Author Topic: Billy Graham Passes  (Read 2208 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Billy Graham Passes
« on: February 21, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
Evangelist Billy Graham passed into death at age 99. No other evangelist has reached as many people as did Billy Graham. His influence reached into the hearts of American presidents. President Donald Trump tweeted: "The GREAT Billy Graham is dead. There was nobody like him! He will be missed by Christians and all religions. A very special man." 

When people place their faith in the hands of mortal man, they will suffer loss.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Billy Graham Passes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
Only God knows his eternal destiny, of course, but one commentator said today that he may have been the only prominent televangelist who did not publicly disgrace himself.  He may have been off theologically, but he was sincere in his beliefs and did not preach a "prosperity gospel," or a "social gospel."
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:57 AM »
Only God knows his eternal destiny, of course, but one commentator said today that he may have been the only prominent televangelist who did not publicly disgrace himself.  He may have been off theologically, but he was sincere in his beliefs and did not preach a "prosperity gospel," or a "social gospel."

Yes, we hope he is saved.  I have had people tell me he had people even in his ministry that have tried to reach him regarding the Sabbath. He was also very tight with the RCC. We do not know just how much light he perceived. This is what the 1,000 years is all about.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Cop

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 11:59:25 PM »
I have always admired him because of his requirement for all men in the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. The so called “Billy Graham Rule” should be required of SDA ministers and elders. It is a practice adopted in the 1940s by Billy Graham to keep men in the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association free from scandal. It is simply a requirement that they were never to be alone with a female and to have another male or, preferable the minister's wife with him whenever meeting with a female.

Just think...if this 'rule' was followed by all men and women, there would be less adultery or accusations of sexual misconduct.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 11:47:10 AM »
We have become to lax in this area.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.