Author Topic: Posting Photos Using Flickr  (Read 7369 times)

Dorine

Posting Photos Using Flickr
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
I have signed up with Flickr and uploaded two pictures of tomatoes. Now I'm stuck. Can't figure out how to insert it into this window. It's Friday so it doesn't need to happen today. Any help when available would be wonderful. :)
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Flikr
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:18:55 AM »
Dorine, I'm headed out of town shortly today. So I will try to help next week if someone else doesn't step in first. It can be a little confusing but once you've done it, it's easy.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
Thank you Jim. Next week is just fine. It's not urgent at all.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Marelis

Posting Photos Using Flickr
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:52:22 AM »
I'd like to be able to post photos. It seems very difficult. I couldn't even manage to load a photo to Photobucket.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »
I wouldn't bother with photobucket any longer. As they don't allow shared linking with their free account any longer. There are many free photosharing websites to choose from. Currently I use Flickr. They allow for free up to 1000 photos.

They will give you a bbc code that will allow you to share here. Its hard to show you the code without executing it. But with a little practice I know you can get it to happen. I'm gonna try to find a way to show you what it looks like without it actually executing.

These are relatives of a yesteryear but the weather outside right now is the same!!

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
Marelis did you try Jim's instructions for uploading to flickr? It worked for me but I haven't tried it lately.

1. Log into Flickr

2. Click on the photo you want to share.

3. In the bottom right corner of the screen, there is a curved arrow to the right. If you hover your mouse over it, a text box will pop up that says "Share Photo." Click on the arrow.

4. In the resulting pop-up window it will say "Share 1 Photo To" and shows icons for popular sites like Facebook and Pinterest. Above that, tabs list "Share" "Embed" "Email" and "BBCode". Click on the one that says BBCode.

5. When you click on BBCode, select appropriate size. A whole bunch of text shows up in the text area. Copy all that text.

6. Log into this forum and start a post, paste the text you copied from Flickr into your post. Your photo won't show up until after you post it.

7. To insert a photo without extra links shave off text per example below....

The example is no longer available here but you may want to delete your last name from the code they give you. Jim can explain it better than I can.

Dorine

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 11:51:08 AM »
This may not work anymore Marelis. After reading Richards explanation of the difficulties of dealing with hackers it might be best to follow his suggestion of sending photos directly to him.

Marelis

Re: Posting Photos Using Flickr
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:11:43 AM »
Thank you, Dorine. I may open a Flickr account and try. Perhaps it is best not to worry about posting photos.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Posting Photos Using Flickr
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 05:42:36 AM »
Flicker has been working fine. Photobucket caused our difficulty. There is no problem in posting photos with third parties. It is when our users are allowed access to our software that then hackers have a way into our system. Third party software posts the photos on their servers, then we use their server to acquire the photo. Thus, we bypass the risk of being hacked.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.