Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--48--Who Is the Greatest?  (Read 13535 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--48--Who Is the Greatest?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 04:41:06 AM »
Come to Jesus as you are, and let Him reveal to you through His word the precious features of His loveliness of character. Let Him open to you the scenes of His suffering and His precious promises will glow in your heart with joy and love. May we allow Jesus today to bring us into continual union and communion, so that whatever He desires to speak to us, we may receive to give. May we truly learn the blessing of abiding in Christ so His Spirit reigns in our hearts.

"When Jesus told them that He was to be put to death and to rise again, He was trying to draw them into conversation in regard to the great test of their faith. Had they been ready to receive what He desired to make known to them, they would have been saved bitter anguish and despair. His words would have brought consolation in the hour of bereavement and disappointment. But although He had spoken so plainly of what awaited Him, His mention of the fact that He was soon to go to Jerusalem again kindled their hope that the kingdom was about to be set up. This had led to questioning as to who should fill the highest offices. On Peter’s return from the sea, the disciples told him of the Saviour’s question, and at last one ventured to ask Jesus, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?'" {The Desire of Ages, page 435, paragraph 1}

May we not grieve Jesus by having a contentious, self-seeking Spirit. Christ is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, for He came not to be ministered unto, but to minister. Only by beholding Christ and surrendering the whole heart to Him can the natural self-seeking heart be converted and made new to have selfless motives, purposes, and thoughts that are the effectual work of the Holy Spirit in the soul. This miracle is essential if we are to enter heaven at last, and be a blessing each day. Only Christ in us, the hope of glory, can truly accomplish this miracle--we cooperate with Him and experience the joy of being a blessing to others! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 05:14:41 AM »
Thank you Pastor Sean for your encouraging comments. I too want to fix my eyes on Jesus again today so that my motives will be to serve others, not self.

"When we see Jesus, a Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief, working to save the lost, slighted, scorned, derided, driven from city to city till His mission was accomplished; when we behold Him in Gethsemane, sweating great drops of blood, and on the cross dying in agony,—when we see this, self will no longer clamor to be recognized. Looking unto Jesus, we shall be ashamed of our coldness, our lethargy, our self-seeking. We shall be willing to be anything or nothing, so that we may do heart service for the Master. We shall rejoice to bear the cross after Jesus, to endure trial, shame, or persecution for His dear sake. {DA 439.3}"

This is the work of Christ in us as a result of beholding Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 05:52:08 AM »
Amen dear Sister!  How can we sin against such love! We cannot. Then what is the problem? We forget about Jesus. What is the evidence of conversion from sinner to saint? It is that we manifest the character of our Savior. When? All of the time, but most especially when things are very difficult for us.

I really like Romans 15:1 shared in today's reading. It causes us to realize how much we need Jesus. When we have great difficulty with another, who has the greater responsibility to work the hardest to resolve the difficulty? The one who is the greatest. The one who thinks himself so very right. The one who thinks himself the strongest. In many cases both feel themselves the right one. So, both ought to bear with the infirmities of the other, but often neither are willing to do so.

What is the problem? Where is Jesus? He is not in the heart of either. How can this situation be averted? What our sister and Pastor Sean have shared from today's reading answers the question. "When we see Jesus, a Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief, working to save the lost, slighted, scorned, derided, driven from city to city till His mission was accomplished; when we behold Him in Gethsemane, sweating great drops of blood, and on the cross dying in agony,—when we see this, self will no longer clamor to be recognized." It is glimpses of Jesus that strengthen us for the battle each day.

If we will behold Jesus daily, then we shall become as little children. Then we shall want to help those who are out of the way.

“We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.” Romans 15:1. No soul who believes in Christ, though his faith may be weak, and his steps wavering as those of a little child, is to be lightly esteemed. By all that has given us advantage over another,—be it education and refinement, nobility of character, Christian training, religious experience,—we are in debt to those less favored; and, so far as lies in our power, we are to minister unto them. If we are strong, we are to stay up the hands of the weak. Angels of glory, that do always behold the face of the Father in heaven, joy in ministering to His little ones. Trembling souls, who have many objectionable traits of character, are their special charge. Angels are ever present where they are most needed, with those who have the hardest battle with self to fight, and whose surroundings are the most discouraging. And in this ministry Christ’s true followers will co-operate.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2018, 05:28:05 AM »
In this chapter "Who is the Greatest?" I find some counsel that is worthy of deep thought, contemplation and prayer. 

"Christ’s instruction as to the treatment of the erring repeats in more specific form the teaching given to Israel through Moses: “Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in anywise rebuke thy neighbor, that thou bear not sin for him.” Leviticus 19:17, margin. That is, if one neglects the duty Christ has enjoined, of trying to restore those who are in error and sin, he becomes a partaker in the sin. For evils that we might have checked, we are just as responsible as if we were guilty of the acts ourselves. But it is to the wrongdoer himself that we are to present the wrong. We are not to make it a matter of comment and criticism among ourselves; nor even after it is told to the church, are we at liberty to repeat it to others. A knowledge of the faults of Christians will be only a cause of stumbling to the unbelieving world; and by dwelling upon these things, we ourselves can receive only harm; for it is by beholding that we become changed. While we seek to correct the errors of a brother, the Spirit of Christ will lead us to shield him, as far as possible, from the criticism of even his own brethren, and how much more from the censure of the unbelieving world. We ourselves are erring, and need Christ’s pity and forgiveness, and just as we wish Him to deal with us, He bids us deal with one another."

If we lived by this we would see a different church than what we see now. How many times in my life time have I been guilty of disregarding this counsel.  But as we behold the character of Jesus we are changed into His likeness. We can not do it ourselves. Only He can perform the heart transplant that each of us daily needs.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 08:29:42 AM »
Amen, dear Sister! We have two wonderful examples set before us as to how to deal with the sins of others. First, the example of Christ, then we have many examples of how Sister White dealt with the sins and errors of those in the church. If we love Jesus supremely, we shall love those for whom He suffered and died. Some will misunderstand, though. Public sins are to be reproved publicly, in love.

Let the repenting sinner fix his eyes upon “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29); and by beholding, he becomes changed. His fear is turned to joy, his doubts to hope. Gratitude springs up. The stony heart is broken. A tide of love sweeps into the soul. Christ is in him a well of water springing up unto everlasting life. When we see Jesus, a Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief, working to save the lost, slighted, scorned, derided, driven from city to city till His mission was accomplished; when we behold Him in Gethsemane, sweating great drops of blood, and on the cross dying in agony,—when we see this, self will no longer clamor to be recognized. Looking unto Jesus, we shall be ashamed of our coldness, our lethargy, our self-seeking. We shall be willing to be anything or nothing, so that we may do heart service for the Master. We shall rejoice to bear the cross after Jesus, to endure trial, shame, or persecution for His dear sake. “We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.” Romans 15:1.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »
Amen, Richard and Dorine! We need to look to the One who alone can save us and implant in us the motives that make possible a consistent Christian character. Christ must reign on the heart's throne so that self does not appear. Christ is to live out His life in us and we are to detach ourselves from all that is opposed to Him. Only by keeping the Lord ever before us do we have both the motivation and the power to do this!

"Let the repenting sinner fix his eyes upon 'the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world' (John 1:29); and by beholding, he becomes changed. His fear is turned to joy, his doubts to hope. Gratitude springs up. The stony heart is broken. A tide of love sweeps into the soul. Christ is in him a well of water springing up unto everlasting life. When we see Jesus, a Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief, working to save the lost, slighted, scorned, derided, driven from city to city till His mission was accomplished; when we behold Him in Gethsemane, sweating great drops of blood, and on the cross dying in agony,—when we see this, self will no longer clamor to be recognized. Looking unto Jesus, we shall be ashamed of our coldness, our lethargy, our self-seeking. We shall be willing to be anything or nothing, so that we may do heart service for the Master. We shall rejoice to bear the cross after Jesus, to endure trial, shame, or persecution for His dear sake." {The Desire of Ages, page 439, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »
I love the experiential heart-change that Jesus gives us. Just contemplate it with me--He turns our fear to joy, and our doubts to hope! What a beautiful experience available to all of us as we behold Jesus and surrender fully to the miracle of His grace, grace that is powerful and wonderful enough to change selfish sinners into repentant, holy saints! What a wonderful Savior!!!

"Let the repenting sinner fix his eyes upon “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29); and by beholding, he becomes changed. His fear is turned to joy, his doubts to hope. Gratitude springs up. The stony heart is broken. A tide of love sweeps into the soul. Christ is in him a well of water springing up unto everlasting life. When we see Jesus, a Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief, working to save the lost, slighted, scorned, derided, driven from city to city till His mission was accomplished; when we behold Him in Gethsemane, sweating great drops of blood, and on the cross dying in agony,—when we see this, self will no longer clamor to be recognized. Looking unto Jesus, we shall be ashamed of our coldness, our lethargy, our self-seeking. We shall be willing to be anything or nothing, so that we may do heart service for the Master. We shall rejoice to bear the cross after Jesus, to endure trial, shame, or persecution for His dear sake." {The Desire of Ages, page 439, paragraph 3}

Dorine

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 08:04:03 AM »
What a powerful message in the paragraph you chose Pastor Sean. It speaks to my heart with such force. Without Christ the heart is selfish and without hope.  As we move through this day our lives will reflect the character of Jesus because we have spent this thoughtful hour with Him in full surrender. May we be putty in God's hands today.

