Author Topic: Former Review Editor Involved With the One Project  (Read 5663 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Former Review Editor Involved With the One Project
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:11:23 AM »
Former editor of the Adventist Review,William Johnsson, is to be a speaker at the apostate Adventist Forum conference next month. It will come as no surprise to many here, that he is also involved with the One Project. "My involvement with the One Project is recent. We were invited to speak at the Seattle gathering in February of this year and were enormously blessed. So when the organizers asked us to join them in Oz this August we gave an immediate Yes."

One need not have waited to understand his apostate theology, it was revealed in the Review for 20 years. Sadly, support for the man continues from many holding high positions in the church. The Seventh-day Adventist Biblical Research Council has published his latest books last year. BRI

There is a battle within the church. It is similar to what happened when Jesus came to His own and His own knew Him not. The difference is, God's church today will not be cut off as was Israel. It will see revival and reformation. How long must Jesus wait? How long must sin and sinners continue to cause pain and suffering? Something must change for the better.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
Re: Former Review Editor Involved With the One Project
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 07:45:05 PM »
When the water in the cooker gets hot enough, the ( Revelation 16:13 )unclean three frogs stews and dies, while the sparrow of God's eye, had the sense to fly out the window, up to her Master well before that time. 

Out door to door she went, her work finally done, He called her to Him and away she flew to her Mt Zion.   

The three frogs remained in the hot pot, till the kitchen caught fire and that house burnt down. 

Never they came into the faithful sparrow's mind anymore. 
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:36:37 AM »
The latest word down here in Texas is that the Conference will soon implement the One Project here. What we have heard is that anyone who opposes this program is dangerous and in rebellion against Church authority.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »
Pass on any information coming from conference or church pastors, Cop. We will post it and share publicly what the One Project is so all may see who is in rebellion against God's church. The church has authority, but not the kind you are speaking of. More than likely, those who speak this way are themselves in rebellion against church authority. Is this not often the case?

We have rebellion widespread against Bible truth and the World Church decision to not ordain women into the pastoral ministry. Yet, that church authority is rejected. Those who are speaking down your way in favor of the One Project are more than likely guilty of rejecting Bible truth and church authority.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 04:56:22 PM »
The latest word down here in Texas is that the Conference will soon implement the One Project here. What we have heard is that anyone who opposes this program is dangerous and in rebellion against Church authority.

I don't think that would fly in our conference.  Our pastor is against the One Project, as is the pastor in the neighboring district.  Our conference is not as heavy-handed as some.  It leaves local churches alone for the most part, and doesn't try to force a lot of stuff down our throats--at least for now.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »

Conferences are receiving great pressure from the NAD.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

colporteur

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 05:15:29 AM »

Conferences are receiving great pressure from the NAD.

And the NAD seeks to try to move in leadership that will go with the flow, the downward flow.

carls365

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:14:13 AM »
Still don't understand why so many are being fooled by the One Project, the giveaway is so clear. When you listen to their "speakers", it's obvious in so many ways they are not of God. The body english of mocking, what they don't say is very telling, when they talk of our standards like EGW, the wink, wink, and attitude of making fun, and so many more giveaways. Those that take them seriously must really have their heads in the sand or maybe that's what they actually want. So sad, but also very telling of the newage and even some not so newage SDA's.

colporteur

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »
Still don't understand why so many are being fooled by the One Project, the giveaway is so clear. When you listen to their "speakers", it's obvious in so many ways they are not of God. The body english of mocking, what they don't say is very telling, when they talk of our standards like EGW, the wink, wink, and attitude of making fun, and so many more giveaways. Those that take them seriously must really have their heads in the sand or maybe that's what they actually want. So sad, but also very telling of the newage and even some not so newage SDA's.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 07:44:44 AM »
Changes at the One Project?

They are going to be meeting in Atalanta in October. source

But, what is going on?  having difficulties?

Dorine

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »
Changes at the One Project?

They are going to be meeting in Atalanta in October. source

But, what is going on?  having difficulties?

It sounds to me like this is not the end but only a spring board into a new intentional focus working in individual churches.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »

It sounds to me like this is not the end but only a spring board into a new intentional focus working in individual churches.

That's what I'm concerned about.  Any celebration of the demise of the One Project is probably premature.

When I read the announcement on their website,  I noticed that they signed off with "Jesus. All." So, no evidence of repentance, no word of apology for damage done to the church, only thanks to those who participated (in leading many astray).

That leads me to believe they've got something else in the works, and I have a feeling we won't like it.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 09:14:56 PM »
They have been too successful to just pack up and go home. They have Johnsson with them now.

ranger

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »
I find it interesting that they are not going to broadcast or record the last three meetings. Wonder why? Something to hide?
The church is to be strengthened, the world is to be warned. Jesus is coming soon!

colporteur

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »
They have been too successful to just pack up and go home. They have Johnsson with them now.

Someone on facebook said that maybe Johnsson's book on WO is not all that bad. In other words give him a break. This goes so much deeper than WO. The WO stand is just a symptom.