Author Topic: ARKLA Churches Call For Special Constituency Meeting  (Read 1520 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
ARKLA Churches Call For Special Constituency Meeting
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
ARKLA Churches Call For Special Constituency Meeting To Choose New President
[Excerpts]

Several Seventh-day Adventist churches in the Ark-La (ARKLA) Conference are calling for a special constituency meeting.  Why?

The current President of the Conference is retiring and many SDA constituents are concerned about the selection of a new president.  Here are some of their concerns, written by a Pastor in the Conference and taken from the Heber Springs SDA Church Facebook page: "Some of my church members have concerns regarding this procedure. I will list some of those concerns here:

1. The position of President is such an important servant leader position that it would be better if the entire conference constituency had a voice and a vote in his/her election.
2. It would seem better for the incoming President to be received and welcomed and affirmed by the Conference as a whole, rather than a small committee.

3. The perception of an “inside job” would be eliminated from the equation.

Much more @: www.fulcrum7.com/news/2018/2/13/arkla-churches-calling-for-special-constituency-meeting-to-choose-new-president

My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson