Author Topic: America’s Largest Churches Are All Anti-LGBT and Led By Mostly White Men  (Read 1591 times)

Cop

[Excerpts]

None of America’s 100 largest churches are LGBT-affirming and almost all of them are led by white men, according to ChurchClarity.org, an organization that reports churches’ LGBT policies and rates congregations based on their level of clarity.

Just one of the U.S.'s largest churches has a female pastor and 93 percent of the churches are led by a white pastor, according to the site, which collected data from churches and represents over 1.1 million Evangelicals in America.

These churches are also all anti-LGBT. The study found that it was difficult to tell what a church’s outright LGBT policies are, so it looked at which of the 100 churches simply had clear policies on the main pages of their websites. Over 50 percent of churches profiled were categorized as “Unclear: Non-Affirming,” meaning that they “do not clearly and accessibly communicate” their LGBTQ policies. Thirty-five percent of the churches were “Clear: Non-Affirming,” meaning that they “clearly indicate non-affirming policies in a way that can easily be found on their website.” Eleven percent were categorized as “Undisclosed,” meaning their “policy cannot be found on their website."

Source: www.newsweek.com/americas-100-largest-churches-are-anti-lgbt-and-led-white-men-773017

[Even in the article it states that these leading churches are following a traditional approach to scripture, therefore, to make women pastors when males are available is unbiblical. Accepting LGBT+ people as being members in good standing is not only unbiblical but an abomination! "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). So the article writer, "Christianna Silva" is encouraging to choose human practices over God's Word. In other words, she is encouraging to sin. And being white has nothing to do with God's Word.]
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson