Author Topic: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 7--1st Quarter 2018--Honesty With God  (Read 7780 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 7--1st Quarter 2018--Honesty With God
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »
The Watson Letter

My brother, I wish to say to you, Be careful how you move. You are not moving wisely. The least you have to speak about the tithe that has been appropriated to the most needy and the most discouraging field in the world, the more sensible you will be......
 Manuscript Releases, vol. 2, #109

Interesting letter

cp, she said the same to the Colorado Conference president. She did not make this letter public for good reason. That reason still exists today. Notice the closing sentence of the letter. It does not take a genius to understand what would be the result in a Laodicean church. Those who take it upon themselves will be responsible to God for their decision. Again, in a Laodicean church many will be wrong if they think their wisdom is sufficient. Notice also that some did not use their wisdom, but turned to the prophet for wisdom.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 11:49:55 AM »
The Watson Letter

My brother, I wish to say to you, Be careful how you move. You are not moving wisely. The least you have to speak about the tithe that has been appropriated to the most needy and the most discouraging field in the world, the more sensible you will be......
 Manuscript Releases, vol. 2, #109

Interesting letter

cp, she said the same to the Colorado Conference president. She did not make this letter public for good reason. That reason still exists today. Notice the closing sentence of the letter. It does not take a genius to understand what would be the result in a Laodicean church. Those who take it upon themselves will be responsible to God for their decision. Again, in a Laodicean church many will be wrong if they think their wisdom is sufficient. Notice also that some did not use their wisdom, but turned to the prophet for wisdom.

Yes, I understand why she did not make the letter public. I consider posting it here as getting little exposure. I also believe that some of us have seen this letter for a reason.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 09:45:55 AM »
Yes, for some it will be important. But, for others, it will be a snare. Is that not why it is to not be made public?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.