Author Topic: Japan’s Supervolcano that has the Power to Destroy the World!  (Read 23970 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
[Excerpts]

There is currently some alarming activity happening inside a supervolcano that sits just 31 miles away from Southern Japan.

A paper published in Nature Scientific Reports says that a lava bubble is expanding inside of the Kikai Caldera, a massive underwater volcano.

More than 31 cubic kilometers of lava have pushed the seabed up around 2,000 feet, with the volcano's peak now resting only 98 feet below the ocean’s surface.
But the issue here is the bubbling cauldron of magma inside the supervolcano is starting to build up large amounts of pressure.

Source: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/14/japanese-supervolcano-might-be-building-up-for-eruption/23361847/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson