Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--50--Among Snares  (Read 16856 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--50--Among Snares
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 07:43:33 AM »
  "Many are deceived today in the same way as were the Jews. Religious teachers read the Bible in the light of their own understanding and traditions; and the people do not search the Scriptures for themselves, and judge for themselves as to what is truth; but they yield up their judgment, and commit their souls to their leaders. The preaching and teaching of His word is one of the means that God has ordained for diffusing light; but we must bring every man's teaching to the test of Scripture. Whoever will prayerfully study the Bible, desiring to know the truth, that he may obey it, will receive divine enlightenment. He will understand the Scriptures. "If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 7:17, R. V. "

We have history to show us the devastating results of pride and unbelief. God offers us true freedom in Him and promises to protect us from unbelief and error. Either we know God and live by every word that proceeds from His mouth or we listen to the tempter who will buffet us about with every wind of doctrine that is going around. I see and hear the confusion this creates in  many around me and I see the struggle they are having completely trusting in what God says. My heart aches as I see loved ones moving away from truth instead of becoming anchored in it.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 08:17:32 AM »
Amen, Beacon, Richard, and Doreen!

As we realize the character of Christ and the truth He has revealed to us of how He sought us out while we were yet sinners, we can overcome in His grace and actively seek and save the lost with His love in our hearts.

"It is not Christ's follower that, with averted eyes, turns from the erring, leaving them unhindered to pursue their downward course. Those who are forward in accusing others, and zealous in bringing them to justice, are often in their own lives more guilty than they. Men hate the sinner, while they love the sin. Christ hates the sin, but loves the sinner. This will be the spirit of all who follow Him. Christian love is slow to censure, quick to discern penitence, ready to forgive, to encourage, to set the wanderer in the path of holiness, and to stay his feet therein." {The Desire of Ages, page 462, paragraph 4} 

May God's Spirit help us each day to grow more like Jesus as we help others wherein we have been helped and comforted by God.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 08:58:26 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean.  When we are filled with the Holy Spirit we shall want to help others know Jesus.

Whoever will prayerfully study the Bible, desiring to know the truth, that he may obey it, will receive divine enlightenment. He will understand the Scriptures. "If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 7:17, R. V. "

We have history to show us the devastating results of pride and unbelief. God offers us true freedom in Him and promises to protect us from unbelief and error. Either we know God and live by every word that proceeds from His mouth or we listen to the tempter who will buffet us about with every wind of doctrine that is going around. I see and hear the confusion this creates in  many around me and I see the struggle they are having completely trusting in what God says. My heart aches as I see loved ones moving away from truth instead of becoming anchored in it.

Amen Dorine. I am always impressed with this simple truth. If we want to do what God wants us to do, then we shall know the truth. If we do not want to do His will, then why would He continue to give us more light? Spiritual things are spiritually discerned because the heart wants to do God's will.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 07:18:04 PM »
"It is not Christ's follower that, with averted eyes, turns from the erring, leaving them unhindered to pursue their downward course. Those who are forward in accusing others, and zealous in bringing them to justice, are often in their own lives more guilty than they. Men hate the sinner, while they love the sin. Christ hates the sin, but loves the sinner. This will be the spirit of all who follow Him. Christian love is slow to censure, quick to discern penitence, ready to forgive, to encourage, to set the wanderer in the path of holiness, and to stay his feet therein."

Jesus said....Come unto Me all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 When we hear His voice speaking to us through His Word or by one of His messengers of mercy and grace it is the Holy Spirit pleading with us to turn from our sins and experience the joy and peace of a full surrender. Then as we sense our own need of forgiveness and experience the joy of full surrender to Jesus, we in turn should be willing to show love, forgiveness and mercy to others.

"In His act of pardoning this woman and encouraging her to live a better life, the character of Jesus shines forth in the beauty of perfect righteousness. While He does not palliate sin, nor lessen the sense of guilt, He seeks not to condemn, but to save. The world had for this erring woman only contempt and scorn; but Jesus speaks words of comfort and hope. The Sinless One pities the weakness of the sinner, and reaches to her a helping hand. While the hypocritical Pharisees denounce, Jesus bids her, "Go, and sin no more.

OH TO BE MORE LIKE JESUS.....HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS AROUND THE WORLD - LET US RAISE OUR VOICES IN PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING FOR THE AWESOME PLAN OF SALVATION...THANK YOU JESUS!!
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2019, 03:57:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Happy Sabbath in Jesus our Savior!!

I am so thankful for how Jesus offers us new beginnings! He looks not at what we have been, but upon what we may become through His grace!!!

"This was to her the beginning of a new life, a life of purity and peace, devoted to the service of God. In the uplifting of this fallen soul, Jesus performed a greater miracle than in healing the most grievous physical disease; He cured the spiritual malady which is unto death everlasting. This penitent woman became one of His most steadfast followers. With self-sacrificing love and devotion she repaid His forgiving mercy." {The Desire of Ages, page 462, paragraph 2} 

Let us abide Christ today and go forth to gladly minister to others because Jesus first loved us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2019, 08:41:53 AM »
"Those to whom the message of truth is spoken seldom ask, "Is it true?" but, "By whom is it advocated?" Multitudes estimate it by the numbers who accept it; and the question is still asked, "Have any of the learned men or religious leaders believed?" Men are no more favorable to real godliness now than in the days of Christ. They are just as intently seeking earthly good, to the neglect of eternal riches; and it is not an argument against the truth, that large numbers are not ready to accept it, or that it is not received by the world's great men, or even by the religious leaders."   

So many are impressed with 'numbers' and what is popular. We are surrounded every day with the pressures of culture; in the world and in the church. To follow Jesus and to know truth we must be willing to hold firm to what we know is right no matter what the majority is saying. To find truth we must spend time in communion with God through prayer and study. We may stand all alone but we are never alone when we are on the side of righteousness. God promises to be with us always and to never leave us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »
"Man's advantages for obtaining a knowledge of the truth, however great these may be, will prove of no benefit to him unless the heart is open to receive the truth, and there is a conscientious surrender of every habit and practice that is opposed to its principles. To those who thus yield themselves to God, having an honest desire to know and to do His will, the truth is revealed as the power of God for their salvation. These will be able to distinguish between him who speaks for God, and him who speaks merely from himself. The Pharisees had not put their will on the side of God's will. They were not seeking to know the truth, but to find some excuse for evading it; Christ showed that this was why they did not understand His teaching."

I am comforted by the promises of God which are revealed in part by these two quotations that we can and will be able to know God's Will and His Truth if we come with true humility of heart " desiring to know God's will " for our lives.

"The preaching and teaching of His word is one of the means that God has ordained for diffusing light; but we must bring every man's teaching to the test of Scripture. Whoever will prayerfully study the Bible, desiring to know the truth, that he may obey it, will receive divine enlightenment. He will understand the Scriptures. "If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 7:17"

The Question is..."ARE WE WILLING TO COME WITH TRUE HUMILTY OF HEART DESIRING TO KNOW GOD'S WILL FOR OUR LIVES"?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2019, 08:52:53 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! I desire to know and do God's will as it is revealed in Jesus, and it is so encouraging that we can continue to grow in understanding the more we see of the loveliness of Jesus' character.

This morning I was moved by the thought of how the woman Jesus pardoned had a "new start." Not because she deserved it, but because Jesus was simply manifesting His character to her. The gospel's power is most powerful demonstrated when the character of Christ in His exceedingly wonderful loveliness is brought into contact with a broken, hurting soul who feels utterly sinful. This woman had no case of her own. Jesus took up her case and pardoned her, but in pardoning her, He empowered her to live a new life by the transforming grace of His word, "Go and sin no more." While in the fullest sense we can never "repay" God for all He has done to us, it is as we let Him pour through us His character that we in some small degree do get to "repay" Him out of an overflowing heart of gratitude. May this be our experience is my prayer.

