Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--70-- "The Least of These My Brethren"  (Read 20304 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--70-- "The Least of These My Brethren"
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 06:18:48 AM »
I appreciate your comments Jim. We need to be able to take the things we read and make them a practical reality in our lives. We live in a time with much suffering, loneliness, sorrow and pain. It's all around us. If we really want to be doing the Lord's we won't have to search far.

I have always wished I could visit the land where Jesus walked but my thoughts have changed since reading this impressive paragraph from our reading today.

"Many feel that it would be a great privilege to visit the scenes of Christ's life on earth, to walk where He trod, to look upon the lake beside which He loved to teach, and the hills and valleys on which His eyes so often rested. But we need not go to Nazareth, to Capernaum, or to Bethany, in order to walk in the steps of Jesus. We shall find His footprints beside the sickbed, in the hovels of poverty, in the crowded alleys of the great city, and in every place where there are human hearts in need of consolation. In doing as Jesus did when on earth, we shall walk in His steps."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 06:46:11 AM »
Amen, Jim! Amen, Dorine!

I can personally testify that having visited Israel in 2012 that I was brought much experientially closer to Christ when I volunteered at the Your Best Pathways to Health event in Phoenix, Arizona in December 2017. Ministering to others is far more intimate of an experience with Christ than is mere geographical connections. I enjoyed the trip to Israel, but ministry is far sweeter!!

Christ lives His life through us to bless others; we partake of His joy. We are to comfort others wherein we have been comforted! Has an elderly person found consolation in experiencing strength in their old age? Then they can find another person who is aged to pray with and encourage! Imagine if every Seventh-day Adventist resident of nursing home facilities ministered to their fellow residents and staff according to their ability! Imagine if every member of our Seventh-day Adventist schools who was converted and baptized did not wait for the school to change everything, but began to be a missionary to their teachers, faculty, and fellow students! When we realize the work that we are specially qualified to do because we are "one of them," then the counsel in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy becomes even clearer experientially. I appreciate this thought, Jim, very much. When we come close to those who share a similar experience, when we give them of that which we have received in Christ, we are entering into the joy of using our talents for eternal purposes!

I love Jesus’ promise: “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me” (Matthew 25:40). Are you willing to find one more soul you can bless for Jesus’ dear sake? In turn, you will be infinitely blessed!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »
Many of them never get involved at church but surely they can visit, help, encourage their "own" (for lack of a better phrase). While it's good a thing for the young to develop relationships with someone on the border of their grave (as Mrs. White phrases it) as it's good for both parties. It's other elderly who can relate to their experiences and understand better what is going on.

I realize that my comments today probably aren't what we normally express here but today's reading gave me a chance to put into words what I've been thinking about for the past few months.

Amen, Jim. They need to be taught how to minister to others and experience the joy of comforting others. Our own experience prepares us to minister to others like us, going through what we have gone through.

This brings to mind what I was impressed with as I read this morning's chapter. As Seventh-day Adventists, we don't half appreciate what it is that we have been given to give to others. Many in America do not want to hear about Jesus. They have seen to often the hypocrisy of those who call themselves Christians. They don't want to listen to something that does not work. But, God has instructed us to minister to the physical needs of others that the door to their hearts may be opened. And, even going further, we have been given great light in an area of great importance that will reach many in the world. Sickness surrounds us. We have millions dying from heart attacks, cancer, stroke, and many other lifestyle diseases.

Often the situation can be reversed and most often prevented. How? By walking in the light we have been given. As I was thinking about the fantastic light that shines upon us, I thought of the hundreds of millions of dollars that is being donated to find a cure for breast cancer. Well.....God gave us the answer over a hundred years ago. For the last 30 years I have been encouraging every one who will listen that eating animals, their milk and eggs, is transferring cancer from them to humans. We do not have to quote Scripture or Ellen White, we have scientific evidence that few have heard of.

Today's reading is a warning to those who do not help others, but enjoy the comfort they themselves have. What will be said about the fact that we were given the light to prevent cancer and told no one? Think of the little ones who are dying from Leukemia and other cancers. Leukemia Virus is in much of the dairy products being fed to them. How very sad. And, no one tells them! We were told over a hundred years ago to teach the people how to prepare healthful food without the use of eggs and milk because SOON there would be no safety in using them because of the increase of disease in the animals? How does God look upon those who have not shared this truth with those in the church and in the world?

In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.
     To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 01:56:32 AM »
Preparation for heaven is really about a heart-and-life change. It is receiving into our souls the very life and character of Christ, which is His unselfish love. This love flows spontaneously from the converted heart that is sanctified by His grace. The old, selfish, carnal thoughts, feelings and ways are dispelled by beholding the exceedingly beautiful loveliness of Jesus' character, and having His love flow out in our hearts to those around us in need. No greater joy can come than in being a channel of His blessings to unite His family in His infinite love!

"Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, 'Love one another, as I have loved you' (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 05:08:41 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. But, this is impossible for man to do....without the Holy Spirit abiding in the heart. It is not good enough to hear the Spirit speaking, we must surrender the whole heart to Christ that the Spirit may take possession of it. Then He comes with great power that we might reveal love to not only those who love us, but to those who despitefully use us. This is the evidence of true conversion. "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." Luke 6:31-36.

When we love God supremely, then we shall be filled with the Holy Ghost and reveal love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance, not one of these shall be missing. When we love Jesus with all the heart, then we shall love those in the world for whom He died.

Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity.
     When we realize that we are workers together with God, His promises will not be spoken with indifference. They will burn in our hearts, and kindle upon our lips. To Moses, when called to minister to an ignorant, undisciplined, and rebellious people, God gave the promise, "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." And He said, "Certainly I will be with thee." Exodus 33:14; 3:12. This promise is to all who labor in Christ's stead for His afflicted and suffering ones. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
"In the great judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.

To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jer. 13:20,21.

We don't often think or speak of the sins of omission but they are just as real and serious as the evil acts committed. Here is spelled out in black and white the seriousness of neglecting our brethren in need.

Forgive me Father for opportunities missed to minister to You in service to others. Open my eyes today to be aware of the needs of others and a heart to respond as if we were attending to our Saviour. Amen.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »
Who is waiting? Jesus or us? We often speak of how we are waiting for Jesus to come--and that is true in a physical sense, but the deeper reason for Christ to still be in heaven's sanctuary ministering as our High Priest is that He is waiting for us to learn of our continual need of Him, to have His character reproduced in our lives. We can have His character as soon as we behold Him and yield completely to Him--and such faith will result in all of the fruits of His Spirit in our lives without one missing because the heart and mind are cleansed by His grace. But that character will be developed more fully each moment as we abide in Him, until the maturation process is complete, and seeing His character in us He will come to take us home to heaven. Let us learn of Him today and not separate from the growth experience He has for us--that we may love the world as He loved it!

"Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, 'Love one another, as I have loved you' (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 3}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 11:58:02 PM »

Amen, Pastor Sean!   Loving others as Jesus loves us is impossible unless we be born again of the Holy Spirit. Then we will not love Jesus with the whole heart, we shall also love those who use us despitefully. "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you." Luke 6:27,28.

I love the truth that one does not have to know the name of Jesus, have a Bible, or met a missionary in order to be filled with the Spirit.

Those whom Christ commends in the judgment may have known little of theology, but they have cherished His principles. Through the influence of the divine Spirit they have been a blessing to those about them. Even among the heathen are those who have cherished the spirit of kindness; before the words of life had fallen upon their ears, they have befriended the missionaries, even ministering to them at the peril of their own lives. Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God. 

Beacon

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »
"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity."

Lord help me to see myself as you see me and not as I see myself.

"When we realize that we are workers together with God, His promises will not be spoken with indifference. They will burn in our hearts, and kindle upon our lips. To Moses, when called to minister to an ignorant, undisciplined, and rebellious people, God gave the promise, "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." And He said, "Certainly I will be with thee." Exodus 33:14; 3:12. This promise is to all who labor in Christ's stead for His afflicted and suffering ones. "
[/b]

Lord, I need a "Total Transformation" to be what you want me to be!! Please fill me with your Spirit

"Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 04:52:15 AM »
Amen, Beacon!

Jesus satisfies. Jesus' ministry flowing through us gives depth, stability, and true loveliness to the character, giving us contentment in any experience in life as long as we are fully surrendered to Him (converted, bearing all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing) and willing to be anything or nothing as His providence shall indicate. Let us walk in the love of Christ and diffuse it to others today!

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 1}

Marelis

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 05:32:44 AM »
All may find something to do. "The poor always ye have with you," (John 12:8 ), Jesus said, and none need feel that there is no place where they can labor for Him. Millions upon millions of human souls ready to perish, bound in chains of ignorance and sin, have never so much as heard of Christ's love for them. Were our condition and theirs to be reversed, what would we desire them to do for us?

There is a work for everyone even if your influence reaches no further than your own family. This brings to mind the elderly and shutin members of our own local churches that need our encouragement. As I was growing up in the church the responsibility of visiting these people seem to always fall on the young people. Especially the pathfinders. I do not begrudge this experience as it was good for me and my own family spent many hours on Sabbath afternoons visiting members stuck in the local VA hospital and their homes. But not long ago a thought came to my mind. It's the elderly who can understand much better what the needs of other elderly and meet them. Many of them never get involved at church but surely they can visit, help, encourage their "own" (for lack of a better phrase). While it's good a thing for the young to develop relationships with someone on the border of their grave (as Mrs. White phrases it) as it's good for both parties. It's other elderly who can relate to their experiences and understand better what is going on.

