Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--62--The Feast at Simon's House  (Read 16613 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--62--The Feast at Simon's House
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 08:45:52 AM »
Amen, Pastor Sean. If we could see a more accurate of who we really are, we would love Jesus more. Why? Because those who have been forgiven much, love much. I saw something so very sad this morning, I had not really noticed before, not the degree I did this morning. The disciples had opportunity to bless Jesus, when they did not. Remember how Jesus longed for human sympathy when in the Garden sweating blood? How very sad! There was another time when the disciples had opportunity, actually there were many, but this time was when Simon and Judas hurt Jesus by hurting Mary. But, when we acknowledge His love for us, we cause His heart to be merry. What was the result of Mary's act of love when she poured out the perfume? At the time of greatest darkness for our Lord, it encouraged Him. Such a thought, that we might encourage our Lord!!

He walked alone when put upon by wicked men. But, there were opportunities to bless Him, and Mary did greatly. May we also return a bit of the love He has for us.

The fragrant gift which Mary had thought to lavish upon the dead body of the Saviour she poured upon His living form. At the burial its sweetness could only have pervaded the tomb; now it gladdened His heart with the assurance of her faith and love. Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus offered not their gift of love to Jesus in His life. With bitter tears they brought their costly spices for His cold, unconscious form. The women who bore spices to the tomb found their errand in vain, for He had risen. But Mary, pouring out her love upon the Saviour while He was conscious of her devotion, was anointing Him for the burial. And as He went down into the darkness of His great trial, He carried with Him the memory of that deed, an earnest of the love that would be His from His redeemed ones forever.   

"as He went down into the darkness of His great trial, He carried with Him the memory of that deed." We do not half understand the results of the actions in our lives, both for good and bad.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 06:08:29 AM »
We have opportunity today to bless Jesus. The last message of warning is going forth today. It is the righteousness of Christ. As we lift up Jesus, we can bless Jesus in the same manner as did Mary when she poured out the ointment that the Holy Spirit moved her to do. The grace of Christ will be seen as to be the power of the Holy Spirit in transforming lives.

The fragrant gift which Mary had thought to lavish upon the dead body of the Saviour she poured upon His living form. At the burial its sweetness could only have pervaded the tomb; now it gladdened His heart with the assurance of her faith and love. Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus offered not their gift of love to Jesus in His life. With bitter tears they brought their costly spices for His cold, unconscious form. The women who bore spices to the tomb found their errand in vain, for He had risen. But Mary, pouring out her love upon the Saviour while He was conscious of her devotion, was anointing Him for the burial. And as He went down into the darkness of His great trial, He carried with Him the memory of that deed, an earnest of the love that would be His from His redeemed ones forever.   

We have opportunity to pour out our love for our Savior.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 07:03:00 AM »
"When to human eyes her case appeared hopeless, Christ saw in Mary capabilities for good. He saw the better traits of her character. The plan of redemption has invested humanity with great possibilities, and in Mary these possibilities were to be realized. Through His grace she became a partaker of the divine nature. The one who had fallen, and whose mind had been a habitation of demons, was brought very near to the Saviour in fellowship and ministry. It was Mary who sat at His feet and learned of Him. It was Mary who poured upon His head the precious anointing oil, and bathed His feet with her tears. Mary stood beside the cross, and followed Him to the sepulcher. Mary was first at the tomb after His resurrection. It was Mary who first proclaimed a risen Saviour.
     Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon all who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration."

Since reading today's chapter my love for my Saviour has deepened.  We see in each person's situation a revelation of God's love. All glory belongs to Him. 

I see in Mary a simple, innocent, childlike faith in Jesus that He needs from each one of us. Like Mary I want to be found where ever Jesus is.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »
Amen, Richard and Dorine! What a privilege we have to behold the loveliness of Jesus and to be able to experience the transformation of character that God's grace wrought in Mary's soul.

"Christ delighted in the earnest desire of Mary to do the will of her Lord. He accepted the wealth of pure affection which His disciples did not, would not, understand. The desire that Mary had to do this service for her Lord was of more value to Christ than all the precious ointment in the world, because it expressed her appreciation of the world's Redeemer. It was the love of Christ that constrained her. The matchless excellence of the character of Christ filled her soul. That ointment was a symbol of the heart of the giver. It was the outward demonstration of a love fed by heavenly streams until it overflowed." {The Desire of Ages, page 564, paragraph 5}

This is why beholding Jesus is so powerful--it will fill our souls and we will overflow with His love toward a world lying in sin and sorrow. Let us remember how much Jesus means to us, let us spend daily this "thoughtful hour" upon His life and the closing scenes of His experience, and we will be made His witnesses!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 04:35:35 AM »
The disciples were not like Judas. They loved the Saviour. But they did not rightly appreciate His exalted character. Had they realized what He had done for them, they would have felt that nothing bestowed upon Him was wasted. The wise men from the East, who knew so little of Jesus, had shown a truer appreciation of the honor due Him. They brought precious gifts to the Saviour, and bowed in homage before Him when He was but a babe, and cradled in a manger. 

How dull and short sighted our minds can be sometimes. I will not pretend to be or say that I'm better than the disciples because I know fully well the long road it has been for Christ to get them this far so I just can't help but wonder if our prayers should include a request to have our eyes, ears, and mind open a little more each day to the true greatness of our Savior. Which is one of the reasons why I enjoy coming to this particular message area.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 04:43:00 AM »
Amen, Jim! We have so much more to grasp, appreciate, and comprehend of our Savior's love! What a blessing it is to behold Jesus' loveliness manifest in saving sinners and transforming them into saints, as He did with Mary!

"Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon all who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration." {The Desire of Ages, page 568, paragraph 3}

Mary was drawn by Christ's love, and her whole soul was transformed. I praise God that "the worse you are, the more you need Jesus." That is where any true strength in the Christian life comes from--realizing our incredible sinfulness and need, we cast ourselves at the feet of Jesus, daily spend this "thoughtful hour" beholding His loveliness, and we are being changed by being made partakers of the divine nature! What a promise! What a blessed experience of character that enables us to go forth to bless others with a living testimony of His matchless grace!! Hallelujah!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »
The thought that comes to my mind as I read this incredible chapter of God's love and mercy is that it's not 'what' we do and say but 'why' we do and say them that is most important.  (I'm not suggesting that what we do and say are not important but we may judge someone unfairly because we do not know the motives of their heart. As a result we could discourage them and chase them from the very source of help they need.)That's why we are told that man looks upon the outward appearance but God looks upon the heart.     

Our reading points this fact out in the lives of Judas, Mary, Simon, and the disciples. Yes Mary's sins were great but God's grace was greater and because of it Mary loved Jesus with a heart that knew no limits. She was by His side to the bitter end. I want that kind of love for my Saviour in all circumstances I find myself in.

Give me a new heart today Lord that I may worship you and live for you in spirit and in truth. Amen.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:27 AM »
Amen, Sister Doreen. Jesus looks upon the heart. He sees the motive of why we do what we do.

Many fail to understand why Jesus dealt with Judas as He did. Yes, He loved Judas, and yes, He bore with him patiently in an effort to save him. But, there is more as to why Jesus did not send him away or did not reprove him openly. We ought to give heed to His wisdom in our dealing with those who are in rebellion.

And though charged with being a thief, Judas would have gained sympathy, even among the disciples. The Saviour reproached him not, and thus avoided giving him an excuse for his treachery. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2018, 03:43:02 AM »
My heart is afresh encouraged by the loveliness of Jesus and how much He cares about me and each of us who are very sinful, and who are very dear to His heart. He came not to condemn, but to save. The more sinful and weak we realize ourselves to be, the more we need Jesus. May our hearts overflow with love for Christ because of His love for us, even as Mary's whole life was transformed by the infinite love of God in Christ.

"Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon all who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration." {The Desire of Ages, page 568, paragraph 3}

I need Jesus very much. But He will give me and each of us courage to overcome our sins, motivated in each moment by His love. His perfect love casts out fear!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 08:39:37 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! The power of God's love, grace, is so very powerful! If we would but behold it each day we would become like Him in character. I especially liked the truth we read in today's chapter, that we may be partakers of God's divine nature. That does not mean we become God, but that in connecting ourselves fully with Christ, we are empowered to do good. We being filled with the Holy Spirit, are filled with His character of love joy and peace! What an opportunity! I also was impressed with the truth that like Mary, we may be a great blessing to others as she was a blessing to Jesus while He lived. Nicodemus and Joseph of did not come forth while He lived. When He hung up on the cross they then came forward and gave much in order that He would be buried properly. We too may today be a blessing to others while they live.

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 04:30:16 AM »
I am encouraged by reading this chapter this morning: God wants to help even those who have been struggling with falling back into their sins, like Mary did. Praise the Lord that she finally got the victory. We must not give up on others whose good intentions seem to be ropes of sand. Praise the Lord that Simon also overcame his judgmental character and became a true, humble disciple of Christ. Seeing him, we might have been tempted to give up hope that he would ever rise above his self-righteousness and have a true conversion. Lastly, there is something we can all do for Jesus: We can give Him the love of His redeemed ones of which Mary's act was a foretaste. We can show Him love and appreciation today.
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 05:19:40 AM »
I am so thankful to read your encouraging post this morning, fellow believer! Yes, conversion is possible for ALL who look unto Jesus and yield the whole heart to Him, as we see in Mary and Simon's case! I am so thankful for HOW God looks on us--with great hope and infinite possibilities through His redeeming grace that transforms us from sinners into saints!

"When to human eyes her case appeared hopeless, Christ saw in Mary capabilities for good. He saw the better traits of her character. The plan of redemption has invested humanity with great possibilities, and in Mary these possibilities were to be realized. Through His grace she became a partaker of the divine nature. The one who had fallen, and whose mind had been a habitation of demons, was brought very near to the Saviour in fellowship and ministry. It was Mary who sat at His feet and learned of Him. It was Mary who poured upon His head the precious anointing oil, and bathed His feet with her tears. Mary stood beside the cross, and followed Him to the sepulcher. Mary was first at the tomb after His resurrection. It was Mary who first proclaimed a risen Saviour." {The Desire of Ages, page 568, paragraph 2}

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 05:25:17 AM »
Amen! Plain Adventist! it's good to have you join us. As you pointed not only did Mary find forgiveness but even Simon the one who lead her down the wrong path in the first place. All who come to Christ can find peace as He can and will save even unto the uttermost.

Simon was touched by the kindness of Jesus in not openly rebuking him before the guests. He had not been treated as he desired Mary to be treated. He saw that Jesus did not wish to expose his guilt to others, but sought by a true statement of the case to convince his mind, and by pitying kindness to subdue his heart. Stern denunciation would have hardened Simon against repentance, but patient admonition convinced him of his error. He saw the magnitude of the debt which he owed his Lord. His pride was humbled, he repented, and the proud Pharisee became a lowly, self-sacrificing disciple.

This reminds me of Aaron in the beginning of the wandering of the Hebrews in the desert. He as a leader looked away from Christ when he made that golden calf so even our leaders who today who seem to bent on the wrong path can turn around and be used of God.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 05:38:05 AM »
I had the same thoughts PA as I read this chapter and I was about to post the very paragraph that Jim just posted. Jesus gave us an example of how to treat those who are struggling with sin. He does all He can to protect their reputation when they least deserve it. I love the last paragraph....

"The souls that turn to Him for refuge, Jesus lifts above the accusing and the strife of tongues. No man or evil angel can impeach these souls. Christ unites them to His own divine-human nature. They stand beside the great Sin Bearer, in the light proceeding from the throne of God. "Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth,. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Rom. 8:33, 34

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 07:00:55 AM »
Lastly, there is something we can all do for Jesus: We can give Him the love of His redeemed ones of which Mary's act was a foretaste. We can show Him love and appreciation today.

Amen Sister Amy! I was impressed with the very same thought. Mary did that which blessed Jesus greatly. What can we do for him today? By beholding His love for us, we are drawn to Him. As we feed upon Jesus our love deepens for Him. We see how very needy we are in order to do any good thing. We are no different from Simon if we do not surrender our carnal hearts daily.

When we have been filled with His grace then we shall want to bless Him as did Mary. What can we do? We can bless others as Jesus blesses us. We can testify to what He has done for us. We can praise His name. We can talk about Him today.

Many there are who bring their precious gifts for the dead. As they stand about the cold, silent form, words of love are freely spoken. Tenderness, appreciation, devotion, all are lavished upon one who sees not nor hears. Had these words been spoken when the weary spirit needed them so much, when the ear could hear and the heart could feel, how precious would have been their fragrance!   

It would be well if we remember this, and take time to express our love before it is too late....even to those who despitefully use us. But, how much more we ought to express our love for Jesus and our heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit.

But few appreciate all that Christ is to them. If they did, the great love of Mary would be expressed, the anointing would be freely bestowed. The expensive ointment would not be called a waste. Nothing would be thought too costly to give for Christ, no self-denial or self-sacrifice too great to be endured for His sake.   

