Author Topic: Former Lesbian Pastor, Speaker to Arizona Girls  (Read 7904 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Former Lesbian Pastor, Speaker to Arizona Girls
« on: July 02, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »
Lesbian, Alicia Johnson, the Arizona Conference pastor who recently resigned, was the featured speaker at Arizona Conference event for Seventh-day Adventist girls. The conference sponsors the  Young Women’s Experience Ministry which thought the lesbian would be a good influence for the girls. The Pacific Union Conference featured the event in their June issue of their conference periodical.

source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

carls365

Re: Former Lesbian Pastor, Speaker to Arizona Girls
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:27:07 AM »
Lesbian, Alicia Johnson, the Arizona Conference pastor who recently resigned, was the featured speaker at Arizona Conference event for Seventh-day Adventist girls. The conference sponsors the  Young Women’s Experience Ministry which thought the lesbian would be a good influence for the girls. The Pacific Union Conference featured the event in their June issue of their conference periodical.

source

A little off the mark question Richard, how does one like Alicia Johnson get all the way to be a pastor in the first place? I mean surely as one works with the person in length in the seminary, things must have been apparent or at least suspected she was into a abomination. Who noticed and ignored the signs?

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 11:12:08 AM »
I don't know Carl. I suppose there are many who are at seminary who are supporting women ruling over men that would support her also. The two groups share much in common. And, as far as being employed by the Arizona Conference, they did not fire her, she resigned. And, the Arizona Conference just invited her to speak to Seventh-day Adventist girls. This topic was placed in the Ordination Forum because Alicia was a woman pastor in the Arizona Conference. They are in the Pacific Union which has voted to and does ordain women pastors contrary to their constitution and the decisions of the world churches. If in rebellion against Scripture and the church in one area, what is to keep them in harmony with Scripture and the church in another? Anarchy is anarchy. Many don't see it as serious a matter as it really is. One day soon, many will wake up to the crisis that has been growing in the church for the last 27 years. It actually began before than when the GC at annual council usurped the authority of the General Conference in Session and voted to allow churches to ordain women elders. And, the world church has not yet rescinded that illegal action.

So, things are not altogether right yet. But, revival is coming. The shaking has begun and there is a separation taking place in God's church. The truth is doing the dividing.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

carls365

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
I don't know Carl. I suppose there are many who are at seminary who are supporting women ruling over men that would support her also. The two groups share much in common. And, as far as being employed by the Arizona Conference, they did not fire her, she resigned. And, the Arizona Conference just invited her to speak to Seventh-day Adventist girls. This topic was placed in the Ordination Forum because Alicia was a woman pastor in the Arizona Conference. They are in the Pacific Union which has voted to and does ordain women pastors contrary to their constitution and the decisions of the world churches. If in rebellion against Scripture and the church in one area, what is to keep them in harmony with Scripture and the church in another? Anarchy is anarchy. Many don't see it as serious a matter as it really is. One day soon, many will wake up to the crisis that has been growing in the church for the last 27 years. It actually began before than when the GC at annual council usurped the authority of the General Conference in Session and voted to allow churches to ordain women elders. And, the world church has not yet rescinded that illegal action.

So, things are not altogether right yet. But, revival is coming. The shaking has begun and there is a separation taking place in God's church. The truth is doing the dividing.

That makes sense Richard, she was purposely made a pastor. I was dreaming of the days when things still followed the right.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:22:12 PM »
If the backlash becomes strong enough many loyal SDA's may be getting the call from on high to preach and testify and witness door to door without many faithful SDA ministers to back them up, and eventually wind up overseas .  Because if God's patience becomes exhausted at the lack of human enforcement of gospel order, God may take things into His own hands.  Remember EGW's warnings about "fireballs" on the cities and God's judgments.   

First God will sift and winnow and fan away the chaff from His Remnant Church, empower them from on high, warn America, and maybe send the empowered over seas to areas as yet unreached.   

I think hurricanes, fires, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, storms, pestilence, drought, famines, have not awakened humanity very much yet.  The Odin ( sorrows are not yet as bad as needed for God to awaken the general world view of the majority of Earth )  things may need to get worse.  Chelyabinsk is now famous for the big meteor explosion,  EGW says that will happen again and worse.  Whitehorse Media took it very seriously    https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/event/warn-the-cities-convocation-nashville-tn/  .  Nashville TN the city with the life size Parthenon with statue of pagan goddess Athena.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

colporteur

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 05:14:23 AM »

When you spoke Ed of going door to door without official approval it made me think of campmeeting here the other day. The conference president announced that "we have an LE" here today" and invited me to come up and offer prayer before the meeting. He said that he got a call from me this Spring where I said I was here and asked if I could canvass in WV. Well, that's not quite how it went. I called and said that I WAS canvassing in the area. He embellished his authority a bit. With due respect I do not have to ask permission to canvass. I am legally not even a church worker but rather an 'Independent Distributer."

It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »

source

A little off the mark question Richard, how does one like Alicia Johnson get all the way to be a pastor in the first place? I mean surely as one works with the person in length in the seminary, things must have been apparent or at least suspected she was into a abomination. Who noticed and ignored the signs?

This woman was my wife's colporteur team leader years ago in academy. My wife has been very saddened by the news because this woman was someone that was a very positive influence on the student body, very spiritual, etc. There was no talk of her going into pastoral ministry back then.

It is possible that when she went to college she was singled out and encouraged by faculty to pursue pastoral ministry. I worked with a lady who had the faculty pushing very hard for her to become a pastor. She left that institution.