Author Topic: A World Gone Mad!!  (Read 4602 times)

Cop

Re: A World Gone Mad!!
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 09:31:45 AM »
Radicals Warn Amazon Not to Choose ‘Anti-LGBT’ City for HQ
{Excerpts]

A LGBT activist group is pressuring Amazon in hopes of steering the choice of where the company will build its second headquarters.

The "innovative social impact strategy firm" called Collective Conscience wants the mega-tech company – which will spend billions of dollars to set up another major site for operations and has pitted states against each other in a bidding war – to choose a state that has discrimination protections for LGBT people.

The campaign being waged to sway Amazon is called " No Gay, No Way."

"If you are LGBT and work for Amazon, you shouldn't be asked to move somewhere where you could possibly not lease an apartment and not have full equal rights and civil protections under the law," said Chris Fleming, a spokesman for the "No Gay? No Way" campaign.

he No Gay, No Way website features a map with nine states singled out: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

"In each of these states, there are no comprehensive legal protections against firing someone, denying them housing, or refusing them service because they are LGBT," the website says.

No supporting evidence of discrimination is provided.

Source: https://www.utahstandardnews.com/radicals-warn-amazon-not-choose-anti-lgbt-city-hq/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »
(Robin) Williams’ Suicide Inspired 1,800 Copycats: Study
[Excerpts]

Robin Williams’ suicide in August 2014 broke hearts worldwide.

But a new study suggests that the salacious media coverage may have inspired even more tragedy—and deaths— in its wake.

Researchers at Columbia University looked at suicide data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, using it to create a predictive model of how many suicides should have occurred in the US in 2014.

They also looked at the mentions of “suicide” and “Robin Williams” in news reports starting from June 2013 to December 2014.

For the months prior to Williams’ suicide, the model held up. But from August to December 2014, the number of actual suicides was considerably higher, with the largest spikes seen soon after his death.

The researchers found that around 1,800 more people died by suicide in the first four months following William’s death than they forecasted, an overall 10 percent increase.
Grimmer still, there was an over 30 percent increase from expected suicides caused by strangulation—the method that Williams died by— compared to a three percent increase of suicides by other methods. 

Source: https://headlinehealth.com/robin-williams-inspire-1800-copycat-suicides-study-says-yes/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
Yale University teaches students ‘counternarratives around whiteness’
[Excerpts]

ale University is offering a course this semester which aims to help students understand and counteract “whiteness,” exploring such topics as “white imagination,” “white property” and “white speech.”

According to the syllabus for “Constructions of Whiteness” obtained by The College Fix, the English course is an “interdisciplinary approach to examining our understanding of whiteness.”
The class, which is apparently being offered for the first time this semester, discusses “whiteness as a culturally constructed and economically incorporated entity, which touches upon and assigns value to nearly every aspect of American life and culture.”

The goal of the class is to “create a lab for the construction of counternarratives around whiteness in any creative form: play, poem, memoir, etc.,” states the syllabus.
Taught by Professor Claudia Rankine, the class is divided into eight topics: Constructions of Whiteness, White Property, White Masculinity, White Femininity, White Speech, White Prosperity, White Spaces and White Imagination, according to the syllabus.

Students in the course are asked to read books such as Michael Kimmel’s “Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era,” Richard Dyer’s “White: Essays on Race and Culture,” and Richard Delgado’s and Jean Stefanic’s “Critical White Studies: Looking Behind the Mirror.”

Other required readings include Hazel Carby’s “White Woman, Listen!,” Juliana Spahr’s “My White Feminism” and Professor Rankine’s own work, “The White Card.”

More @: https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/42121/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »
Students Criticize New Harvard Prez for Being a White Man
[Excerpts]

arvard University had only just announced its next president before he came under attack — not for anything he did, but for who he is.
That is, in the eyes of his critics, at least, a “white male.”

The New York Times greeted the selection with a news article reporting in its second paragraph that, in selecting Lawrence Bacow earlier this month, the search committee had missed “an opportunity for Harvard to choose a leader who would reflect the #MeToo and Black Lives Matter movements.”

