Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--78--Calvary  (Read 9894 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--78--Calvary
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 07:55:04 AM »
Amen and amen! What love! Our heavenly father separated His beams of light and love from His innocence Son. Amid that awful darkness Christ walked alone. Where was God? He was beside His Son. By faith Christ was the victor. So too, we must walk by faith. We are not alone, Christ is with us, even in our hearts if we give them fully to Him.

And how can we have this great faith? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up. Christ was lifted up that we might look and live! He was made sin for us. What love! It Is by beholding that we become transformed in character. When we Behold our savior suffering and bleeding on the cross for our sins, it is by His stripes that we are healed.

As Brother Jim has pleaded, we urge you to spend a thoughtful hour each morning with us beholding the Son of God uplifted on the cross, and by beholding become a new creature in Christ Jesus. When we give the whole heart to Him who gave everything for us, the Holy Spirit will take possession of the heart, and He will bring with Him every one of the fruits of the Spirit, not one will be missing. Love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance will be seen in the life of all who love Jesus supremely.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 05:43:17 AM »
The spotless Son of God hung upon the cross, His flesh lacerated with stripes; those hands so often reached out in blessing, nailed to the wooden bars; those feet so tireless on ministries of love, spiked to the tree; that royal head pierced by the crown of thorns; those quivering lips shaped to the cry of woe. And all that He endured--the blood drops that flowed from His head, His hands, His feet, the agony that racked His frame, and the unutterable anguish that filled His soul at the hiding of His Father's face--speaks to each child of humanity, declaring, It is for thee that the Son of God consents to bear this burden of guilt; for thee He spoils the domain of death, and opens the gates of Paradise. He who stilled the angry waves and walked the foam-capped billows, who made devils tremble and disease flee, who opened blind eyes and called forth the dead to life,--offers Himself upon the cross as a sacrifice, and this from love to thee.
He, the Sin Bearer, endures the wrath of divine justice, and for thy sake becomes sin itself.

There is not much one can add to this, other than... Praise the Lord for His Goodness & Mercy!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 05:59:40 AM »
"The spotless Son of God hung upon the cross, His flesh lacerated with stripes; those hands so often reached out in blessing, nailed to the wooden bars; those feet so tireless on ministries of love, spiked to the tree; that royal head pierced by the crown of thorns; those quivering lips shaped to the cry of woe. And all that He endured--the blood drops that flowed from His head, His hands, His feet, the agony that racked His frame, and the unutterable anguish that filled His soul at the hiding of His Father's face--speaks to each child of humanity, declaring, It is for thee that the Son of God consents to bear this burden of guilt; for thee He spoils the domain of death, and opens the gates of Paradise. He who stilled the angry waves and walked the foam-capped billows, who made devils tremble and disease flee, who opened blind eyes and called forth the dead to life,--offers Himself upon the cross as a sacrifice, and this from love to thee. He, the Sin Bearer, endures the wrath of divine justice, and for thy sake becomes sin itself."

It is very difficult to gaze upon this scene and not be crushed with the realization of what Jesus went through for me. At the same time my heart is filled with amazement, awe and overwhelming gratitude. No wonder we are counseled to spend a 'thoughtful hour each day' especially in the closing scenes of Jesus' life. It will do one of two things. Harden the heart that refuses to surrender or the scene will melt it and draw us into full submission. It is our choice.   
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »
Amen Dorine and Jim. What a God we serve! As we behold his suffering, it would be good for the church to understand that this is what transforms sinners into saints! For it is by his stripes, that we are healed! "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." 2 Peter 2:24. And more pointedly "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5.

There is something we must do to  be saved. We must feed upon Jesus. He is the Bread of Life which came down from heaven. By beholding His glory, His character, we are changed into the same image (character) by the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 3:18). By beholding the wonderful grace, we are saved every single day!!

How hard is it to be saved? How long does it take to be converted? It is the end of a long protracted process, but in today's reading we are given a record of one who being executed for his crimes, beheld the sufferings of Christ and was converted while he hung upon the cross. He gave his whole heart to Christ as the suffering of Jesus was understood to be that Lamb that must suffer and die for his sins.