I realize that my comments today probably aren't what we normally express here but today's reading gave me a chance to put into words what I've been thinking about for the past few months.
You make a good point, JimB. Some elderly folks do care for and minister to other elderly folks. There are so many lonely, hurting and needy people within churches and outside as well and the unspoken question is, Who ought to be visiting them and helping? It ought to be shared but we know that often one or two end up spreading themselves thinly.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Marelis

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 06:37:25 AM »
I appreciate your comments Jim. We need to be able to take the things we read and make them a practical reality in our lives. We live in a time with much suffering, loneliness, sorrow and pain. It's all around us. If we really want to be doing the Lord's we won't have to search far.

I have always wished I could visit the land where Jesus walked but my thoughts have changed since reading this impressive paragraph from our reading today.

"Many feel that it would be a great privilege to visit the scenes of Christ's life on earth, to walk where He trod, to look upon the lake beside which He loved to teach, and the hills and valleys on which His eyes so often rested. But we need not go to Nazareth, to Capernaum, or to Bethany, in order to walk in the steps of Jesus. We shall find His footprints beside the sickbed, in the hovels of poverty, in the crowded alleys of the great city, and in every place where there are human hearts in need of consolation. In doing as Jesus did when on earth, we shall walk in His steps."
It can be overwhelming to think about all the need around us in our neighbourhoods, towns and cities, Dorine. This is a lovely quote from Sr White.

My daughters, 20 and 18, each have beautiful hearts for helping and blessing others. Each girl is different. One connects with the homeless. She sits and reads to them, talks with them and eats with them. She gives the clothing off her own back. I remember when she would go to a slum where she knew a family and would sit and chat with children with their broken toys. How she approached a local high school principal in a rough neighborhood and asked if she might be able to speak with youths who enjoy learning but who were struggling in their adversity. And they let her. The other girl enjoys cleaning for the elderly, giving them company, grooming them. She connects very well with depressed youths and calls them, spends time with them. The mothers of two such youths recently contacted me to tell me that my daughter has been a godsend to their child. 

I was just thinking of my own lovely mother, JimB, who is herself an infirmed shut-in. She can barely walk, barely use her hands, her sparrow body gnarled from arthritis. But she ministers in her own way from the confines of her home. She phones, writes sweet letters to and remembers the birthdays of lonely women the Lord brings her into contact with.

There is something we can each do regardless of our age to diffuse the love of Christ, as Pr Sean put so nicely. The Lord will multiply our five loaves and two fishes. The circle of blessing. We are blessed. We bless. And those we bless go on to bless others.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Dorine

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 07:03:09 AM »
I am once again blessed by the sharing of each one this morning. This is what we need. It is so important.

As I read the following quote I was impressed with the fact that there will be those in the kingdom who never saw a bible, heard a missionary or had any knowledge of Jesus but they obeyed the influence of the Holy Spirit. My heart is filled with happiness as I contemplate this. Jesus gives everyone the opportunity to accept His invitation to do good. This makes me realize how responsible I am for the wealth of truth and information that God has given to me.

"Those whom Christ commends in the judgment may have known little of theology, but they have cherished His principles. Through the influence of the divine Spirit they have been a blessing to those about them. Even among the heathen are those who have cherished the spirit of kindness; before the words of life had fallen upon their ears, they have befriended the missionaries, even ministering to them at the peril of their own lives. Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God."

Beacon

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »
 "When we realize that we are workers together with God, His promises will not be spoken with indifference. They will burn in our hearts, and kindle upon our lips. To Moses, when called to minister to an ignorant, undisciplined, and rebellious people, God gave the promise, "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." And He said, "Certainly I will be with thee." Exodus 33:14; 3:12. This promise is to all who labor in Christ's stead for His afflicted and suffering ones. "

This reminds me that we have a "STRONG NEED" to spend time with Jesus everyday, to drink deeply at the fountain of His saving forgiving power. Power that will transform our selfish self centered human nature into that which God can use to save us and then passing it on, giving back to others the forgiveness and grace and message of hope that we have received. What a grand privilege is ours as co-workers "ambassadors" for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! To follow the One who set such a perfect example for us to follow and promised us the power to do so "IF"  we will just pray..." Not my will Lord, but thy will be done in my life. "  Will you join with me in this quest to bury our sinful self-centered natures and to be filled with the same great love that Jesus had  for " Others" ?
[/b]

"Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts. "

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 05:50:23 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

As we respond to Jesus' invitation to abide in our hearts continually by faith, we experience all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing and come to reflect His character to those around us. We can all have a part in being a blessing through Christ!

