Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--26--At Capernaum  (Read 14910 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--26--At Capernaum
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 06:00:24 AM »
God is so gentle with us. Do you and I understand all there is to know of God and His word? Not yet! There is still more light to shine upon us. Like a faithful gardener, God comes to us and sows in our hearts the truth of His word. As soon as it germinates (when we surrender our will fully to Him so He can give us a new heart and a new mind) we are given an experience of revealing all of the fruits of the Spirit and our life is brought into harmony with all of God's law as we know it because we love Him. But be not discouraged as it can take time for Him to weed out all the influences in our lives that are not of Him; it can take time for Him to teach us more truth as we are able to bear it. But we are not to resist the influence of increased light and truth, for the more we know of Christ and His infinite loveliness of character, the more intense will be our happiness! Let us learn of how Christ ministered that we also may gently help dispel the false ideas that have clouded our comprehension of God, His word, and the mission He has for us to fulfill as we surrender fully to Him and abide in Him.

"The Sun of Righteousness did not burst upon the world in splendor, to dazzle the senses with His glory. It is written of Christ, 'His going forth is prepared as the morning.' Hosea 6:3. Quietly and gently the daylight breaks upon the earth, dispelling the shadow of darkness, and waking the world to life. So did the Sun of Righteousness arise, 'with healing in His wings.' Malachi 4:2." {The Desire of Ages, page 261, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
"History is repeating. With the open Bible before them, and professing to reverence its teachings, many of the religious leaders of our time are destroying faith in it as the word of God. They busy themselves with dissecting the word, and set their own opinions above its plainest statements. In their hands God's word loses its regenerating power. This is why infidelity runs riot, and iniquity is rife. 
     When Satan has undermined faith in the Bible, he directs men to other sources for light and power. Thus he insinuates himself. Those who turn from the plain teaching of Scripture and the convicting power of God's Holy Spirit are inviting the control of demons. Criticism and speculation concerning the Scriptures have opened the way for spiritism and theosophy--those modernized forms of ancient heathenism--to gain a foothold even in the professed churches of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
     Side by side with the preaching of the gospel, agencies are at work which are but the medium of lying spirits. Many a man tampers with these merely from curiosity, but seeing evidence of the working of a more than human power, he is lured on and on, until he is controlled by a will stronger than his own. He cannot escape from its mysterious power. 
     The defenses of the soul are broken down. He has no barrier against sin. When once the restraints of God's word and His Spirit are rejected, no man knows to what depths of degradation he may sink. Secret sin or master passion may hold him a captive as helpless as was the demoniac of Capernaum. Yet his condition is not hopeless." 

I'm sorry my post is so long this morning but this is the section that spoke strongly to me this morning. It shows the devils plan for our lives and we are seeing the results all  around us of so many that are falling into his trap. But it also gives us the remedy.

"The means by which we can overcome the wicked one is that by which Christ overcame,--the power of the word. God does not control our minds without our consent; but if we desire to know and to do His will, His promises are ours: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." "If any man willeth to do His will, he shall know of the teaching." John 8:32; 7:17, R. V. Through faith in these promises, every man may be delivered from the snares of error and the control of sin"

May we through obedience and faith in Jesus be found in prayer for ourselves, our families, our church and in God's word every day. This is where my victory is.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »
I love the character of Jesus!

His tender compassion fell with a touch of healing upon weary and troubled hearts. Even amid the turbulence of angry enemies He was surrounded with an atmosphere of peace. The beauty of His countenance, the loveliness of His character, above all, the love expressed in look and tone, drew to Him all who were not hardened in unbelief. Had it not been for the sweet, sympathetic spirit that shone out in every look and word, He would not have attracted the large congregations that He did. The afflicted ones who came to Him felt that He linked His interest with theirs as a faithful and tender friend, and they desired to know more of the truths He taught. Heaven was brought near. They longed to abide in His presence, that the comfort of His love might be with them continually. 

Thus, we too may win the hearts of those who we seek to serve by ministering to their physical needs with a sweet, sympathetic spirit.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 04:53:04 AM »
Richard, your words reminded of this from another of my favorite books....

The Saviour’s work was not restricted to any time or place. His compassion knew no limit. On so large a scale did He conduct His work of healing and teaching that there was no building in Palestine large enough to receive the multitudes that thronged to Him. On the green hill slopes of Galilee, in the thoroughfares of travel, by the seashore, in the synagogues, and in every other place where the sick could be brought to Him, was to be found His hospital. In every city, every town, every village, through which He passed, He laid His hands upon the afflicted ones and healed them. Wherever there were hearts ready to receive His message, He comforted them with the assurance of their heavenly Father’s love. All day He ministered to those who came to Him; in the evening He gave attention to such as through the day must toil to earn a pittance for the support of their families. {MH 17.3}

What a Savior we have!! Even if the religious leaders didn't find Him the one altogether lovely apparently a of others did. The beauty of His character will draw all men if we allow it.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 05:24:09 AM »
Amen Jim. Many don't have the opportunity to see Jesus like we do. But like Saul of Tarsus, they may see Him through his Witnesses.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 07:02:33 AM »
We are living in the closing moments of earth's history before Jesus returns. Well would it be for us daily to spend a thoughtful hour upon the life and ministry, the death and sufferings of Jesus--for as we behold Him, our comprehension of the life and experience that is before us unfolds with greater clarity and power to accomplish the work He has for us when we abide in Him. I am so amazed that of all the times I could be alive in the drama of this earth's history that I could live right before Jesus comes, and have a part to play in His great plan. Is there anything more important than being fully surrendered to Christ so He can, by giving us a new heart and mind, and filling us with all the fruits of His Spirit so that not one is missing, enable us to faithfully win souls and resist the power of the evil one? Let us consider what a privilege it is to suffer with Christ and to have an experience of oneness with Him by continual union and communion of the soul with Him. Nothing in this world can make us truly happy like Jesus.

