Author Topic: Priest says to pray for Prince George to be gay  (Read 1511 times)

Cop

Priest says to pray for Prince George to be gay
« on: February 14, 2018, 09:16:11 AM »
[Excerpts]

A Scottish reverend is experiencing backlash after urging his congregants in a blog post to pray for 4-year-old Prince George to be gay.

The post, written by Very Rev. Kelvin Holdsworth, a senior member of the Scottish Episcopal Church and avid LGBTQ rights champion, said that Christians who support same-sex marriage need to pray for Prince George to be gay so that one day the Church of England will have to recognize same-sex unions.

He said that churchgoers need to "pray in the privacy of their hearts…for the Lord to bless Prince George with a love, when he grows up, of a fine young gentleman."

Holdsworth's theory is if the toddler is gay, then the Church of England will have to acknowledge him and change its stance. Marriage among same-sex couples has been legal in England since 2013 but it is not allowed within the Royal family's church.

"A royal wedding might sort things out remarkably easily," the priest said, "though we might have to wait 25 years for that to happen. Who knows whether that might be sooner than things might work out by other means?"

Source: www.nydailynews.com/news/world/priest-pray-prince-george-gay-article-1.3676596

[To have people pray for such an outcome, which the Bible declares is not only a sin but an abomination (Leviticus 20:13), is no different than praying for anyone to choose sin. So, when people think there is nothing wrong with the homosexual lifestyle, when people think there is nothing wrong with making such members of a church, when people think there is nothing wrong with making such a minister, think again.]
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson