Author Topic: Pray for the People in Coastal Texas  (Read 4897 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Pray for the People in Coastal Texas
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
Forecasts for high winds and huge amounts of rain associated with Hurricane Harvey reveal landfall later tonight or early Sabbath morning on the Southern Texas coast. NOAA Evacuations are taking place with the highways clogged from the coast going inland to higher ground.

Harvey is expected to land as a cat 3 hurricane with winds at 120 south of Corpus Christi. source The hurricane may linger in Texas before heading for Louisiana where if it reaches New Orleans, will cause problems where they already have drainage problems.

Let us pray for those who will be effected by this impending predicted disaster.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Pray for the People in Coastal Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 06:23:25 AM »
It is 3 am here and the rain is falling so heavy that it is hard to sleep. Tornadoes are dropping out of the sky so fast that the tv weather can not keep up with them. People are calling 911 from their attics and roofs begging for rescue. The U.S. Weather Service has just issued a "catastrophic" flood & flash flood warning. The weather folks are saying that there has never been such a thing as a 'catastrophic warning' issued before, that it is a completely new type of warning. Bayous and creeks are overflowing their banks and rivers are rising rapidly.

Police and rescue workers continue to plea with residents to stay indoors and not attempt to travel flooded roadways. Many roads are under water and police are asking people to stay off the roads. They are asking people to stay at home. There are going to be many lives lost from this storm. The weather service is warning that we may receive 60 inches of rain before this is over.

A couple of times on Sabbath, we received here 3 and 4 inches of rain in an hour. The weather reports are saying that some places have received 6 inches in less than an hour. Some places have already had 15 inches of rain fall. I've been through so many hurricanes that I can't remember them all. The first hurricane that I can remember was when I was 2 or 3 years old in 1953 or 1954. Its a way of life in this part of Texas but I have never experienced such a storm as this. We are expected to have 5 or 6 more days of this.

There is only one other couple, out of 300 members, that are native Texans in our church. For the last couple of days, we have had numerous calls from church members asking us what they are to do, how to prepare for a storm. Now I am telling that I have never seen such a storm as this and to pray.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Pray for the People in Coastal Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:34:45 AM »
Heavenly Father, we know the end of the story, your children will live forever in a world with no tears, no sorrow, and no death. But, until then we continue to battle against the evil in this world. We pray for our Brother Cop and his family in Texas. We know that you have not caused this disaster, but it among others will be blamed on you. We understand the gameplan in these last days. This is only the beginning of many disasters that will used to bring in a national Sunday law. What Satan does is only allowed to a degree. He is never free to do as he pleases, else we all would have perished long ago.

Our Brother Cop told me there would be many tornadoes associated with this storm, and so it has been. In the past you have directed them around his home, we pray that if it for our brother's salvation and to your glory, you will continue to do so. We pray that you will use this disaster to your glory, protect your children and give them opportunity to bless others amid the storm. "But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee."

Thank you, Jesus for your great love for us poor erring mortals. Bless and comfort our brother and all of yours who ae in the middle of this storm, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.