Author Topic: Pacific Union College President Resigns  (Read 1042 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Pacific Union College President Resigns
« on: December 09, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »
Heather Knight, president of PUC, will terminate her position effective January 8, 2017.  Napa Register With the rebellion in the Pacific Union, and with the downward slide in Seventh-day Adventist schools in the North American Division, her tenure at the college has not been easy. Liberal professors in the college resisted church standards. In attempting to halt the downward slide at PUC, Heather Knight caused such a stir that she could not continue on in her leadership role at the school.

As with many other "Christian" schools which allowed teachers to teach contrary to the Bible, this college is reaping what it has sown. What will be the end? Unless Jesus and His Word are made the foundation of the curriculum, the downward slide will continue until the school will be separated from the church.

There is a great divide within the church. Educational institutions in the North American Division, in general, have followed the pattern of the schools in the world. The teaching of evolution as truth is seen by many as something the schools must accept in order to be a part of the American educational system. Having digressed from Bible truth, it is not surprising to find that the schools then must adhere to the world's standard regarding homosexuality. The acceptance of homosexuality is made an issue in religious schools that have in the past not had to deal with the changing standard. This became an issue at Pacific Union College when a professor invited Ryan Bell, an atheist to speak to his class. The president of the college dis-invited the ex-Seventh-day pastor. It appears this division between the administration and some liberal professors has ended with the resignation of Heather Knight.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Pacific Union College President Resigns
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »
I can't help wondering if, because she fired Aubyn Fulton (the Psych professor who invited Ryan Bell), there has been pressure from the liberal members of the faculty to get rid of her.  I'm not that familiar with her philosophy of education, but she did the right thing by firing him.  I'm wondering, though, why she didn't fire the evolutionist(s) in the biology dept.  There is at least one who openly admits that he believes in evolution  Men like that are unfit to be teaching our young people.  That never would have happened when I was a student there.  None of my biology professors ever even hinted that they accepted any of the evolutionary fairy tale.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10