Author Topic: Another volcano just erupted in the “Ring of Fire”  (Read 5204 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Another volcano just erupted in the “Ring of Fire”
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:17:00 AM »
[Excerpts]

A massive column of smoke and ash shot nearly 10 miles into the sky above Sumatra Monday morning as Mount Sinabung, one of three currently active volcanos in Indonesia, began erupting.

It’s the latest rumble in what’s already been a very rowdy couple of months along the Ring of Fire, the geological region that follows the 25,000-mile perimeter of the Pacific Ocean and is home to 90 percent of the world’s earthquakes.

Mount Sinabung has a tragic history, with deadly eruptions in 2010, 2014, and 2016. More than 30,000 people have left the area in recent years due to the volcano. No fatalities or injuries were reported after Monday’s eruption.

Over in the Philippines, Mount Mayon, which began erupting on January 13 and forced 75,000 to flee, saw another eruption of ash and lava on Monday.

Mount Kusatsu-Shirane, 100 miles northwest of Tokyo, also erupted in January, leaving one soldier dead in an avalanche and injured a dozen at a ski resort. Indonesia’s Mount Agung, which has been spewing ash since November, also had four distinct eruptions.

And then there are the earthquakes. A magnitude 5.9 earthquake struck southern Mexico on Monday, following a magnitude 7.2 earthquake in the region last Friday. Across the ocean, a magnitude 5.3 earthquake shook Taiwan Monday morning.

More @: https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/another-volcano-just-erupted-in-the-“ring-of-fire”/ar-AAv7v7Z?li=AA4Zpp&ocid=spartandhp
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson