Author Topic: Upper Columbia Conference Backtracks Making Women Rulers Over Men  (Read 5699 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
The Upper Columbia Conference in the North Pacific Union rescinded its March vote to make commissioned ministers equal with ordained ministers.  The reversal was brought about by the threat by faithful churches to call for a special conference constituency meeting to discuss the executive committee's unlawful action. We saw this cone in the Netherlands Union Conference where when held, the union prevailed.

The Upper Columbia Conference Executive Committee voted a revised Commissioned Minister Policy in March 2016 that underscored the equal calling of men and women pastors. This vote was taken after significant dialogue with our conference pastors and Executive Committee members who represent our conference members.

Unfortunately, the new policy created significant concern among some of our members who felt that it placed our conference beyond the parameters of the Church Manual and the North American Division policy for commissioned ministers. Our conference leadership received notification from seven churches that revealed intentions to request a special constituency session, permitted in our constitution under certain conditions, if the policy were not reversed. When it became evident to us that rising contention among some of our membership had begun to overshadow our focus on mission, we determined to revisit the policy.

Therefore, following a lengthy dialogue during our Executive Committee meeting on July 19, 2016, the committee voted to rescind the recently voted UCC Commissioned Minister Policy. We will continue to use the Church Manual and North American Division policy (referenced below) for our commissioned pastors, in the hope that we can focus more intently on mission.
  UCC Website
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

Re: Upper Columbia Conference Backtracks Making Women Rulers Over Men
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »

I was told today by a pastor's wife in Michigan that the NAD is paying the salaries for women pastors for two years. In her words, "that's bribery."
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:52:01 AM »

I was told today by a pastor's wife in Michigan that the NAD is paying the salaries for women pastors for two years. In her words, "that's bribery."

"Satan’s temptations succeed with the professed followers of Christ on the point of indulgence of pleasure and appetite. Clothed as an angel of light, he will quote Scripture to justify the temptations he places before men to indulge the appetite, and in worldly pleasures which suit the carnal heart. The professed followers of Christ are weak in moral power, and are fascinated with the bribe which Satan has presented before them, and he gains the victory.

How does God look upon churches that are sustained by such means? Christ cannot accept these offerings, because they were not given through their love and devotion to Him, but through their idolatry of self. But what many would not do for the love of Christ, they will do for the love of delicate luxuries to gratify the appetite, and for love of worldly amusements to please the carnal heart."—The Review and Herald, October 13, 1874.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
I put this here because Pastor Lambert is at the Stateline SDA Church, in Ore.  And I apologize if this has already been posted.  I can't keep up with everything.  Anyway, has anyone seen this series? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_uUjPF1z_E

It's one of the best, and most thorough treatments of the subject that I've seen.  His thorough study of the issue reminds me of the way Stephen Bohr teaches.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 05:26:05 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Wally. It is good to have it here so that all may understand not all pastors in this conference are in rebellion against God and His Word. I am going to post the video in thread where we reveal the truth about The Bible Teaches Male Headship in the Home and the Church 

I have listened to the first part and appreciate that he understands women may be ordained. This has never really been clearly expressed in the meetings I am aware of. If this were understood, then the subject of women's ordination would be much easier to deal with. The problem is not the ordination of women, but making then rulers over men. There are positions they are not to be ordained to. They are not to be leaders over men.

Pastor Lambert also presented a very good history of the ordination of women elders in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.