"This was to her the beginning of a new life, a life of purity and peace, devoted to the service of God. In the uplifting of this fallen soul, Jesus performed a greater miracle than in healing the most grievous physical disease; He cured the spiritual malady which is unto death everlasting. This penitent woman became one of His most steadfast followers. With self-sacrificing love and devotion she repaid His forgiving mercy." {The Desire of Ages, page 462, paragraph 2}

As true self-sacrificing love and devotion flows through us in full surrender to Christ, we vindicate God's mercy before the onlooking universe, declaring in life and character that His grace is not only powerful enough to transform sinners into saints, but that from the dregs of this sinful world we have a personal experience to tell of how He miraculously has changed us to be one of His children, manifesting forth the attributes of His character! For eternity our stories will be part of the "lesson book" {The Desire of Ages, page 19, paragraph 3} which is this world!!

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2019, 08:44:22 PM »
 "Men are no more favorable to real godliness now than in the days of Christ. Those who are forward in accusing others, and zealous in bringing them to justice, are often in their own lives more guilty than they. Men hate the sinner, while they love the sin. Christ hates the sin, but loves the sinner. This will be the spirit of all who follow Him. Christian love is slow to censure, quick to discern penitence, ready to forgive, to encourage, to set the wanderer in the path of holiness, and to stay his feet therein."

"In His act of pardoning this woman and encouraging her to live a better life, the character of Jesus shines forth in the beauty of perfect righteousness. While He does not palliate sin, nor lessen the sense of guilt, He seeks not to condemn, but to save. The world had for this erring woman only contempt and scorn; but Jesus speaks words of comfort and hope. The Sinless One pities the weakness of the sinner, and reaches to her a helping hand. While the hypocritical Pharisees denounce, Jesus bids her, "Go, and sin no more.

The preaching and teaching of His word is one of the means that God has ordained for diffusing light; but we must bring every man's teaching to the test of Scripture. Whoever will prayerfully study the Bible, desiring to know the truth, that he may obey it, will receive divine enlightenment. He will understand the Scriptures. "If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 7:17, R. V. "

As we begin this momentous year of 2020 My prayer is that we "ALL" will copy the pattern that He has demonstrated to us, while claiming to be Representatives of our Lord & Saviour.  May you all have a Blessed & Spiritually Prosperous New Year.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

This is my story! This is my song!

"My song is love unknown,
My Savior’s love to me,
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.
O who am I that for my sake
My Lord should take frail flesh and die?" (Samuel Crossman, hymn writer, "My Song Is Love Unknown," stanza one)

I remember it like it was yesterday--the winter of 2010. I had just gone through a major manic phase and fallen so low through being re-medicated and feeling the brokenness of my own mind. But as I heard the words of this hymn and was in a quiet place with Jesus, I fell to my knees and wept tears of grateful realization of the infinite love of Jesus and the simultaneous conviction of my sinfulness and helplessness. As Jesus melted my heart, a spring of love was awakened in my soul through His grace by the Holy Spirit that would lead me in a path of complete healing from bipolar disorder in 2011 as I would that year read the Bible through and begin to diligently apply the principles of NEWSTART: Nutrition, Exercise, Water, Sunshine, Temperance, Air, Rest, Trust in God's Power. Healing is deep and lasting when it it is rooted in an overflow appreciation of the loveliness of Jesus, and I am SO SO GRATEFUL to be able to close 2019 beholding Jesus and looking forward to seeing EVEN MORE of the loveliness of Jesus' character in 2020. May you let Jesus awaken in you the healing experience wrought out only by beholding Him in His infinite grace!!!

"The woman had stood before Jesus, cowering with fear. His words, 'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone,' had come to her as a death sentence. She dared not lift her eyes to the Saviour's face, but silently awaited her doom. In astonishment she saw her accusers depart speechless and confounded; then those words of hope fell upon her ear, 'Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.' Her heart was melted, and she cast herself at the feet of Jesus, sobbing out her grateful love, and with bitter tears confessing her sins." {The Desire of Ages, page 462, paragraph 1}