"All may find something to do. 'The poor always ye have with you,' (John 12:8), Jesus said, and none need feel that there is no place where they can labor for Him. Millions upon millions of human souls ready to perish, bound in chains of ignorance and sin, have never so much as heard of Christ's love for them. Were our condition and theirs to be reversed, what would we desire them to do for us? All this, so far as lies in our power, we are under the most solemn obligation to do for them. Christ's rule of life, by which every one of us must stand or fall in the judgment, is, 'Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.' Matthew 7:12." {The Desire of Ages, page 640, paragraph 3}

As we realize that so much of illness really begins in the mind, let us also remember to look beyond a person's mere outward surroundings, and realize that there are those whose hearts and minds are oppressed by grief and guilt, and that Jesus wants us to offer the healing balm of love and a listening ear so these souls can find grace to have a mind that is healed and restored. As we pray for divine appointments, Jesus will open the way! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2019, 06:12:40 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! It is why Jesus leaves us in the world, to be a blessing to others.

Power that will transform our selfish self centered human nature into that which God can use to save us and then passing it on, giving back to others the forgiveness and grace and message of hope that we have received.

Amen Brother Beacon!  It is transforming power that we all need daily. This brought my mind to Daniel in whom no fault could be found. Yet, when the holy angel Gabriel appeared to him, he fell on his face in fear (Daniel 8:17). Why? Because Daniel was a fallen sinner like us. Yes, he was repentant and he was perfect in character because of the power that was in Him. By maintaining a full surrender to Christ, he was able to reflect the character of Christ (2 Cor. 3:18). This is what God wants for us each day. He gives us His Spirit and the help of angels.

The angels of heaven are sent forth to minister to those who shall be heirs of salvation. We know not now who they are; it is not yet made manifest who shall overcome, and share the inheritance of the saints in light; but angels of heaven are passing throughout the length and breadth of the earth, seeking to comfort the sorrowing, to protect the imperiled, to win the hearts of men to Christ. Not one is neglected or passed by. God is no respecter of persons, and He has an equal care for all the souls He has created.
     As you open your door to Christ's needy and suffering ones, you are welcoming unseen angels. You invite the companionship of heavenly beings. They bring a sacred atmosphere of joy and peace. They come with praises upon their lips, and an answering strain is heard in heaven. Every deed of mercy makes music there. The Father from His throne numbers the unselfish workers among His most precious treasures. 

Beacon

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »
"When we realize that we are workers together with God, His promises will not be spoken with indifference. They will burn in our hearts, and kindle upon our lips. To Moses, when called to minister to an ignorant, undisciplined, and rebellious people, God gave the promise, "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." And He said, "Certainly I will be with thee." Exodus 33:14; 3:12. This promise is to all who labor in Christ's stead for His afflicted and suffering ones."

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity."

When we realize what these two short paragraphs are saying and put the principles of them into practice in our daily lives, I believe that many of the challenges of UNITY in our churches would disappear because "self" would no longer be our main concern. Let us ask Jesus at the beginning of every day to open our eyes to see the opportunities that pass our way to minister to those we come in contact with as we go about our activities of daily living. The Holy Spirit will then guide, inspire, and make us sensitive to the needs of others as we mingle with our families, the church and the world. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2019, 07:58:03 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon! This chapter ties in nicely with our current Sabbath School lessons.

Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts.
     But "if thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; if thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not He that pondereth the heart consider it? and He that keepeth thy soul, doth not He know it? and shall not He render to every man according to his works?" Proverbs 24:11, 12. In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.
     To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21. 

Today we may be a blessing to others if we are filled with the Holy Spirit. Today, as Jesus is preparing to come, we will find many who are seeking help. Many are seeking truth. The truth has been entrusted to His church. Let us hasten the soon coming of Jesus by sharing the gospel message with those who want it.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2019, 09:22:48 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

What a joy we may have in Christ today as we abide in Him by a living faith surrender, and let Him work out the pattern of life in us that is for His glory--the glory of a character fashioned after the image of Christ!

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 1}

I desire Jesus to minister to me today, so that from what He does in my life flows a living testimony of His grace. As we experience Christ working in and through us, we will find healing love to share with all who need the healing that can come from Christ alone!

Beacon

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »
"In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.

"To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand....
 "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And, "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21.

When we realize what these two short paragraphs are saying and put the principles of them into practice in our daily lives, I believe that many of the challenges of UNITY in our churches would disappear because "self" would no longer be our main concern. Let us ask Jesus at the beginning of every day to open our eyes to see the opportunities that pass our way to minister to those we come in contact with as we go about our activities of daily living. The Holy Spirit will then guide, inspire, and make us sensitive to the needs of others as we mingle with our families, the church and the world.