Author Topic: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 9--3rd Quarter 2016--Jesus Ministered to Their Needs  (Read 10017 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
In a Laodicean church, this would be getting the cart in front of the horse. We ought not have to spend so much time addressing the needs within the church. We ought to be out in the world doing evangelism. But, what then would we do with the new converts? If we bring them into a Laodicean church, many will leave, and not come back. Let us get our house in order so that we will not appear as hypocrites. We are responsible for those who are apostate leaders in the church. Everything begins in the local church. We send our representative to vote for conference leadership. We have to accept the fact that we do not have a hierarchy. The churches need to be revived and reformed. This ought not come as a surprise since so many  are leaving the local churches, even the young people.

It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. For, it is by beholding Jesus that we are converted daily 2 Cor. 3:18. How can we continue to resist His love if we truly know Him?

When we behold the loveliness of Jesus, as it is a joy to do, our lives will be a life of continual obedience. It is also a continual cross--denying the ways of the flesh. But praise God, Jesus' love is so strong that He keeps after us by His Spirit! Jesus has not returned yet. Why? Because He loves you and me, and the people that He has given us the opportunity to reach. But we cannot reach others when we deny Him in character. With whom are our thoughts? Of whom do we love to converse? What is your favorite thing to speak about? Is it Jesus? If it is, then continue to behold Him and dwell in HIs love. And if it is not, then how do you come to experience that love? By beholding! I want to personally invite you on a journey that will change your life....it is only a forum away...in The Desire of Ages forum we are daily beholding the loveliness of Jesus and sharing what Jesus is showing us of Himself and His truth. It is such a wonderful way to be changed, and to enjoy the experience all the way to heaven!

I am so thankful that this has become my daily experience, and I am noticing how spending time with Jesus every day is changing the way I think and approach every situation in life. Why? Because I know I am not alone, that I have a never-failing Helper, one who is there to guide me at every step. He wants to be all of this to you and more--because in your individuality, He, Jesus, has a love story waiting to unfold for you that will only deepen for all eternity--it is the love story of you falling in love with Him and the picture of the Father He reveals to you. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! I could sing for eternity what Jesus means to me and I just want the whole world to know that there is nothing else like His amazing love!

Amen, Pastor Sean!  Bless the Lord O my soul!! We have so much to praise Him for! How can we withhold our praise! How can we not love Him who gave all for us while we were yet sinners!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.