Author Topic: Why the Testimonies?  (Read 9439 times)

M.A. Crawford

• http://
Why the Testimonies?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2001, 07:08:00 AM »
If that is your understanding, Sis. Liane, I don't have a problem with it.

M.A.

M.A.

Liane H

Why the Testimonies?
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
Hello Brethren:

Posting two statements from the Spirit of Prophecy that I have mentioned above which bring to more light on the subject.

Christ Object Lessons, page 295-296

"Christ would have averted the doom of the Jewish nation if the people had received Him."

"As a people the Jews had failed of fulfilling God's purpose, and the vineyard was taken from them. The privieges they had abused, the work they had slighted was entrusted to others."

Prophets and Kings, page 713

"That which God purposed to do for the world through Israel, the chosen nation, He will finally accomplish through His church on earth today."

One other point is noted here, she states very clearly that where Israel had failed that HE WILL FINALLY ACCOMPLISH THROUGH HIS CHURCH ON EARTH TODAY.

The Seventh-day Adventist Church is HIS church on earth today.  There is no other church on earth that has the Spirit of Prophecy and fulfill to the letter the scriptures "The Saints who keep the commandments of God and have the faith/testimony of Jesus" so perfectly.

There has to be an end-time church. The world will have to come to an end sometime and I believe with the course of events that have taken place since 1844 we have come to that end and I feel strongly in our lifetime.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

M.A. Crawford

Why the Testimonies?
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2001, 07:39:00 AM »
"We will be attacked for our proclaiming that the SOP is inspiration that it comes from God and is not just the good words of an old dead woman."

Sis. Liane, there is much wisdom in the words of the above quote. I believe God has blessed you with this very important insight that is, unfortunately, not as clearly understood as it should be by those of us who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

I am convinced that everything we believe unto salvation must be BASED UPON THE WORD OF GOD because church doctrines and denominational utterances, that have little if anything to do with eternal life, will be unacceptable when presented to worldly councils and those of high rank. The Great Principles of Salvation, to be effective in that day in proving points that relate to redemption, must be shown in and substantiated from Scripture, and not just from non-Scriptural sources. We must be thoroughly rooted and grounded in the Word of God and be able to SHOW FROM SCRIPTURE why we believe what we believe.

How are we to answer questions relative to the Investigative Judgment and the Heavenly Sanctuary? I believe that, in that day, God will give us the right words to say at the right time.

M.A.      

M.A.

M.A. Crawford

Why the Testimonies?
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2001, 07:51:00 AM »
Why the Testimonies? I came across a quotation written by the Lord's messenger in Selected Messages, Book 1, p. 46 which reads:

"The testimonies of the Spirit of God are given to direct men to His Word, which has been neglected. Now if their messages are not heeded, the Holy Spirit is shut away from the soul. What further means has God in reserve to reach the erring ones, and show them their true condition? The churches that have cherished influences which lessen faith in the testimonies, are weak and tottering. Some ministers are working to attract people to themselves. When an effort is made to correct any wrong in these ministers, they stand back in independence and say, 'My church accepts my labors.'

"Jesus said, 'Every one that doeth evil, hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.' There are many today pursuing a similar course. In the testimonies are specified the very sins of which they are guilty; HENCE THEY HAVE NO DESIRE TO READ THEM (Emphasis mine). There are those who from their youth up have received warning and reproofs through the testimonies; but have they walked in the light and reformed?--not at all. They still indulge the same sins; they have the same defects of character. These evils mar the work of God, and make their impress upon the churches. The work the Lord would do to set the churches in order is not done, because the individual members--and especially the leaders of the flock--would not be corrected."

M.A.

M.A.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Why the Testimonies?
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »
I see this is a very old topic but tonight in reading I found something that I thought was appropriate for here and worth sharing.

God has given sufficient evidence, so that all who desire to do so may satisfy themselves as to the character of the Testimonies; and, having acknowledged them to be from God, it is their duty to accept reproof, even though they do not themselves see the sinfulness of their course. If they fully realized their condition, what would be the need of reproof? Because they know it not, God mercifully sets it before them, so that they may repent and reform before it shall be too late. "Those who despise the warning will be left in blindness to become self-deceived; but those who heed it, and zealously go about the work of separating their sins from them in order to have the needed graces, will be opening the door of their hearts that the dear Saviour may come in and dwell with them." Those who are most closely connected with God are the ones who know His voice when He speaks to them. Those who are spiritual discern spiritual things. Such will feel grateful that the Lord has pointed out their errors."   {5T 682.1}
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}