Author Topic: Satanic Temple Says Texas Fetal Remains Law Volates Religius Freedom  (Read 1603 times)

Cop

[Excerpts]

When the state of Texas announced that a new set of rules will require health care facilities to cremate or bury the fetal remains from abortions and miscarriages, as we've previously reported, state officials likely knew they would face some backlash. But they probably didn't imagine that it would come from Satanists.

Earlier this week, the Satanic Temple released a statement declaring that its members would be exempt from the rules because it violates their religious liberties.

The statement goes on, “Members of The Satanic Temple believe in the inviolability of the body and, as such, these rules contradict our fundamental beliefs… For these reasons, members of The Satanic Temple are not required to comply with the Texas rule on fetal remains.”

The rules will take effect on December 19. Previously, health care facilities such as hospitals and abortion clinics were able to dispose of fetal remains in sanitary landfills.

Source: http://www.houstonpress.com/news/satanic-temple-says-texas-fetal-remains-rule-violates-members-religious-freedom-updated-9008374
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson