Author Topic: Turkey Purges Resistance to Caliphate  (Read 5099 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Turkey Purges Resistance to Caliphate
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »
It is sad, but the move to block the takeover by Sultan Erdogan failed and now he believes he has an excuse to clean house. Not that he had not already begun, but this seems to put an exclamation mark on his work to remove all resistance to his takeover of Turkey. On one hand, I sorrowed over the failure, but on the other hand, I already knew the outcome. Turkey is a marker of time, the time of the very end.

"He has ordered the closure of 1,043 private schools, 1,229 charities and foundations, 19 trade unions, 15 universities and 35 medical institutions, state news agency Anadolu reported on Saturday."
  source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: Turkey Purges Resistance to Caliphate
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »
I appreciate how a careful study of Scripture--notably the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation, can help us to realize the significance of Turkey's role in last day events.

We have an amazing opportunity as Seventh-day Adventists to help people realize that in the issues surrounding Islam-state relationships, that this presents the same problem that will be seen in the United States when the law regarding the veneration of the Sunday will be enacted in law. When the church is unable to move people by the Word of God and the working of the Holy Spirit, it will inevitably resort to force.

May we pray for the believers in Christ in Turkey that, they will see the real issues at stake, and walk with Jesus in liberty of conscience--even if it costs them their physical life.

Jesus is coming very soon, and as we see prophecy fulfilling all around us, let us take courage that the greatest sign is the maturation of the perfect character of Christ in His people, so that God's glorious character stands revealed to the onlooking universe at the same time as wickedness in humanity is fully mature. The evidence of a living-faith connection with Christ is that all the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in the life--not one will be missing!

"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »
Is Turkey going to reinstate the caliphate? That would seem to be a strange question to ask if one has studied world history and the Bible. But, even stranger to those living in Turkey. There has been a steady march to create a caliphate. It is visible to all who will look, even from the outside. The only thing left in Turkey that would not be in keeping with the caliphate is its membership in NATO.

Turkish President Erdogan declared a "national mobilization" three weeks ago. He has the country tightly in his hand. It did not surprise anyone when the nightclub in Turkey was attacked. No self respecting Islamist would allow such things.

There are more examples indicating Turkey’s fast movement toward an Islamist system, no longer necessarily led by the AKP, but just tolerated and encouraged. The AKP has championed radicalization, masculinization and Islamization so much so that the unintended consequence is now the populist demand to reinstate the caliphate in Turkey. These Islamist and ultranationalistic groups, which are indeed contradictory on the theoretical spectrum, but work in tandem currently in Turkey, are the only opposition who can write, speak and protest freely in Turkey. What is ahead then for Turkey? With the rhetoric of national mobilization, more visible violence is expected against leftists, foreigners, Alevis, Kurds, gays and women.
source

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 05:24:31 AM »
As Erdogan, the leader of the Islamic State of Turkey continues his quest for Caliph of the New Ottoman Empire, we see that the Islamic world is in need of such a one. The tension between the Palestinians and Israel is getting ready to blow. This is not new news since it is only God holding the winds back that has kept this from happening already. But, as Iran continues its threats to wipe Israel off the face of the map, and their success in building a nuclear bomb draws closer, the pressure on Israel increases by the day. Do others understand? Some do. Making Jerusalem the capital of Israel sets the stage for the final battle for Jerusalem between the Jews and the Muslims with the New Ottoman Empire leading Islam. At least that is what the Bible tells us. The King of the North will set up His palaces in Jerusalem, and Erdogan says he will go into Jerusalem.

This all makes clear Palestinian society is a powder-keg waiting to explode and that the long-anticipated final battle for Jerusalem could begin soon.
This week's news  Erdogan is not yet prepared, but as I said the stage is being prepared for the third Jihad into Jerusalem.

Marelis

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 11:20:23 AM »
I can see it, Br Myers. One eye on Jerusalem. The other on Rome.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 05:19:05 PM »
Yes Marelis, the papacy will kill two birds with one stone.

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »
It's amazing that we live in a time like this. Signs are all around us that Jesus is coming soon. I am so thankful that I learned about Daniel 11 when I did.
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17