Author Topic: School Guide: Segregate Students Uncomfortable With Transgender Bathrooms  (Read 1600 times)

Cop

[Excerpts]

The newest and by far the most illogical and bigoted attempt to force mainstream acceptance of the transgender lifestyle on our children, has been put out there by the Minnesota Department of Education. New for this year, they have issued a handy dandy guide to making the 0.6 percent of transgendered students feel welcome at school, while making the 99 percent of non-trans students feel awkward, uncomfortable, wrong, bigoted and just plain ostracized. That’s right, Minnesota is recommending that schools “isolate” students who are not comfortable with being in locker rooms, restrooms and showers with students whose genitalia does not match the label on the door. Didn’t lots of people march and fight to end segregation a number of years ago? Have we really returned to a world where those who live according to their birth gender and are not interested in invading the opposite gender’s private areas with their private parts, are treated with bigotry and segregation? Are these people in Minnesota serious? Yes, they are.

This helpful guide to bigotry and isolation says, “Schools should work with transgender and gender nonconforming students to ensure that they are able to access needed facilities in a manner that is safe, consistent with their gender identity and does not stigmatize them. Privacy objections raised by a student in interacting with a transgender or gender nonconforming student may be addressed by segregating the student raising the objection provided that the action of the school officials does not result in stigmatizing the transgender and gender nonconforming student.”

So, let’s get this straight, according to Minnesota, it is not okay to stigmatize “gender nonconforming” students by requiring that they use facilities consistent with their DNA and physical genitalia, but it IS okay to stigmatize and segregate the other 99 percent of students by requiring that they simply accept that the opposite gender will be next to them in the locker room? Yes, apparently that is the case.

Source: http://www.libertyheadlines.com/school-guide-segregate-students-uncomfortable-transgender-bathrooms/?AID=7236
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson