Author Topic: April 11 Spring Council Afternoon Meeting  (Read 39050 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
April 11 Spring Council Afternoon Meeting
« on: April 12, 2017, 09:48:49 AM »
Afternoon meeting....

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: April 11 Spring Council Afternoon Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:22:15 PM »
Elder Wilson does something worthy of notice.  Prayer is not a common undertaking. When we pray, we often ought to so on our knees. At times this is not possible. In large groups, with stationary seating, there is not enough room to kneel. But, Elder Wilson understands that it is not a good thing to just sit while prayer is being offered. He asks the council to stand when offering prayer. It is something we ought to pray about doing in our churches. Too often we just sit and pray. The standard continues to be lowered. Let us lift it up higher and higher.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pete

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »
Where are any comments on the approval of transgender membership in the SDA church? ???

colporteur

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 05:54:26 AM »
Where are any comments on the approval of transgender membership in the SDA church? ???

When it is happening and there is not an outcry it is being approved by silence. When we have all this inclusive propaganda without qualification it is acceptance.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:34:24 PM »
If I remember right, the discussion took place on the 12th.  I heard part of it live, but had to leave soon after it started. I patiently listened to all of the 11th's meetings, and look forward to watching the 12th's soon.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »
I just finished the closing meeting and did not see the discussion on transgenders. Can someone tell me if it was in the morning or afternoon meeting on the 11th?