Author Topic: Michigan Conference President Steps Down  (Read 3544 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Michigan Conference President Steps Down
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »
On December 5, at the Michigan Conference Executive Committee [MCEC], Elder Jay Gallimore shared that he would be retiring from the office of the President of the Michigan Conference January 31, 2018.

He shared with the committee:   "It has been my privilege and joy to serve the Lord in ministry in Michigan. You have been a wonderful and fantastic support to my work and the ministry of this conference. Your dedication, love and commitment to the Lord and His cause are deeply cherished. Watching the Lord use each of you with your talents and abilities to minister to the churches and schools and the citizens of this state has brought a great deal of satisfaction and value to my own life. This conference is so blessed to have such faithful, loving and devoted members that serve the Lord in His churches. Their devotion to the cause of God inspires all of our hearts and I am so grateful for them....

"In the days ahead may the Holy Spirt guide and direct the treasured Michigan Conference with its churches and schools, as it continues to carry out its part in hastening the soon coming of the Lord.  May it ever be faithful to His dear cause. As I move into retirement, it is my plan to continue to add my efforts to yours in winning souls and building up the kingdom of our precious Savior. 'Even so come Lord Jesus.'”

Jay Gallimore graduated from Southern Adventist University and Andrews University before beginning his ministerial career.  Elder Gallimore has served for more than 37 years as pastor, evangelist, and administrator. He now steps down from his leadership position and leaves the conference and its pastors in a position to encourage the church that Jesus is coming very soon and He will find a people who love Him and keep His commandments.

Previously he served as Conference Secretary and Ministerial Director of the Michigan Conference, and director of the Northwest Ministries Training Center for the North Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Michigan Conference President Steps Down
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »
It is a sad day for some of us in the Michigan Conference to hear this news. May the Lord hear our prayers and give the nominating committee wisdom in selecting the new president.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »
God is leading a people, and I believe He has another leader picked out to take the leadership role in your conference my dear Brother. The gospel is sounding in the church and this time it will accomplish its mission in the church and in the world. Michigan is well placed to provide leadership in the revival to take place in God's church. Let us pray the Executive Committee is listening to that still small voice who directs us into all truth.

I have been listening to Elder Gallimore's teaching on the seven trumpets of Revelation. He has presented very good information on a very important subject. I would encourage all to study the subject and to listen to what Elder Gallimore has shared on the topic.  Seven Trumpets
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »
Prayers are requested. The executive (I think) and the nominating committees meet this coming sunday to choose the new conference president. May the Lord guide and bless the meeting.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
We have learned that the first meeting regarding the next president who will serve was a very spiritual meeting in which there was much prayer and seeking of God's will. The final meeting for the election of the new president is to take place on Sunday, January 28, and more prayer is appreciated. May he be the man of God's appointment for "such a time as this" (Esther 4:14).
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 01:58:56 PM »
We have learned that the first meeting regarding the next president who will serve was a very spiritual meeting in which there was much prayer and seeking of God's will.
I spoke with someone who was there and he also was very impressed with the spiritual atmosphere that attended the meeting. More prayers will be ascending!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
Some may wonder why we are paying attention to the election of a conference president in a local conference. Let me give one reason why I began to take an interest in the Michigan Conference almost 30 years ago. Have you heard the term, called into ministry? What does it mean? It means different things to different people.

When I was called into ministry, it was a supernatural calling. It was not a conference that called me, but God. I naively believed all who entered ministry were called by God. But, when discussing the pastoral ministry with a conference president in California, I discovered that the conference made the call, and it was firstly based upon the education received from one of our schools. It was explained that it was costly to educate young men and there were only so many positions available and those who were "lettered" were first in line.

That was an eye opening experience. It was the conference that gave the call, not God. That does not mean individuals are not called by God. I am sure many are. When visiting with Joe Crews, I discussed the matter with him. He told me of conferences that looked for men called by God. That was an encouragement that some conferences were serious about finding those who had been called by God. It was not to many years later that I found the Michigan Conference was one of those conferences that looked for men called of God. They do not ignore education, but neither are they blind to God's calling of men into the ministry. To me, this was evidence that the Michigan Conference was working in harmony with God. I am not saying all they do is perfect. But, after many years of interacting with the conference and having a knowledge of some of the workings in Michigan, I know of no other conference in the North American Division that is as faithful to the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy.

It is for this reason we have published articles from the Michigan Conference and take a serious interest in the decisions being made in that conference. The election of a new president to take the place of Elder Jay Gallimore will be an important event. Elder Gallimore has done a good work with the conference and we are looking forward to seeing the Michigan Conference continue to be a bright light in God's church here in North America. We solicit your prayers, that God's will be done this Sunday when a new leader is chosen for the Michigan Conference.