches

An atheist group in Illinois is suing the IRS to end a longstanding tax provision that protects ministers and other religious officials that live close to the churches or communities they serve.

The “parsonage allowance” has been protected by nearly 65 years of precedent, and now a Chicago pastor is asking a federal appeals court to end a lawsuit that seeks to end this tradition, subjecting to churches in his community to almost $1 billion in taxes.

This tax exemption is rooted in a federal law established in 1954, which states that a “minister of the Gospel” does not need to pay income taxes on compensation that is designated to his or her housing bills. But recently, this provision has been under attack from non-religious groups who claim the statute is “discriminatory.”

In October, a federal judge in Wisconsin ruled the allowance was unconstitutional and that it violated the Establishment clause “because it does not have a secular purpose or effect and because a reasonable observer would view the statute as an endorsement of religion.”
The atheist group didn’t stop there, though, and is now recruiting the IRS to try and force religious organizations to pay “necessary” taxes.

More @: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/atheists-want-nearly-1b-imposed-in-taxes-on-churches/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 08:30:04 AM »
Douglas MacKinnon: How Long Will I Be Allowed to Remain a Christian? 

Douglas MacKinnon, Fox News) “How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?”

That was the deeply dismaying question posed to me by a friend with four young children as we discussed the plight of the Christian faith in America and around the world.
With each passing month, that shocking question becomes more relevant and even more disturbing.

To say that Christians and Christianity are under a withering and brutal attack in certain areas of the world would be an understatement.

In various parts of the Middle East, there is a genocidal cleansing of Christians being carried out. Women, men, and their young children are being slaughtered because of their faith and world leaders and most of the media turn their backs in bored indifference.

Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base…

In college, they now teach about the evils of “Christian Privilege.” On Broadway and in theaters around the world, mocking Christians has become a massively profitable money-making venture…

Jesus Christ is desecrated in the most twisted and obscene of ways. In movies, on television and online, Christians are portrayed in the most dishonest, prejudiced and insulting of ways…

More @: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/21/how-long-will-be-allowed-to-remain-christian.html
— Stonewall Jackson