Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 1659 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Welcome!
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:53:10 AM »
Welcome to our reading in Patriarchs and Prophets. We invite your participation in sharing what it is that God is revealing to you as we read. If you are not registered, please send a message to administrator@remnant-online.com requesting registration.

There are only so many minutes in a day. We must choose what we do with this most precious talent of time. "Our time belongs to God. Every moment is His, and we are under the most solemn obligation to improve it to His glory. Of no talent He has given will He require a more strict account than of our time. The value of time is beyond computation. Christ regarded every moment as precious, and it is thus that we should regard it. Life is too short to be trifled away. We have but a few days of probation in which to prepare for eternity." ML 115. Reading what God has entrusted to His people is a good use of our time. As to how much and when, that is left for us to pray about.

The gift of prophecy is a great blessing, especially in these last days when every evil doctrine has come into the world in order to deceive all who neglect God's Word and the inspiration given in the Spirit of Prophecy.

As we near the end of this world's history, let us press together that God's church will be seen to be His witness in a dark world.

May God grant us an extra measure of His Spirit as we read.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »
This should be a great blessing! While the Desire of  Ages is my favorite SOP book, it is Patriarchs and Prophets that first gained my affection for her writings.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
Are we to register to be part of the reading plan or is that for those that are not registered on TRO? Is it a chapter a day/week? I would very much like to be part of this.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
Thanks for asking, Dorine. Those who are not yet registered cannot post. We are encouraging them to register so they can post. Anyone who is registered is welcomed to read with us and share their blessings.

We are also reading Desire of Ages daily, so it will probably be better for most to read a chapter every other day. One may read a chapter a day, but it then takes time to share. We want to encourage all who are reading to share what they learn. So, I am inclined to say a chapter ever other day. What are your thoughts, dear sister?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 02:30:39 PM »
Just sent a request for registration.  I will do my best to read a chapter a day but I'm sure there will be times when it will take two days. I'm not a speedy reader.  :)

I've read it before but I need a refresher on the whole conflict series. I would hate to pass up a wonderful opportunity like this.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
I think I may have misunderstood the "registration" procedure. I am already a registered member of TRO so does this mean I am free to participate? or does it mean that there is also a separate registration. Sorry for being so "slow" to catch on.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 07:51:57 PM »
No need to sign up for this reading. It is open to all who are registered members to post as we share what is revealed. Looking forward to learning from others! Let us press together as we near the end.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »
Let's keep the timing open. We will go along as those who are posting wish to post. This will give us all the most flexible schedule to participate in the discussion. I would leave at least two days before moving to the next chapter.