This is how I experience life--an overflow tide of gratitude for how Jesus spared me from the living death of mental illness, won my heart to Him by a miracle of His grace, transformed my heart and mind to want Him first and best in all things, and graciously has filled me with all of the fruits of the Spirit so that not one is missing as long as I am abiding in Him by a living faith surrender. This is the testimony of Jesus--what He has done to save me. What is the testimony He has given you? It will be unique to your needs and weaknesses, but it will always glorify Him and reveal that He is a complete Savior! Hallelujah!!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2019, 04:51:58 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! Grace is more than a word, it is the power that transforms Sinners into Saints! If the Samaritan woman at the well can understand, then so ought laodiceans! After all, Israel was in the same condition when Jesus came into the world. The disciples after three and a half years still could not understand that in order for their sins to be forgiven Jesus had to suffer and die. Peter tried to stop Him from doing so. Christ's words to Peter were "Satan get thee behind me!"

Why did Jesus tell the woman at the well that salvation was of the Jews? We're not the Jews just about ready to murder him? She accepted Christ as Savior, but needed to understand truth and move into it in regards to her church. Grace moves humans to not do their will, but the will of God.

In today's reading we see the power of grace to transform a sinner into a saint. The sinner understood she was condemned rightly, but Christ forgave her sin and it melted her heart. This is the result of grace. It transforms the heart and mind which then have power to keep the flesh under.

"Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." Her heart was melted, and she cast herself at the feet of Jesus, sobbing out her grateful love, and with bitter tears confessing her sins.   
     This was to her the beginning of a new life, a life of purity and peace, devoted to the service of God. In the uplifting of this fallen soul, Jesus performed a greater miracle than in healing the most grievous physical disease; He cured the spiritual malady which is unto death everlasting. This penitent woman became one of His most steadfast followers. With self-sacrificing love and devotion she repaid His forgiving mercy.   

When we behold our Savior suffering  because of our sins, our hearts are melted also.  "I die daily" and the result is "I keep my body under, lest I become a castaway." It is grace that empowers repentance and power to keep the flesh from manifesting itself. When the Holy Spirit takes possession of the heart and mind, they have power to keep the evil fallen flesh from acting. Fallen flesh is no excuse for sin since God has provided a remedy in His Son. It is up to us to learn of Him and surrender the whole heart to Him who gave all that we might know Him, behold Him, and  be transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18).  "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2019, 06:18:33 AM »

Why did Jesus tell the woman at the well that salvation was of the Jews? We're not the Jews just about ready to murder him?

My simple answer is because the Jews were the ones that God gave a revelation of Himself. It was through the Jews that the Messiah would come.

I can't help but compare this to the present day. The remnant church is not chosen because of the righteousness of the people but for the perfect message that God has given to the church to take to the world. He wants a people that will show the power of His grace in changing hearts from sinners to saints and revealing the true character of Christ.

I was impressed by this quote this morning, "Those to whom the message of truth is spoken seldom ask, "Is it true?" but, "By whom is it advocated? Multitudes estimate it by the numbers who accept it; and the question is still asked, "Have any of the learned men or religious leaders believed? Men are no more favorable to real godliness now than in the days of Christ. They are just as intently seeking earthly good, to the neglect of eternal riches and it is not an argument against the truth, that large numbers are not ready to accept it, or that it is not received by the world's great men, or even by the religious leaders.

I am saddened as I talk to many that professed to be Seventh-day Adventists who have given up truth for their own opinions because the majority are doing the same. When you bring out the bible to share truth the answer is "but that's 'your' interpretation. I am learning to not linger in that atmosphere for the more you try to show them what the bible says the stronger the resistance grows. I'm so thankful for the example Jesus sets before us. I'm thankful for His word that teaches us how we are to live and how we are to be saved.

"God designs that men shall not decide from impulse, but from weight of evidence, carefully comparing scripture with scripture."

Thank you Pastor Sean for sharing how the power of God's grace healed you from mental illness. I am very interested in your testimony because there are several I know in great need of healing from mental illness but the medical profession has convinced them that they will never recover and must be on medication the rest of their lives.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2020, 07:26:12 PM »
Amen and amen, Dear Sister Dorine!  Yes, God's church today is His church not because we are a converted people, but because as it was with Israel, we are entrusted with the sacred oracles of God. And it is sad that so many argue against the truth. Jesus sought out those who were seeking truth, not those who were arguing against it. Yes, He did have to contend with many who argued against the truth, but He did not seek them out, but they Him. His heart yearned for those who were seeking help and had been turned away from it. So it is to be with us. There are many who long for understanding, who want to know what is truth. It is our privilege to find them and share the gospel with them. What joy may be ours as we seek to saved the lost.

In this new year let us seek to hasten the soon coming of Jesus!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2020, 06:51:21 AM »
Many are deceived today in the same way as were the Jews. Religious teachers read the Bible in the light of their own understanding and traditions; and the people do not search the Scriptures for themselves, and judge for themselves as to what is truth; but they yield up their judgment, and commit their souls to their leaders. The preaching and teaching of His word is one of the means that God has ordained for diffusing light; but we must bring every man's teaching to the test of Scripture. Whoever will prayerfully study the Bible, desiring to know the truth, that he may obey it, will receive divine enlightenment. He will understand the Scriptures.

This statement can not be made any clearer. It is the theme of my thoughts and conversation lately. As I come in contact with individuals that are following their favorite speaker without checking to see if what they say harmonizes with scripture I am saddened.

"If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 7:17, R. V.   

Jesus will never allow us to go astray if we are truly seeking to know His will.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2020, 07:30:21 AM »
"Men are no more favorable to real godliness now than in the days of Christ. Those who are forward in accusing others, and zealous in bringing them to justice, are often in their own lives more guilty than they..."

"Men hate the sinner, while they love the sin. Christ hates the sin, but loves the sinner...""

"This will be the spirit of all who follow Him. Christian love is slow to censure, quick to discern penitence, ready to forgive, to encourage, to set the wanderer in the path of holiness, and to stay his feet therein."

May we always remember and emulate these words written by James Rowe:(1866-1933)

Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:18 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

God loves to do miracles--the kind that change lives!! If you read John 8:1-11, you see one of the great miracles Jesus performed in giving a woman hope and purpose by His pardoning grace. So it is with us. As we realize our true identity as sons and daughters of God, we gladly yield all to Christ whose atoning blood pardons our sins and offers us the Holy Spirit to live in and through us to reveal all of the attributes of His divine nature without one of those fruits missing!

May we extend the same grace today to those around us, that they may find true purpose and joy even as Christ has first treated us!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2020, 04:22:36 AM »
When I read in John 8 about Jesus' treatment of the woman caught in adultery, I am reminded of what true Christianity is all about. We have been great sinners, but Christ saw the better traits of our character and offered us His forgiving mercy. As we behold His infinite loveliness and learn of Him, our fear is turned to love and our hearts melt in the realization that God can pardon our own sins and make us new creatures in Him. Yielding the entire heart to Jesus for Him to purify, He blots our sins out with His atoning blood, fills our hearts with gratitude, and imbues us with all of the traits of His divine nature! "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23). All of these precious fruits of His presence by the Holy Spirit will be revealed in the life that has been pardoned and transformed by His divine grace as the soul invites Christ into the mind and heart to ever abide there, for He is "the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).

"In His act of pardoning this woman and encouraging her to live a better life, the character of Jesus shines forth in the beauty of perfect righteousness. While He does not palliate sin, nor lessen the sense of guilt, He seeks not to condemn, but to save. The world had for this erring woman only contempt and scorn; but Jesus speaks words of comfort and hope. The Sinless One pities the weakness of the sinner, and reaches to her a helping hand. While the hypocritical Pharisees denounce, Jesus bids her, 'Go, and sin no more.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 462, paragraph 3}

And so as we go forth this day, let us remember that all of Christ's invitations are also promises. He not only calls us to "Go and sin no more," but His word has the creative power and ability to keep us from falling back into sin so we may be preserved blameless for His purposes to be fulfilled in you lives! "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 24-25).