When condemned for his crime, the thief had become hopeless and despairing; but strange, tender thoughts now spring up. He calls to mind all he has heard of Jesus, how He has healed the sick and pardoned sin. He has heard the words of those who believed in Jesus and followed Him weeping. He has seen and read the title above the Saviour's head. He has heard the passers-by repeat it, some with grieved, quivering lips, others with jesting and mockery. The Holy Spirit illuminates his mind, and little by little the chain of evidence is joined together. In Jesus, bruised, mocked, and hanging upon the cross, he sees the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Hope is mingled with anguish in his voice as the helpless, dying soul casts himself upon a dying Saviour. "Lord, remember me," he cries, "when Thou comest into Thy kingdom."
     Quickly the answer came. Soft and melodious the tone, full of love, compassion, and power the words: Verily I say unto thee today, Thou shalt be with Me in paradise.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 06:05:21 AM »
Jim I had not read your quote before posting mine. The Holy Spirit impressed us with the same thoughts this morning.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 06:34:27 AM »
As I behold Jesus' crucifixion, I am brought to an Eden experience--the bliss of knowing my sins are forgiven and I have access to heaven through His imputed and imparted righteousness! I love Jesus! What a Savior!

"That He might sanctify the people with His own blood," Christ "suffered without the gate." Hebrews 13:12. For transgression of the law of God, Adam and Eve were banished from Eden. Christ, our substitute, was to suffer without the boundaries of Jerusalem. He died outside the gate, where felons and murderers were executed. Full of significance are the words, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us." Galatians 3:13.   {The Desire of Ages, page 741, paragraph 2}

By beholding His sacrifice we can be restored to Eden--and that is why Jesus came--because of love, infinite love!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 05:35:48 AM »
Are you facing darkness, trials, and perplexities? Does it seem that the circumstances around you are looming larger than God's grace and power to carry you through? Then look to Calvary; look to the faith of Jesus, who, though seemingly forsaken because of our sins, yet trusted in the character of His Father. As we acquaint now ourselves with Him that we may have peace, the trials and difficulties of life need not shake the faith of Jesus experience that God gives us as we praise Him for His character, and in submission of our whole heart to Him are sustained by the divine nature.

"Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father's acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father's favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor." {The Desire of Ages, page 756, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 07:55:19 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. What love!

By His stripes are we healed. It would be good to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating what we have been given here. These are the last scenes in our Savior's earthly life. Grace is pouring out from these pages which reveal His great suffering that did in fact break His heart. He feared He would be eternally separated from His Father. What suffering He endured because of my sins! And, so much pain for our heavenly Father as He watched His innocent Son suffer such pain.

Satan with his fierce temptations wrung the heart of Jesus. The Saviour could not see through the portals of the tomb. Hope did not present to Him His coming forth from the grave a conqueror, or tell Him of the Father's acceptance of the sacrifice. He feared that sin was so offensive to God that Their separation was to be eternal. Christ felt the anguish which the sinner will feel when mercy shall no longer plead for the guilty race. It was the sense of sin, bringing the Father's wrath upon Him as man's substitute, that made the cup He drank so bitter, and broke the heart of the Son of God.

Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth! Herein is love revealed.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2018, 03:46:56 AM »
The victory of Jesus on the cross was by faith. The victory in our lives through the Holy Spirit comes as we behold and experientially surrender fully to the love of God the Father in how He gave Jesus to save us. We are not to look to circumstances or to feelings, but to the word of God as it is in Jesus. The faith of Jesus is most strikingly revealed at Calvary. Here I look; here I live. Will you join me in this blessed experience of character transformation? The fruit of knowing His character in a full-heart surrender is that all the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing, even under the most trying and difficult circumstances. What a Savior we have!

"Suddenly the gloom lifted from the cross, and in clear, trumpetlike tones, that seemed to resound throughout creation, Jesus cried, 'It is finished.' 'Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.' A light encircled the cross, and the face of the Saviour shone with a glory like the sun. He then bowed His head upon His breast, and died." {The Desire of Ages, page 756, paragraph 2} 
     "Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father's acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father's favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor." {The Desire of Ages, page 756, paragraph 3}

Dorine

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2018, 07:56:41 AM »
"The spotless Son of God hung upon the cross, His flesh lacerated with stripes; those hands so often reached out in blessing, nailed to the wooden bars; those feet so tireless on ministries of love, spiked to the tree; that royal head pierced by the crown of thorns; those quivering lips shaped to the cry of woe. And all that He endured--the blood drops that flowed from His head, His hands, His feet, the agony that racked His frame, and the unutterable anguish that filled His soul at the hiding of His Father's face--speaks to each child of humanity, declaring, It is for thee that the Son of God consents to bear this burden of guilt; for thee He spoils the domain of death, and opens the gates of Paradise. He who stilled the angry waves and walked the foam-capped billows, who made devils tremble and disease flee, who opened blind eyes and called forth the dead to life,--offers Himself upon the cross as a sacrifice, and this from love to thee."

He went through all this for me, for you. May these words keep us grounded in love and truth, going forward, never looking back (except to remember how God has led us) because He went to the cross with all it's agony so that we may live with Him through out eternity. May we hold tight to His promises committing our lives daily to Him. I love to imagine what life with Jesus will be like for eternity. All earthly distractions are hidden and troubles seem so small. That's one reason it is so important to keep the scenes of Calvary always before us.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2018, 02:05:00 AM »
Uncomplaining, joyful cross bearing. This is what we see in Jesus as He goes to Calvary to bear our sin, and for our sake to become sin itself so we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. As I mediate afresh upon the sacrifice of Christ this morning, I am grateful that today is "Thanksgiving Day," and that in all truth, there could be nothing more important to thank God for--the offering up of His only begotten Son, that to save us from death came to our dark world and would bear our guilt to we may become like Him in mind and character and enjoy an eternity of bliss with Him. No language can fully express how grateful I am to God for what Jesus has done for me. Recently He spared my life as I was in a car accident on November 13 in Nisula, Michigan as, from collision with a deer, the car God gave me was totaled. But God provided another car--and I am reminded afresh that every blessing even in this life comes to us stamped with the cross of Christ.

"The Saviour made no murmur of complaint. His face remained calm and serene, but great drops of sweat stood upon His brow. There was no pitying hand to wipe the death dew from His face, nor words of sympathy and unchanging fidelity to stay His human heart. While the soldiers were doing their fearful work, Jesus prayed for His enemies, 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.' His mind passed from His own suffering to the sin of His persecutors, and the terrible retribution that would be theirs. No curses were called down upon the soldiers who were handling Him so roughly. No vengeance was invoked upon the priests and rulers, who were gloating over the accomplishment of their purpose. Christ pitied them in their ignorance and guilt. He breathed only a plea for their forgiveness,--'for they know not what they do.'" {The Desire of Ages, gape 744, paragraph 4}

Dorine

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2018, 05:22:46 AM »
"Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father's acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father's favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor."

"By faith, Christ was victor." The importance of this truth deeply touched me this morning. If we are not by faith living in daily commitment to Christ now how will we ever have the faith that will hold firm to Him when we are faced with challenges beyond our control? As I gazed again on the beaten body of my Saviour I was overwhelmed with the thought that my sins put Him there.

Thank you Father for sending your precious Son to come and suffer and die that I with the whole world may have eternal life if we so choose. Your love is beyond comprehension.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2018, 06:54:09 AM »
Amen! my friends. This morning as I read this chapter I thought what an appropriate day for this chapter to land on. Dorine's prayer echos my thoughts this morning.

Salvation for the chief of sinners was His theme.