Harvard’s student newspaper, the Crimson, of which I was president 25 years ago, reported that the announcement, “surprised and disappointed some College students who had hoped a person of color would take the University’s top job.”

The Crimson columnist complained that Mr. Bacow “does not understand, first-hand, what it means to be reduced to your gender or the color of your skin.”

And there, precisely, is encapsulated the irony of the situation. The vanguard of the anti-racism, anti-sexism movement on campus looks at an individual chosen for a job and can’t see past his skin color or his gender. If Mr. Bacow didn’t “understand, first-hand” what it means to be reduced to gender or skin color before he was chosen for this job, he sure does now, because it appears to be the only thing, or the main thing, that his critics can see about him.

More @: https://www.nysun.com/national/harvards-new-president-finds-a-teaching-moment/90196/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 09:12:11 AM »
‘Racist’ Gorilla Statue Removed From Playground
[Excerpts]

A much-loved gorilla statue that had been removed from a playground in Corsicana, Texas, following complaints it was racist is set to return following outrage and protests from local residents.

The gorilla, nicknamed Dobby, was taken from the Community Park following concerns from some citizens that it was potentially racially insensitive.

The freestanding statue was placed inside a cage at the park over fears it could topple over and hurt children if they climbed on it. However, after Corsicana Mayor Don Denbow received 45 complaints that the gorilla was offensive, the decision was made to remove it entirely.

In a statement, Denbow said: “The City of Corsicana recently made the decision to remove a display in Community Park. The reason for the decision was two-fold: Recognizing that the display was offensive to some of our citizens and a concern regarding the safety of the exhibits.

In a second statement the following day explaining what was offensive about the statue, Denbow explained it was “potentially racially insensitive.”

“This was brought to our attention by a few citizens. The circumstances were evaluated and determined to be valid,” he added.

More @: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/racist-gorilla-statue-removed-playground/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2018, 09:30:44 AM »
School Suspends War Veteran Teacher Who Vowed to Protect Students
[Excerpts]

By nearly every account Timothy Locke is one of the most beloved and inspirational teachers in the Cherry Hill, New Jersey school district....Locke is a veteran of the Iraq war and for the past 17 years he’s flavored his classroom lessons at Cherry Hill East High School with real-life experiences.

But on Feb. 22 the veteran school teacher was summoned to the principal’s office where his bag was searched, he was placed on administrative leave and was ordered to undergo a physical and a psychiatric evaluation.

According to parents and students Locke’s only crime was to address his concerns about school safety with youngsters in his Advanced Placement History class.
The teacher feared a similar attack could happen at Cherry Hill East.

“During the course of the conversation he indicated that he would protect his students if something like (Parkland, Florida) happened here,” parent Eric Ascalon told the Todd Starnes Radio Show. “He was raising safety concerns about the school with the students. And the intent of his statement (was that) he would protect his students at all costs.”

Source: https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/school-suspends-war-veteran-teacher-vowed-protect-students/

— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »
More and more it seems as if the  inmates are running the asylum.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
UCLA: Saying ‘I’m Not Racist’ is Racist
“I’m not racist, I have several black friends” is also listed as an example of “racism”…
[Excerpts]

An official University of California list of racist “microaggressions” asserts that saying “I’m not racist” is racist.

From the official University of California list of racist “microaggressions”:
• "There is only one race, the human race.”
• “I believe the most qualified person should get the job.”
• “America is the land of opportunity.”

The university guide defines microaggressions as, “everyday verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs, or insults, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership.”

Examples listed on the university’s official website include telling someone, “you speak English very well,” telling an Asian person that they are good at math and insisting that “America is a melting pot”.

Radio host Dennis Prager highlighted some other examples, which include saying, “There is only one race, the human race,” and also remarking, “I believe the most qualified person should get the job.” Thinking that, “America is the land of opportunity” is also racist, according to the guide.

A white woman who clutches her purse or bag when approached by a black or Latino person is also committing a racist microaggression, according to the guide. Asking non-white people why they are being quiet or loud is also racist…

Source: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/univ-ca-los-angeles-saying-im-not-racist-racist/
— Stonewall Jackson