Beacon

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2020, 06:13:17 AM »
"Men are no more favorable to real godliness now than in the days of Christ. Those who are forward in accusing others, and zealous in bringing them to justice, are often in their own lives more guilty than they...Men hate the sinner, while they love the sin. Christ hates the sin, but loves the sinner. Christian love is slow to censure, quick to discern penitence, ready to forgive, to encourage, to set the wanderer in the path of holiness, and to stay his feet therein."

"Man's advantages for obtaining a knowledge of the truth, however great these may be, will prove of no benefit to him unless the heart is open to receive the truth, and there is a conscientious surrender of every habit and practice that is opposed to its principles."

"Jesus said....Come unto Me all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 "

When we hear His voice speaking to us through His Word or by one of His messengers of mercy and grace it is the Holy Spirit pleading with us to turn from our sins and experience the joy and peace of a full surrender. Then as we sense our own need of forgiveness and experience the joy of full surrender to Jesus, we in turn should be willing to show love, forgiveness and mercy to others.

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2020, 04:24:29 PM »
"God does not compel men to give up their unbelief. Before them are light and darkness, truth and error. It is for them to decide which they will accept..

The human mind is endowed with power to discriminate between right and wrong..

God designs that men shall not decide from impulse, but from weight of evidence, carefully comparing scripture with scripture. Had the Jews laid by their prejudice and compared written prophecy with the facts characterizing the life of Jesus, they would have perceived a beautiful harmony between the prophecies and their fulfillment in the life and ministry of the lowly Galilean."

"Many are deceived today in the same way as were the Jews. Religious teachers read the Bible in the light of their own understanding and traditions; and the people do not search the Scriptures for themselves, and judge for themselves as to what is truth; but they yield up their judgment, and commit their souls to their leaders.

"The preaching and teaching of His word is one of the means that God has ordained for diffusing light; but we must bring every man's teaching to the test of Scripture. Whoever will prayerfully study the Bible, desiring to know the truth, that he may obey it, will receive divine enlightenment. He will understand the Scriptures.

God's Promise to us is this....

"If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 7:17, R. V."

Let us pray for an " Open Mind & Heart " that we may hear the Holy Spirit speaking the truth as we read God's Word and choose to obey from beholding the LOVE OF JESUS and His Great Sacrifice on our behalf. Let's copy the example of Jesus and learn to LOVE the sinner & Hate the sin! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2020, 05:06:26 AM »
What a blessing it is to read in this forum daily. It is not just what is written in our reading, but what is being shared that is such an encouragement. Why? This chapter explains why. Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Pastor Sean reveal what is written. They understand the truth that God is pouring out upon His church.

The perception and appreciation of truth, He said, depends less upon the mind than upon the heart. Truth must be received into the soul; it claims the homage of the will. If truth could be submitted to the reason alone, pride would be no hindrance in the way of its reception. But it is to be received through the work of grace in the heart; and its reception depends upon the renunciation of every sin that the Spirit of God reveals. Man's advantages for obtaining a knowledge of the truth, however great these may be, will prove of no benefit to him unless the heart is open to receive the truth, and there is a conscientious surrender of every habit and practice that is opposed to its principles. To those who thus yield themselves to God, having an honest desire to know and to do His will, the truth is revealed as the power of God for their salvation.

Let's look at what Brother Beacon has shared today.

"God does not compel men to give up their unbelief. Before them are light and darkness, truth and error. It is for them to decide which they will accept..

The human mind is endowed with power to discriminate between right and wrong..

Amen!  When Adam sinned in the Garden, he did not lose his ability to know right from wrong, he lost his ability to do what is right. He was aligned with Satan and at enmity with God. Thus, he and we must be born again of the Spirit (John chapter three) in order to do any good thing.

Many are deceived today in the same way as were the Jews. Religious teachers read the Bible in the light of their own understanding and traditions; and the people do not search the Scriptures for themselves, and judge for themselves as to what is truth; but they yield up their judgment, and commit their souls to their leaders.

Amen!! Instead of spending a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ by studying inspired sources, like the Jews we as a people are reading man's thoughts and listening to what man has to say about what is written. How very sad, especially when we have been given great light. How many truly appreciate that light? How many have read all of it? How many have even read half of it?