Author Topic: Converted Church Members  (Read 4928 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Converted Church Members
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:29:06 AM »
Not all in God's church are in a Laodicean condition. Last Sabbath I was blessed to meet a sister who loves Jesus with the whole heart. As I was conversing with another about the loveliness of Jesus and the power this brings to renew the heart, I heard an "amen!" I looked up and there was Maria with a broad smile on her face. When we are testifying to the Goodness of God and the power of grace to transform the life, there are some who already understand this by experience, they have tasted the power of grace.

Maria entered into our discussion. We all left that early morning meeting blessed by each others declaration of God's love and power.  I went back to my tent, had prayer with my traveling companion, and understood our mission for the day. We were to find others who like Maria were open to hearing about the loveliness of Jesus and the well kept secret that by beholding His loveliness we are transformed from sinner to saint. We prayed that God would lead us to those seeking more light.

In considering any that might be open to truth, I remembered a lady who had testified to her desire to have her children educated in a Christian school. She ought to be interested in hearing about the power of grace and that by beholding the uplifted Savior we are changed into His image from glory unto glory. Not more than five minutes after praying, we found her walking in front  of us. We were at a campmeeting. As I attempted to reach her, God had other plans. Maria appeared out of nowhere. Joy filled my heart, for I knew God had pre-ordained this second meeting. And what a meeting that was. As I asked Jesus what it was He wanted her to know, He presented before my mind the most beautiful revelation I had ever seen. As I shared this most wonderful picture of our heavenly Father, Maria was so moved, her life was forever changed. As we concluded our visit, her prayer revealed her heart. By beholding the great love our Father has for us, she was completely undone. She recognized our sinful fallen flesh, and she knew God's love as never before. Her prayer breathed the fragrance of that love and her commitment to it was from deep within her heart. The Spirit of God had taken possession of Maria and was speaking through her.

Maria already had a burden in her heart. She was moving forward to  build a little church in a country where it is illegal to be found with a Great Controversy. She is in a Catholic country where our people are being persecuted for sharing the truth. What a blessing to find such a precious soul who is living for Christ. Let us never become discouraged as did Elijah, thinking there are not others in God's church who are wide awake and doing the Lord's work. They are there and are His witnesses in this world so soon to perish. I solicit your prayers for our Sister Maria as she continues her labor for the Master. She is a bright and shining light set upon a hill.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

Re: Converted Church Members
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »

What a testimony , Richard !  What I love about and am learning about Jesus is that when we lean on Him and trust in Him; when we walk in His will, no matter how problematic things become it is not really a big problem. It is His problem and He is working it out.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Converted Church Members
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 06:00:35 AM »
Amen, cp.  It is something God wants us to understand. The Day of Atonement is preparing a people who will learn this and stand through a time of trouble such as never was.....without a mediator. It takes time to develop such a character that will not forget the lesson.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.