Author Topic: Can You Be Forcsd to Separate From God?  (Read 1336 times)

Cop

Can You Be Forcsd to Separate From God?
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:19:34 AM »
Could a Magnet Separate You from God?

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day" (John:6:39).

According to the ScienceDaily website, "New research involving a psychologist from the University of York has revealed for the first time that both belief in God and prejudice towards immigrants can be reduced by directing magnetic energy into the brain."

The article goes on to say that the psychologist led a team of researchers from UCLA to "carry out an innovative experiment using transcranial magnetic stimulation, a safe way of temporarily shutting down specific regions of the brain." The findings revealed that "people in whom the targeted brain region was temporarily shut down reported 32.8% less belief in God, angels, or heaven." They also discovered they could use the same technique to turn off a person's patriotism.

The head of the research team noted: "As expected, we found that when we experimentally turned down the posterior medial frontal cortex, people were less inclined to reach for comforting religious ideas despite having been reminded of death."

Dr. Colin Holbrook from UCLA noted that the findings "are very striking" and "consistent with the idea that brain mechanisms that evolved for relatively basic threat-response functions are repurposed to also produce ideological reactions."

Well, I wouldn't worry about strong magnets taking away the faith of those who have put their trust in Jesus. As it says in the Bible, our Savior will not lose even one of His precious saints but will deliver them all to His Father in heaven.

http://www.creationmoments.com/radio/transcripts/could-magnet-separate-y...
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson