Author Topic: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 6--2nd Quarter 2016--Resting in Christ  (Read 9158 times)

colporteur

Re: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 6--2nd Quarter 2016--Resting in Christ
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
Today a retired pastor and I had a firm disagreement in Sabbathschool regarding Sabbath observance. How would you respond ?  He said that some SDAs would go so far as to try to tell someone that rented his farmland that he cannot do work on his property on the Sabbath. The teacher and another handled this very well when they said, " why not rent the land to an SDA ?"  The pastor said that this would be making this a deal about money. Huh ? I responded that people rent out property all the time with contingencies. Often home owners will not rent their house out to people with dogs and cats.

Well what if there were no SDAs in the area ? I don't see a problem at all with writing in the rental agreement that no work could be done on the Sabbath on the property. In Exodus 20:10 it says that no one within our gates is to work on Sabbath. The pastor said that  as SDAs we tend to major in minors and minor with majors. In my mind verse 10 is clear enough.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.