There are times when I feel so very sad as I read of the pain inflicted upon Christ, especially when we see it was within the power of those who love Him to relieve His suffering. One of those times appears in today's reading. "The loneliness of Christ, separated from the heavenly courts, living the life of humanity, was never understood or appreciated by the disciples as it should have been. He was often grieved because His disciples did not give Him that which He should have received from them." Do we understand how much Jesus suffered here on this Earth, out of love for us?

As we study the life and Words of Christ, we are constrained to do all we can to bless Him. We love Him because He first loved us.

Christ delighted in the earnest desire of Mary to do the will of her Lord. He accepted the wealth of pure affection which His disciples did not, would not, understand. The desire that Mary had to do this service for her Lord was of more value to Christ than all the precious ointment in the world, because it expressed her appreciation of the world's Redeemer. It was the love of Christ that constrained her. The matchless excellence of the character of Christ filled her soul. That ointment was a symbol of the heart of the giver. It was the outward demonstration of a love fed by heavenly streams until it overflowed. 

He is worthy of all the love we can give Him! Praise His holy name!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 05:52:06 AM »
How we see people has so much to do with how we can really help them. If we see the way a person acts or struggles and immediately make a judgment in our minds that they are "hopeless" and "not likely to be saved," then we may tend to treat them that way, and actually confirm the accusation of Satan against them (which is totally false!). Jesus has modeled to us, in how He treated Mary Magdalene, the way to help a person who really struggles with sin, mental illness (in her case, demon possession), or any other greatly difficult sinful struggle. Jesus was very patient, but a key in the whole experience was how Jesus inspired her with hope! In Christ's manner of interaction with Mary, it was clear to her that He understood her circumstances, so He was not ready to accuse, but to lift up from despair, depression, and ruin that often comes upon a person when they see and feel so broken and helpless.

I think of how floods of redeeming love surged over and through my soul when I was so utterly broken mentally after my last (and final) fall into a manic phase of bipolar in 2010 (I nearly froze to death in an attempted and not-well-planned move to Nevada, was re-hospitalized and medicated, and in utter brokenness). Realizing the mediations I was on a few weeks after the incident were really causing incredibly horrible side effects, I went off the medication, and at a time when it seemed that the last bit of my sanity was about to leave me, I listened to the incredible words of the hymn "My Song Is Love Unknown," and contemplated that Jesus left heaven to take frail flesh and die to save me--yes, me personally--and tears flowed from my eyes as I was kneeling and melting under the revelation of Jesus' loveliness. The powerful combination of seeing my utter brokenness and sinfulness in the simultaneous experiential realization of Jesus' infinite love was a turning point for me in that end of 2010. "My Song Is Love Unknown" became my favorite hymn, I prayerfully started in 2011 to read the Bible through that year, and started to really apply the principles of NEWSTART (Nutrition, Exercise, Water, Sunshine, Temperance, Air, Rest, and Trust in God's Divine Power). By early 2011, I was restored by Jesus fully from bipolar, never again to go under its manic and depressive control, no longer to need or use drug medication, but was enabled through divine grace to overcome--because of the power of the love of Christ that gave me hope! I share this testimony that all who are suffering in whatever way may turn everything over to Christ, and find healing and hope in Him!

May we surrender fully to Christ this day, that He may, through us, manifest this love--this hopeful, understanding, and patient way of reaching hearts as the Holy Spirit lifts up soul after soul through the beautiful and effective method of Christ!

"Mary had been looked upon as a great sinner, but Christ knew the circumstances that had shaped her life. He might have extinguished every spark of hope in her soul, but He did not. It was He who had lifted her from despair and ruin. Seven times she had heard His rebuke of the demons that controlled her heart and mind. She had heard His strong cries to the Father in her behalf. She knew how offensive is sin to His unsullied purity, and in His strength she had overcome." {The Desire of Ages, page 568, paragraph 1} 

For those of you who may not know the hymn I referenced, may the medication on these beautiful words (and you can sing it, too!) bring you a deeper intimacy with Jesus as you appreciate and experience His love!

My song is love unknown,
  My Savior’s love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
  That they might lovely be.
    O who am I,
    That for my sake
    My Lord should take
    Frail flesh, and die?

He came from His blest throne
  Salvation to bestow;
But men made strange, and none
  The longed-for Christ would know:
    But oh, my Friend,
    My Friend indeed,
    Who at my need
    His life did spend.