For us here in the US today is Thanksgiving Day. How can we be ungrateful when when Christ's theme was the salvation of sinners??? Not only sinners but the chief of sinners. Where would we be without Him?
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 03:10:38 AM »
I love the contrast. Amid the confusion about the cross and in the temple when Jesus dies is the most unchangeable, sure way opened to us as sinful erring beings who need continually a Savior in order to do any good thing, whose grace has the power to make and keep us saints persevered unto His eternal glory! As I have spent this wonderful morning beholding Jesus' loveliness (my favorite thing to do), I am encouraged to walk in joy and praise to God continually, and prayerfully not let any of Satan's darts keep me from a constant union and communion with Him whose love for me, you, and every soul is infinite!! As we enjoy such union and communion with Christ (the imputed and imparted righteousness of Him whom our souls adore), we experience all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in our lives--fruits that will only become more fragrant and abundant as He ripens us for His eternal glory--the glory of the cross!!

"All is terror and confusion. The priest is about to slay the victim; but the knife drops from his nerveless hand, and the lamb escapes. Type has met antitype in the death of God's Son. The great sacrifice has been made. The way into the holiest is laid open. A new and living way is prepared for all. No longer need sinful, sorrowing humanity await the coming of the high priest. Henceforth the Saviour was to officiate as priest and advocate in the heaven of heavens. It was as if a living voice had spoken to the worshipers: There is now an end to all sacrifices and offerings for sin. The Son of God is come according to His word, 'Lo, I come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me,) to do Thy will, O God.' 'By His own blood' He entereth 'in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.' Hebrews 10:7; 9:12." {The Desire of Ages, page 757, paragraph 1}

What more can I ask for? What love! What grace! I know what to ask for! I pray that more souls will join in beholding this miracle-working revelation of loving grace that has the power to change sinners into saints and make us missionaries for Him to find more souls to bring to the foot of the cross! May you and I be just such missionaries today!! We have a story to tell of the Father's infinite love in giving His Son to die for us, of Jesus' loving sacrifice to atone for our sins, and of the Holy Spirit's constant wooing to draw us to behold this incredible sacrifice and stamp the divine nature upon our hearts and minds, enabling us to live above the clamors of our fallen nature, and making us ready for heaven, for we have heaven in our hearts!! 

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2019, 06:16:08 AM »
They may strip from Him His raiment, and quarrel over its division. But they cannot rob Him of His power to forgive sins. In dying He bears testimony to His own divinity and to the glory of the Father. His ear is not heavy that it cannot hear, neither His arm shortened that it cannot save. It is His royal right to save unto the uttermost all who come unto God by Him.

There is just something about that statement "It is His royal right to save...." that just seems so powerful and wonderful and merciful. Praise God for His mercies!

Not only to the uttermost but maybe some of them will be 11th hour workers like the thief on the cross!

Beacon

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
Suddenly the gloom lifted from the cross, and in clear, trumpet like tones, that seemed to resound throughout creation, Jesus cried, "It is finished." "Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit." A light encircled the cross, and the face of the Saviour shone with a glory like the sun. He then bowed His head upon His breast, and died.

"Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father's acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father's favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor. "

By " FAITH ALONE " , in and through the sacrifice of Jesus we who come to Him and and surrender our lives to Him, may also become partakers of His Love, Forgiveness and Grace and thereby will be able to spend eternity with Him through out the ceaseless ages of eternity.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT SACRIFICE SO THAT WE MAY BE SAVED 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2019, 10:02:08 AM »
  "Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father's acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father's favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor."

How does one describe the affect this scene has on the heart? If we immerse our minds into what is taking place we get a small glimpse of what Jesus is experiencing.  Because Jesus knew the depths of His Father's love, mercy and justice, Jesus by faith, still trusted in His Father's will no matter how bad the circumstances were.

