Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--72--In Rememberance of Me  (Read 20794 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--72--In Rememberance of Me
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:17 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. We who are repentant are brought to our knees as we contemplate the sufferings of Christ. Then Jesus lifts us up and we are filled with great joy. But, sadly, as it was in Israel, the suffering Lamb is seen as a ritual without understanding it is a symbol of God's great grace. Today's reading makes it so clear that none who have spiritual discernment need be ignorant of the constraining power of Christ's love revealed by the uplifted Savior. By beholding Jesus upon the cross we are transformed from sinner to saint. We become partakers of Christ's divine nature, we are bound up with Christ and our heavenly Father. We are filled with the Holy Spirit and manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit. Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.

Pride cannot exist in the heart of all who "keep fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary."  There is a false teaching that allows salvation to those who still have pride in their hearts. They do not understand that grace cleanses the heart from all selfishness and pride. "He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character," not only when at the end the 144,000 are sealed, but today when by beholding the loveliness of Christ hanging on the cross, he is transformed into His image by the Spirit of God (2 Cor. 3:18). All of the fruits of the Spirit are given at conversion to all who love Jesus supremely, not just the 144,000. Be warned about those who come teaching otherwise, no matter who they are, and how much truth they mingle in with their false gospel that allows unknown pride to remain in the heart of the converted Christian.

We wonder who so many have no spiritual discernment. It is because of the significant deceptions in the church that allow professing church members to believe they are converted when in fact they are not. In today's reading is another truth that reveals those who claim they have been given "new light" on the feast days are sadly deceived also.

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages.

Here we are clearly told that is was not only the sacrifices, but the "festivals" of the Jews that were to pass away.  Festivals are the feast days that so many today claim to be obligatory. We who are beholding Jesus uplifted upon the cross, are constrained by this love to love as He loves. That all would understand the power of grace to constrain behavior to be in line with what we know of Christ and His ways. More than this, as partakers of God's divine nature while living in fallen flesh we manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit. What a miracle!! The greatest of all miracles!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »
"These are the things we are never to forget. The love of Jesus, with its constraining power, is to be kept fresh in our memory. Christ has instituted this service that it may speak to our senses of the love of God that has been expressed in our behalf. There can be no union between our souls and God except through Christ. The union and love between brother and brother must be cemented and rendered eternal by the love of Jesus. And nothing less than the death of Christ could make His love efficacious for us. It is only because of His death that we can look with joy to His second coming. His sacrifice is the center of our hope. Upon this we must fix our faith."

What an uplifting chapter. Each time I read it I have a deeper understanding and appreciation of what my Jesus has done for me. I love to reflect on His life and the supernatural change of heart that happens when we respond in surrender to His love. Love begets love is very true and we will live our lives by trusting and obeying every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »
"Wonderful had been the long-suffering of Jesus in His dealing with this tempted soul. Nothing that could be done to save Judas had been left undone. After he had twice covenanted to betray his Lord, Jesus still gave him opportunity for repentance. By reading the secret purpose of the traitor's heart, Christ gave to Judas the final, convincing evidence of His divinity. Though Jesus knew Judas from the beginning, He washed his feet. And the betrayer was privileged to unite with Christ in partaking of the sacrament. A long-suffering Saviour held out every inducement for the sinner to receive Him, to repent, and to be cleansed from the defilement of sin. This example is for us. "

"When we suppose one to be in error and sin, we are not to divorce ourselves from him. By no careless separation are we to leave him a prey to temptation, or drive him upon Satan's battleground. This is not Christ's method. It was because the disciples were erring and faulty that He washed their feet, and all but one of the twelve were thus brought to repentance. This was to the false disciple the last call to repentance. No appeal that the divine-human heart of Christ could make had been spared. The waves of mercy, beaten back by stubborn pride, returned in a stronger tide of subduing love. But although surprised and alarmed at the discovery of his guilt, Judas became only the more determined. From the sacramental supper he went out to complete the work of betrayal."[/b][/u]
[/color]
The Scripture says in the gospel of John 13:30 - That when Judas went out " It Was Night " further study indicates that Judas had crossed the line of final appeal to mercy and forgiveness from Jesus. The last opportunity to confess his sin in the betrayal of Jesus was forever sealed and  shortly after he committed suicide. What a sad ending to one who could have been a powerful force for good in the early Christian Church. We must ask ourselves " Are we willing to surrender ALL TO JESUS??. Or are we like Judas??
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 07:01:28 AM »
Amen, Beacon!

As we turn our eyes upon Jesus and behold His infinite sacrifice upon Calvary, a transformation takes place in our characters that is nothing short of a miracle of His grace!

"Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary." {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 1}

May we remember the great love wherewith God has loved us in Christ--and let the sacred and living thoughts and emotions awakened by Calvary flow through our souls!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 07:24:16 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. There is a false teaching very prominent in the church that allows for pride to remain in the heart of a converted Christian. But here we read that pride cannot be in a heart of one who beholds Christ upon the cross. Over and over again we read that by beholding the love of God we are converted, transformed in nature. The Lord's Supper was given to us that we might remember what God has done for us. That we might behold Him uplifted upon the cross.

The ordinances that point to our Lord's humiliation and suffering are regarded too much as a form. They were instituted for a purpose. Our senses need to be quickened to lay hold of the mystery of godliness. It is the privilege of all to comprehend, far more than we do, the expiatory sufferings of Christ. "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," even so has the Son of man been lifted up, "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:14, 15. To the cross of Calvary, bearing a dying Saviour, we must look. Our eternal interests demand that we show faith in Christ.   

The communion service points us to His broken body and spilled blood. We comprehend the how great is His love for us. How can there  be pride in the heart of one who beholds such love! The heart is purified by this revelation of grace. How very sad that so many professing Christians miss this, the foundation of our faith.

He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »
"Though Jesus knew Judas from the beginning, He washed his feet. And the betrayer was privileged to unite with Christ in partaking of the sacrament. A long-suffering Saviour held out every inducement for the sinner to receive Him, to repent, and to be cleansed from the defilement of sin. This example is for us. When we suppose one to be in error and sin, we are not to divorce ourselves from him. By no careless separation are we to leave him a prey to temptation, or drive him upon Satan's battleground. This is not Christ's method. It was because the disciples were erring and faulty that He washed their feet, and all but one of the twelve were thus brought to repentance."

There is such a strong message in this paragraph. I have been guilty in the past of doing the very thing we are told we should never do. Jesus sets before us a beautiful example of true love for the erring. Who do we think we are if we separate ourselves from those that are battling with the enemy. Haven't we been in the very same position ourselves? Jesus held out the same opportunity for Judas as He did for the rest of the disciples but having refused Jesus' invitation Judas separated himself from the source of life whereas the 11 disciples saw their great need and repented.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

As we feel our great need of transformation in our characters, we can surrender fully to Him and rejoice in Christ's power to make us moment-by-moment what He wants us to be (an ever-deepening repentance and growth in how all of the fruits of the Spirit are manifest in our lives without one missing). As by grace through faith we keep growing in Him to be reflectors of His infinite loveliness, others will be drawn to Christ. Abiding in Christ, the Communion service gives us such an experiential hope in the soon coming of Jesus the second time in power and glory, when we will partake with Him at the supper He has prepared for us!

"The Communion service points to Christ's second coming. It was designed to keep this hope vivid in the minds of the disciples. Whenever they met together to commemorate His death, they recounted how 'He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; for this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.' In their tribulation they found comfort in the hope of their Lord's return. Unspeakably precious to them was the thought, 'As often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till He come.' 1 Corinthians 11:26." {The Desire of Ages, page 659, paragraph 3}

All the troubles, struggles, and experiences of life pale in comparison to the exceeding weight of eternal glory of being sons and daughters with God in an eternal ministry to reflect His character to the universe! Jesus is coming again very soon--once He has fully prepared a ripe crop of co-laborers to reflect Him in mind and character to be safely sent out to reveal Him in the sinless realms of glory! What a promise: "What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time" (Nahum 1:9)!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2019, 12:23:22 PM »
" "Looking"-- upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary. " 

"He who "beholds" the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said,"... "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14.

1 John 3:1 "Behold", -- what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. It is in " BEHOLDING JESUS " That we become changed!! No wonder the devil has invented so many WORLDLY DISTRACTIONS. We must make sure, very sure, that we do not let ANYTHING take us away from our time with Jesus!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon! I too was impressed with this truth. Over and again we are told that it is by beholding Jesus that we are transformed in character (nature).  I especially appreciated this aspect: "....the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary. "    Think about what is said. "living and sacred emotions in our hearts."

Beacon

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
"He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said,... "

God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.' Galatians 6:14.

"It is by receiving the life for us poured out on Calvary's cross, that we can live the life of holiness. And this life we receive by receiving His word, by doing those things which He has commanded. Thus we become one with Him. "He that eateth My flesh," He says, "and drinketh My blood, dwelleth in Me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth Me, even he shall live by Me." John 6:54, 56, 57. To the holy Communion this scripture in a special sense applies. As faith contemplates our Lord's great sacrifice, the soul assimilates the spiritual life of Christ. That soul will receive spiritual strength from every Communion. The service forms a living connection by which the believer is bound up with Christ, and thus bound up with the Father. In a special sense it forms a connection between dependent human beings and God." 

To be more like Jesus,,,to grow in grace with love and forgiveness towards others &, to be willing to exemplify by my life and love for others what the transforming  power of God's Amazing Grace can do if we are willing to surrender to Him. That is my desire, how about YOU? 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2019, 02:27:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Beholding the exceeding loveliness of Jesus is my most earnest desire! By beholding His goodness, experiencing His love, the heart and mind are renewed by divine grace and imbued with the Holy Spirit! What wondrous love is this, O my soul, that Christ would leave heaven to save a wretch like me! Let us allow Calvary to be all God intended to us—the impetus for all that He desires to do in and through us!

“Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary.” {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 2}

Only Jesus can cleanse our souls from the selfishness so natural to the fallen nature we were born with. We receive a new moral birth as we behold Christ’s sacrifice for us on Calvary and believe with our whole heart that He has power to crucify our old, fallen nature and implant a new, supernatural nature—the divine nature that is manifest in willing obedience to all of God’s commandments accompanied by all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--72--In Remembrance of Me
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2019, 05:25:34 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. How can we not comment on this paragraph, for it is the only way we can be saved. Yesterday's reading presented the same, did it not?  The footwashing was to convert unrepentant sinners. All were converted, reconverted, except for Judas. It is grace that saves, transforms. And the sacramental service, what of it? If we are to be converted, or reconverted with footwashing, then what is the purpose of the Lord's supper? It is for us that we remember what God has done for us.

We have a problem remembering our Lord. After six thousand years of sin, we are in pretty bad shape. Look around, even in the church we have a hard time remembering Jesus. Listen to the conversation at potluck in the church on Sabbath. What do we speak of? Who do we speak of? Do we forget to praise Jesus on His Day?

We need to remember our Lord. The chapter title of today's reading is "In Rembrance of Me." In order to remain in a converted state, we must remember God's grace. Grace is everything to us. It is the power that transforms us continually. Not only must I die daily, I must continue to feed upon Jesus in order to maintain my connection and to grow in grace. Trials will come, they are for our good and God's glory.

The ordinance of the Lord's Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. 

Why does this service help us maintain our connection with Christ?

He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14. 

It is by beholding His grace that we are converted and kept converted. It is an intellectual and a spiritual truth that by beholding we become changed. The mind is like plastic, it is moldable.  The mind gradually adapts itself to the subjects upon which it is allowed to dwell. It becomes assimilated to that which it is accustomed to love and reverence.

It is a Biblical truth that by beholding God's grace we are transformed from sinner unto saint. And, it is the Holy Spirit that reveals to us His glory as we behold Jesus' character, especially as He hung on the cross for our sins. "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2019, 05:43:43 AM »
Brother Beacon understands our continual need of Jesus and the purpose of the sacramental service.

"He that eateth My flesh," He says, "and drinketh My blood, dwelleth in Me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth Me, even he shall live by Me." John 6:54, 56, 57. To the holy Communion this scripture in a special sense applies. As faith contemplates our Lord's great sacrifice, the soul assimilates the spiritual life of Christ. That soul will receive spiritual strength from every Communion. The service forms a living connection by which the believer is bound up with Christ, and thus bound up with the Father. In a special sense it forms a connection between dependent human beings and God."

Amen!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2019, 06:26:34 AM »

Speaking of the communion service......
Christ by the Holy Spirit is there to set the seal to His own ordinance. He is there to convict and soften the heart. Not a look, not a thought of contrition, escapes His notice. For the repentant, brokenhearted one He is waiting. All things are ready for that soul's reception. He who washed the feet of Judas longs to wash every heart from the stain of sin.   

What a message of love and mercy. I truly am blessed this morning as I read again this chapter. My spirit is strengthened and uplifted as I contemplate what Christ has done for each of us and how He notices and is interested in every detail of our lives. There's no other friend like Jesus.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2020, 06:44:07 PM »
"As faith contemplates our Lord's great sacrifice, the soul assimilates the spiritual life of Christ. That soul will receive spiritual strength from every Communion. The service forms a living connection by which the believer is bound up with Christ, and thus bound up with the Father. In a special sense it forms a connection between dependent human beings and God...The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said,"... "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14.

How are we treat those whom we may think to be unworthy when they come to the communion service?

"When we suppose one to be in error and sin, we are not to divorce ourselves from him. By no careless separation are we to leave him a prey to temptation, or drive him upon Satan's battleground. This is not Christ's method. It was because the disciples were erring and faulty that He washed their feet, and all but one of the twelve were thus brought to repentance."[/u][/b][/font][/size][/size]

Why is it so important for us to reflect upon the communion service?

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
Amen brother bacon! It is a well-kept secret that Grace is obtained by beholding the great sacrifice that Christ has made for us.

Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary.   

Indeed, it would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating The Life of Christ, especially the closing scenes.

Dorine

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2020, 08:44:15 AM »
As we receive the bread and wine symbolizing Christ's broken body and spilled blood, we in imagination join in the scene of Communion in the upper chamber. We seem to be passing through the garden consecrated by the agony of Him who bore the sins of the world. We witness the struggle by which our reconciliation with God was obtained. Christ is set forth crucified among us.        

Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary. 

It's a wonderful thing to experience the softening touch of Jesus. We must not only look but we must take in the scene of suffering and self sacrifice hanging on the cross for you and me. I've done nothing to deserve His kindness. I've done everything to deserve the treatment He went through. But praise God for the service He left for us to follow symbolizing His broken body and spilled blood that we may be reminded of the magnanimous love of Jesus and remain connected to Him moment by moment, day by day.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2020, 08:51:50 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Sister Dorine!

What wondrous love we find in Christ!! What strength we may find in our trials as we keep our focus on Jesus!

"Our Lord says, Under conviction of sin, remember that I died for you. When oppressed and persecuted and afflicted for My sake and the gospel's, remember My love, so great that for you I gave My life. When your duties appear stern and severe, and your burdens too heavy to bear, remember that for your sake I endured the cross, despising the shame. When your heart shrinks from the trying ordeal, remember that your Redeemer liveth to make intercession for you." {The Desire of Ages, page 659, paragraph 2}

Remembering how much Jesus went through for us is really strengthening to our faith. God gives us grace to bear each trial, for He has promised: "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13). Let us abide in Jesus today!   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:50 AM »
Happy Sabbath!! May God bless you with a fresh experience in beholding the loveliness of Jesus! By beholding Him we become changed as we surrender our fallen, sinful hearts in exchange for the new heart He gives us that, renewed by divine grace, partakes of the divine nature and becomes imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing! What wondrous love is this that God the Father would send His Son to die for us, and give us His Spirit to transform us into His very image!! Hallelujah!!

"Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary." {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 2}   
     "He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, 'God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.' Galatians 6:14." {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 3}   

Let us ever keep our focus on Jesus Christ and Him crucified, seeing that the Bible is a revelation of His love and invites us continually to enjoy union and communion with God by faith working by love!!

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2020, 06:53:50 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. I  was also impressed with some of the same thoughts
--------------------
"Looking"-- upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary. "

It is in " BEHOLDING JESUS " That we become changed!! No wonder the devil has invented so many WORLDLY DISTRACTIONS. We must make sure, very sure, that we do not let ANYTHING take us away from our time with Jesus!!