Sometimes they strew His way,
  And His sweet praises sing;
Resounding all the day
  Hosannas to their King:
    Then “Crucify!”
    Is all their breath,
    And for His death
    They thirst and cry.

Why, what hath my Lord done?
   What makes this rage and spite?
He made the lame to run,
   He gave the blind their sight.
    Sweet injuries!
    Yet they at these
    Themselves displease,
    and 'gainst Him rise.

They rise and needs will have
  My dear Lord made away;
A murderer they save,
  The Prince of life they slay.
    Yet cheerful He
    To suffering goes,
    That He His foes
    From thence might free.

In life, no house, no home
  My Lord on earth might have;
In death, no friendly tomb,
  But what a stranger gave.
    What may I say?
    Heav’n was His home;
    But mine the tomb
    Wherein He lay.

Here might I stay and sing,
  No story so divine;
Never was love, dear King,
  Never was grief like Thine.
    This is my Friend,
    In whose sweet praise
    I all my days
    Could gladly spend.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2019, 07:03:21 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. It is this knowledge of God that transforms sinners into saints. Grace is more than a word, it is the power that puts self in the grave. Grace touches the heart And this leads to a whole heart surrender to . This is why those who have been forgiven much, love much. It is when I have a correct revelation of Christ, when I see his loveliness, that I have a true standard by which to measure my own character. This is what causes me to fall on my face in Repentance. As unworthy as I am, Jesus still loves me! Every time my mind beholds the righteousness of Christ and the goodness of my heavenly Father, I am brought to repentance.

All who long a for Christian experience may have it. It is the goodness of God that leadeth thee to repentance. As we behold Jesus uplifted on the cross we will see His goodness. It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes. By beholding His glory we are transformed into His image. Sadly, so few appreciate what Christ means to them because they do not really know Him personally.

Oh, if they could have taken back their censuring, their presenting the poor as more worthy of the gift than was Christ! They felt the reproof keenly as they took from the cross the bruised body of their Lord.
     The same want is evident in our world today. But few appreciate all that Christ is to them. If they did, the great love of Mary would be expressed, the anointing would be freely bestowed. The expensive ointment would not be called a waste. Nothing would be thought too costly to give for Christ, no self-denial or self-sacrifice too great to be endured for His sake.   

Beacon

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2019, 10:41:00 AM »
"When to human eyes her case appeared hopeless, Christ saw in Mary capabilities for good. He saw the better traits of her character. The plan of redemption has invested humanity with great possibilities, and in Mary these possibilities were to be realized. Through His grace she became a partaker of the divine nature. The one who had fallen, and whose mind had been a habitation of demons, was brought very near to the Saviour in fellowship and ministry. It was Mary who sat at His feet and learned of Him. It was Mary who poured upon His head the precious anointing oil, and bathed His feet with her tears. Mary stood beside the cross, and followed Him to the sepulcher. Mary was first at the tomb after His resurrection. It was Mary who first proclaimed a risen Saviour."

Lord, Help me to see the better traits of character in those who daily come across my path.

"Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon all who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration. Christ might commission the angels of heaven to pour out the vials of His wrath on our world, to destroy those who are filled with hatred of God. He might wipe this dark spot from His universe. But He does not do this. He is today standing at the altar of incense, presenting before God the prayers of those who desire His help."

Lord, help me today to be willing to have more love and insight, more empathy to those whose are struggling with a sinful nature.

"The souls that turn to Him for refuge, Jesus lifts above the accusing and the strife of tongues. No man or evil angel can impeach these souls. Christ unites them to His own divine-human nature. They stand beside the great Sin Bearer, in the light proceeding from the throne of God. "Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us" Romans 8:33, 34.

When David realized his weak sinful nature he prayed this prayer and I pray that we all may do the same, recognizing "our own need."
Psalm 51:9-11 King James Version (KJV) 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Marelis

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2019, 02:20:29 AM »
Thank you for sharing your powerful testimony, Pr Brizendine. Marvelous story of having been fully restored from bipolar disorder. For this we give thanks and praise.

Yes, Beacon, may we have eyes that see the good traits in others. One of the greatest gifts we can give a person is to like them and to acknowledge that which is good in them. I love the story of Mary Magdalene.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Marelis

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 02:23:02 AM »
Grace is more than a word, it is the power that puts self in the grave. Grace touches the heart And this leads to a whole heart surrender to . This is why those who have been forgiven much, love much.
Beautifully said, Br Myers. Grace is a transforming power.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11