We will never have to experience the same ordeal that Jesus did but by our daily obedience and faith in Him we will also be given the victory over every temptation. We will be given the strength required at the time it is most needed. I rejoice today to be reminded of the worth God has place in me. After reading this chapter there should not be any doubts about that in anyone's mind.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
Amen, dear Sister Dorine. Day by day we are better understanding how much God loves us and how much the godhead suffered so that we would know it. Jesus did not fully understand what was happening when He hung on the cross. Listen to what Jesus had to consider: "With the issues of the conflict before Him, Christ's soul was filled with dread of separation from God. Satan told Him that if He became the surety for a sinful world, the separation would be eternal. He would be identified with Satan's kingdom, and would nevermore be one with God." From the chapter Gethsemane.

And on the cross He did not why His Father had left Him alone.

At the ninth hour the darkness lifted from the people, but still enveloped the Saviour. It was a symbol of the agony and horror that weighed upon His heart. No eye could pierce the gloom that surrounded the cross, and none could penetrate the deeper gloom that enshrouded the suffering soul of Christ. The angry lightnings seemed to be hurled at Him as He hung upon the cross. Then "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Such pain! Imagine how His Father felt! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth! Herein we see how much our God loves us!!

Beacon

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
"When condemned for his crime, the thief on the cross became hopeless and despairing; but strange, tender thoughts now spring up. He calls to mind all he has heard of Jesus, how He has healed the sick and pardoned sin. He has heard the words of those who believed in Jesus and followed Him weeping. He has seen and read the title above the Saviour's head. He has heard the passers-by repeat it, some with grieved, quivering lips, others with jesting and mockery. The Holy Spirit illuminates his mind, and little by little the chain of evidence is joined together."

Did you notice..."He has heard the words of those who believed in Jesus" They were sharing their faith about Jesus who healed the sick and pardoned sinners.!! They may never know until eternity dawns that by sharing their testimony about Jesus they were influencing the mind of this criminal who was dying along side of Jesus and it gave him enough courage to reach out to Jesus to forgive him and remember him when He came into His kingdom. Jesus immediately responds with a promise of Forgiveness & Eternal Life. How thrilling for both the thief and for Jesus. How strengthening and reaffirming for Jesus that because of His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary that day there would be one more in His future kingdom.

"In Jesus, bruised, mocked, and hanging upon the , he sees the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Hope is mingled with anguish in his voice as the helpless, dying soul casts himself upon a dying Saviour. "Lord, remember me," he cries, "when Thou comest into Thy kingdom." Quickly the answer came. Soft and melodious the tone, full of love, compassion, and power the words: Verily I say unto thee today, Thou shalt be with Me in paradise."

Lord, help us all to be willing to share with others " THE BLESSED HOPE " That burns within our hearts - We may never know who else might be listening and make a life changing decision like the thief on the cross,  to follow Jesus. Would it not be thrilling to have someone come up to you and say..." I'm here because of you and you were not even aware that you had impacted their life for Jesus!
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:37 AM »
"The Saviour made no murmur of complaint. His face remained calm and serene, but great drops of sweat stood upon His brow. There was no pitying hand to wipe the death dew from His face, nor words of sympathy and unchanging fidelity to stay His human heart. While the soldiers were doing their fearful work, Jesus prayed for His enemies, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." His mind passed from His own suffering to the sin of His persecutors, and the terrible retribution that would be theirs. No curses were called down upon the soldiers who were handling Him so roughly. No vengeance was invoked upon the priests and rulers, who were gloating over the accomplishment of their purpose. Christ pitied them in their ignorance and guilt. He breathed only a plea for their forgiveness,--"for they know not what they do." "

I take such courage from these words. When we are assailed by temptations and persecution we too will respond as Jesus did but only if we are connected completely to Jesus. There is not one ounce of strength within us to endure such treatment. Our sympathies go out to His physical suffering but what was it that broke His heart to the point He hardly felt the physical pain?

What about today as we face the smaller trials of every day living. Do we confront them with Jesus reigning in the heart or in our own strength? Jesus is reaching out to carry the burdens we can not in our humanity carry. Why then do we so often try? We know it leads to utter frustration and failure. May we keep our eyes on Jesus depending totally upon His strength and power to guide us through each day. May we freely and joyfully fully surrender our lives to Him today. He is our Rock and our Salvation.