Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--48--Who Is the Greatest?  (Read 4800 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--48--Who Is the Greatest?
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 06:05:25 AM »
"But it is to the wrongdoer himself that we are to present the wrong. We are not to make it a matter of comment and criticism among ourselves; nor even after it is told to the church, are we at liberty to repeat it to others. A knowledge of the faults of Christians will be only a cause of stumbling to the unbelieving world; and by dwelling upon these things, we ourselves can receive only harm; for it is by beholding that we become changed. While we seek to correct the errors of a brother, the Spirit of Christ will lead us to shield him, as far as possible, from the criticism of even his own brethren, and how much more from the censure of the unbelieving world. We ourselves are erring, and need Christís pity and forgiveness, and just as we wish Him to deal with us, He bids us deal with one another."

Oh how much damage is done by disregarding this counsel. What a beautiful, compassionate and loving Saviour we serve. A thought that stood out to me in this reading is the fact that when we dwell upon the faults of others, not only are others harmed but we ourselves are harmed.

".......Trembling souls, who have many objectionable traits of character, are their (angels) special charge. Angels are ever present where they are most needed with those who have the hardest battle with self to fight, and whose surroundings are the most discouraging. And in this ministry Christ's true followers will cooperate."

What a privilege is ours. And what joy it brings when we are working with Christ for the uplifting of souls. Even when they seem to us, hopeless. If angels are always near to those that have the hardest battles, who are we to think we can walk the other way.

Help us O, Lord to be true to you by taking up our responsibility of showing your love to others.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14