"The simplicity, the self-forgetfulness, and the confiding love of a little child are the attributes that Heaven values. These are the characteristics of real greatness."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 09:30:05 PM »
Amen! We are healed by His stripes. Grace is more than a word. It is the power that transforms sinners into saints. What is the difference between sinners and saints? Character. Either the character of Satan or Christ.

Lucifer desired God’s power, but not His character. He sought for himself the highest place, and every being who is actuated by his spirit will do the same. Thus alienation, discord, and strife will be inevitable. Dominion becomes the prize of the strongest. The kingdom of Satan is a kingdom of force; every individual regards every other as an obstacle in the way of his own advancement, or a steppingstone on which he himself may climb to a higher place.

While Lucifer counted it a thing to be grasped to be equal with God, Christ, the Exalted One, “made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Philippians 2:7, 8.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 05:07:17 AM »
As "a little child" (1 Kings 3:7) trusting our Heavenly Father implicitly, we can realize and experience in our character what Heaven most values.

"The simplicity, the self-forgetfulness, and the confiding love of a little child are the attributes that Heaven values. These are the characteristics of real greatness." {The Desire of Ages, page 437, paragraph 1}

By fully surrendering all to Jesus, may we let Him unfold what is best for us today as we eagerly cooperate with Him from a heart overflowing with gratitude and praise to Him for His great love for us! We love Him because He first loved us!

Dorine

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 07:02:47 AM »
"When Jesus told them that He was to be put to death and to rise again, He was trying to draw them into conversation in regard to the great test of their faith. Had they been ready to receive what He desired to make known to them, they would have been saved bitter anguish and despair. His words would have brought consolation in the hour of bereavement and disappointment. But although He had spoken so plainly of what awaited Him, His mention of the fact that He was soon to go to Jerusalem again kindled their hope that the kingdom was about to be set up."

Is Jesus trying to draw us into conversation with Him through the study of His word and prayer but we are too busy to stop or too afraid to ask questions we may not want to hear the answers to? I remember a time that I could not say to God, "Whatever it takes Lord, save me. " I just knew He was going to ask me to do all the things I hated or was afraid to do. Did I wound my dear Saviour? I sure did.

What years of stress and dread would have been prevented if I had just realized how much Jesus loved me. He wanted to change my heart and dispel my fears so that I may experience the joy of knowing and serving Him. May we always be willing to ask God to empty us of self. For that is the only condition where He can dwell within us. Otherwise, He remains on the outside of our hearts' door.... knocking. It took me years to understand this simple truth. What freedom it brings. Thank you, Jesus, for your patience with us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:44 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!   We ought not just leave His Words with His disciples then. Or, even just apply them to those who remain in a Laodicean condition today. Could it be that we are not beyond forgetting Jesus? The deceptions of Satan run deep. How many in the church really believe they must remain dead to self in order to have eternal life at the moment? How many even know what it means to be dead to self? What is conversion? And, even understanding all of this, because of our fallen nature, we are in great danger of deceiving ourselves as to our true condition. How many are ready to excuse the very little sins that cause us to stumble? Unless we realize that we need to be connected to Christ, truly fully surrendered to Him, we have no power to resist temptation and are in danger of thinking we are not in need of anything at the moment, when in fact we have separated from Jesus. Deceptions are so very dangerous to us all.

As Pastor Sean pointed out, Jesus tells us we must become as little children. We must be truly converted, where a transformation of character takes place, and we must remain in a converted state if we want to glorify our God.

It was not enough for the disciples of Jesus to be instructed as to the nature of His kingdom. What they needed was a change of heart that would bring them into harmony with its principles. Calling a little child to Him, Jesus set him in the midst of them; then tenderly folding the little one in His arms He said, “Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

The question that most concerns us, after we find out what it mean to be "born again" is what must I do in order to obtain this transformation of character? It is not good enough to know one is lost, he must also know what to do in order to obtain salvation. If we read in John chapter three the discussion Jesus had with Nicodemus we will find the answer. Many read this and never see the answer, but it is there very plainly presented. Would Jesus leave Nicodemus in his lost state without providing Him with a knowledge of how to be born again? Of course not. Then where is it that He gives Him a knowledge of how one is transformed in nature? What did Jesus do in order to provide this opportunity and what must we do in order to benefit from it?

Some say and teach that we can do nothing, Jesus did it all. This is a great deception. If we do nothing, we shall be lost. It is true that we cannot save ourselves, but neither can God saves us without our cooperation. God's part is immeasurably large, our part is immeasurably small. What is my part in God's plan to save me from Satan, sin, and self?

Beacon

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »
The disciples were jealous of each other and they wanted to know "Who was going to be the greatest" in the kingdom that Jesus would establish. Notice carefully the answer that Jesus gave....

Again Jesus explained to the disciples that His kingdom is not characterized by earthly dignity and display. At the feet of Jesus all these distinctions are forgotten. The rich and the poor, the learned and the ignorant, meet together, with no thought of caste or worldly preeminence. All meet as blood-bought souls, alike dependent upon One who has redeemed them to God.

The sincere, contrite soul is precious in the sight of God. He places His own signet upon men, not by their rank, not by their wealth, not by their intellectual greatness, but by their oneness with Christ. The Lord of glory is satisfied with those who are meek and lowly in heart. “Thou hast also given me,” said David, “the shield of Thy salvation: ... and Thy gentleness”—as an element in the human character—“hath made me great.” Psalm 18:35.

This instruction reminds me of the words found in a hymn that says...."Not I but Christ"  The Lord of glory is satisfied with those who are meek and lowly in heart.   Let this be our aim also when serving in any capacity of church work for this is what true greatness in the kingdom of our Lord is all about. " Not I but Christ"
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »
The question that most concerns us, after we find out what it mean to be "born again" is what must I do in order to obtain this transformation of character? It is not good enough to know one is lost, he must also know what to do in order to obtain salvation. If we read in John chapter three the discussion Jesus had with Nicodemus we will find the answer. Many read this and never see the answer, but it is there very plainly presented. Would Jesus leave Nicodemus in his lost state without providing Him with a knowledge of how to be born again? Of course not. Then where is it that He gives Him a knowledge of how one is transformed in nature? What did Jesus do in order to provide this opportunity and what must we do in order to benefit from it?

"John 3:14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up."

"Not through controversy and discussion is the soul enlightened. We must look and live. Nicodemus received the lesson, and carried it with him. He searched the Scriptures in a new way, not for the discussion of a theory, but in order to receive life for the soul. He began to see the kingdom of heaven as he submitted himself to the leading of the Holy Spirit." Desire of Ages. pg. 171, 175

We surrender all and Christ transforms us from the inside out. This is a daily experience and not just a once in a lifetime event. Yes, Richard our part is so small and God's is enormous.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 02:54:03 PM »
Amen, dear Dorine. The answer as to what we must do is so very simple. We must look and live. By beholding the loveliness of our Savior, we shall not only fall in love with Him, we shall be transformed into His image (character).  2 Cor. 3:18 remains a secret to most of the professing Christian world. How very sad.

Thank you for sharing, Dorine. Many seeking truth will be blessed to read your post.

Beacon

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 08:54:41 PM »
Before honor is humility. To fill a high place before men, Heaven chooses the worker who, like John the Baptist, takes a lowly place before God. The most childlike disciple is the most efficient in labor for God. The heavenly intelligences can co-operate with him who is seeking, not to exalt self, but to save souls. He who feels most deeply his need of divine aid will plead for it; and the Holy Spirit will give unto him glimpses of Jesus that will strengthen and uplift the soul. From communion with Christ he will go forth to work for those who are perishing in their sins. He is anointed for his mission; and he succeeds where many of the learned and intellectually wise would fail. "

Although we have been commissioned as Royal Ambassadors for Jesus, which is a High and Noble calling,we must while attempting to tell others about Jesus make sure that human pride and prestige is not dominant. It is the message and not the messenger which is important. The ones we are trying to reach for Jesus must be bonded to Him who is able to forgive, transform, and renew.

"It was not enough for the disciples of Jesus to be instructed as to the nature of His kingdom. What they needed was a change of heart that would bring them into harmony with its principles. Calling a little child to Him, Jesus set him in the midst of them; then tenderly folding the little one in His arms He said, “Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” The simplicity, the self-forgetfulness, and the confiding love of a little child are the attributes that Heaven values. These are the characteristics of real greatness. "

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 07:39:58 AM »
Amen, Beacon!

I was having a conversation yesterday with a friend about how meaningful it is when little children show and express love and kindness, and how as we show them kindness and love in the family of Christ that we are experiencing a foretaste of heaven. Jesus loved children, and we see He compares the experience of conversion to the way a little child is so trusting, loving, and open to being guided. May we be truly converted by seeing the loveliness of Jesus and yielding our whole heart to Him continually, that His love may flow through us to all the family of God! Such an experience is "true greatness" in His sight.

"It was not enough for the disciples of Jesus to be instructed as to the nature of His kingdom. What they needed was a change of heart that would bring them into harmony with its principles. Calling a little child to Him, Jesus set him in the midst of them; then tenderly folding the little one in His arms He said, 'Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.' The simplicity, the self-forgetfulness, and the confiding love of a little child are the attributes that Heaven values. These are the characteristics of real greatness." {The Desire of Ages, page 437, paragraph 1}

As we learn the values of heaven, as they become part of our experience, we find it a joy to live in continual union and communion with Christ and walk where He leads the way--putting Jesus first, others next, and yourself last! That spells JOY (Jesus, Others, Yourself).

Dorine

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 09:33:22 AM »
"In the ritual service, salt was added to every sacrifice. This, like the offering of incense, signified that only the righteousness of Christ could make the service acceptable to God. Referring to this practice, Jesus said, “Every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.” “Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.” All who would present themselves “a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God” (Romans 12:1), must receive the saving salt, the righteousness of our Saviour. Then they become “the salt of the earth,” restraining evil among men, as salt preserves from corruption. Matthew 5:13. But if the salt has lost its savor; if there is only a profession of godliness, without the love of Christ, there is no power for good. The life can exert no saving influence upon the world. Your energy and efficiency in the upbuilding of My kingdom, Jesus says, depend upon your receiving of My Spirit. You must be partakers of My grace, in order to be a savor of life unto life. Then there will be no rivalry, no self-seeking, no desire for the highest place. You will have that love which seeks not her own, but another’s wealth."

A message that needs to sink into the depths of our understanding and incorporated into our lives by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We do not want to be among those who are pictured as salt that has lost it's savor. Hypocrisy is sin. Here is the true test of one who abides in Christ; "Then there will be no rivalry, no self-seeking, no desire for the highest place. You will have that love which seeks not her own, but another’s wealth."  Amen.

Beacon

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »
"Before honor is humility. To fill a high place before men, Heaven chooses the worker who, like John the Baptist, takes a lowly place before God. The most childlike disciple is the most efficient in labor for God. The heavenly intelligences can co-operate with him who is seeking, not to exalt self, but to save souls. He who feels most deeply his need of divine aid will plead for it; and the Holy Spirit will give unto him glimpses of Jesus that will strengthen and uplift the soul. From communion with Christ he will go forth to work for those who are perishing in their sins. He is anointed for his mission; and he succeeds where many of the learned and intellectually wise would fail."

We must come to understand that we "WE CANNOT GIVE WHAT WE DO NOT HAVE" We need to plead for the infilling of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis so that when the opportunity comes to minister to others we will have been filled by the Holy Spirit to share the wonderful Story of Redemption with power and strong conviction to those we meet and mingle with in all our daily interactions.

A moment like that happened just today when my wife and I stopped at a tourist attraction and met a man who was responsible for this site. As I talked with him I just felt an overwhelming urge to share a copy of " Steps to Christ'" with him and by the power of God the conversation came to an appropriate place when I could make the offer to him and he gladly accepted it. Looked at it briefly and said something to the effect of "we could all benefit from a book like this." Praise be to God....I hope and pray he will follow through on the contact information that I wrote on the last page.
  I encourage you to read the words of the song " Take Time To Be Holy # 500 in the SDA Hymnal

"Angels of glory, that do always behold the face of the Father in heaven, joy in ministering to His little ones. Trembling souls, who have many objectionable traits of character, are their special charge. Angels are ever present where they are most needed, with those who have the hardest battle with self to fight, and whose surroundings are the most discouraging. And in this ministry Christ’s true followers will co-operate."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 05:55:17 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Jesus invites us all to be willing channels of blessing to those around us!

"The fact that one does not in all things conform to our personal ideas or opinions will not justify us in forbidding him to labor for God. Christ is the Great Teacher; we are not to judge or to command, but in humility each is to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. Every soul whom God has made willing is a channel through which Christ will reveal His pardoning love. How careful we should be lest we discourage one of God’s light bearers, and thus intercept the rays that He would have shine to the world!" {The Desire of Ages, page 438, paragraph 1}

Let us encourage those around us to surrender fully to what the Holy Spirit has planned for their life! We have the joy of being used by God as we behold Jesus in His infinite loveliness and surrender the whole heart to Him so He comes to live in us as an abiding Guest--one who will draw others to His love as He manifests through us His character: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance! What a joy to be a co-laborer with Christ in uplifting others and then encouraging those around us to trust God that He also has incredible plans for them in His service!