"The period of Christ's personal ministry among men was the time of greatest activity for the forces of the kingdom of darkness. For ages Satan with his evil angels had been seeking to control the bodies and the souls of men, to bring upon them sin and suffering; then he had charged all this misery upon God. Jesus was revealing to men the character of God. He was breaking Satan's power, and setting his captives free. New life and love and power from heaven were moving upon the hearts of men, and the prince of evil was aroused to contend for the supremacy of his kingdom. Satan summoned all his forces, and at every step contested the work of Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 257, paragraph 1}
     "So it will be in the great final conflict of the controversy between righteousness and sin. While new life and light and power are descending from on high upon the disciples of Christ, a new life is springing up from beneath, and energizing the agencies of Satan. Intensity is taking possession of every earthly element. With a subtlety gained through centuries of conflict, the prince of evil works under a disguise. He appears clothed as an angel of light, and multitudes are 'giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.' 1 Timothy 4:1." {The Desire of Ages, page 257, paragraph 2}

To be truly happy in these times we need a constant connection with Christ, so no matter how strong the temptation, we are enabled through Him, the "way of escape" (1 Corinthians 10:13), to overcome as He overcame, relying implicitly upon His grace and putting all the energies of our soul into the battle before us--the battle of wresting one more soul from the camp of the enemy to be eternally redeemed in glory!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 04:16:28 AM »
Let us behold the loveliness of Jesus' character and let Him live out His life in us. As Jesus manifested the character of the Father, so we, abiding in Him by a continual connection by grace through "the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12) may shed the light of Jesus' character to a world that does not know His tender, pardoning love. By continual union and communion with God in Christ, the Holy Spirit will guide us aright to shed forth His grace to a world soon to perish, but that first is to receive the last rays of merciful light as manifest in His children who reveal His character--all of the fruits of His Spirit without one missing as His obedience is wrought out in us!

"The Sun of Righteousness did not burst upon the world in splendor, to dazzle the senses with His glory. It is written of Christ, 'His going forth is prepared as the morning.' Hosea 6:3. Quietly and gently the daylight breaks upon the earth, dispelling the shadow of darkness, and waking the world to life. So did the Sun of Righteousness arise, 'with healing in His wings.' Malachi 4:2."  {The Desire of Ages, page 261, paragraph 3}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 05:37:17 AM »
Speaking of beholding the character of Jesus, I love this part this morning.

...yet the heart's unspoken appeal was heard. No cry from a soul in need, though it fail of utterance in words, will be unheeded. Those who will consent to enter into covenant relation with the God of heaven are not left to the power of Satan or to the infirmity of their own nature. They are invited by the Saviour, "Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me." Isaiah 27:5. The spirits of darkness will battle for the soul once under their dominion, but angels of God will contend for that soul with prevailing power. The Lord says, "Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? . . . Thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children." Isaiah 49:24, 25. 

This guy couldn't speak his own desire to be set free but Jesus in His loving compassionate ways set him free in spite of this because He could read the longings of the man's heart.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »
These are precious verses for many of us. All who have children understand these verses in their context.They not only apply to us, but in context to our children. Of course their are conditions to the promise which are revealed in our reading. What a precious promise!!

I believe you, Jim, have shared this thought in the past. It is beautiful.

His tender compassion fell with a touch of healing upon weary and troubled hearts. Even amid the turbulence of angry enemies He was surrounded with an atmosphere of peace. The beauty of His countenance, the loveliness of His character, above all, the love expressed in look and tone, drew to Him all who were not hardened in unbelief. Had it not been for the sweet, sympathetic spirit that shone out in every look and word, He would not have attracted the large congregations that He did. The afflicted ones who came to Him felt that He linked His interest with theirs as a faithful and tender friend, and they desired to know more of the truths He taught. Heaven was brought near. They longed to abide in His presence, that the comfort of His love might be with them continually.

So it will be with all who love Jesus supremely. That love which is spoken of will fill all who are truly converted. It is called in Scripture "living water."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2018, 04:28:27 AM »
How did He do it? What was it that drew people to Jesus?

"His tender compassion fell with a touch of healing upon weary and troubled hearts. Even amid the turbulence of angry enemies He was surrounded with an atmosphere of peace. The beauty of His countenance, the loveliness of His character, above all, the love expressed in look and tone, drew to Him all who were not hardened in unbelief. Had it not been for the sweet, sympathetic spirit that shone out in every look and word, He would not have attracted the large congregations that He did. The afflicted ones who came to Him felt that He linked His interest with theirs as a faithful and tender friend, and they desired to know more of the truths He taught. Heaven was brought near. They longed to abide in His presence, that the comfort of His love might be with them continually." {The Desire of Ages, page 254, paragraph 4} 

Jesus' character is being reproduced in our experience as we behold Him, and His life becomes ours by a living-faith surrender so His attributes--the fruits of His Spirit (not one missing)--are being wrought out through us. He receives the glory and we are filled with joy to see how Christ through us speaks to the hearts of those around us who need hope and healing of soul! Let us live in continual union and communion with Christ today! "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5).

Dorine

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2018, 06:46:25 AM »
"Every man is free to choose what power he will have to rule over him. None have fallen so low, none are so vile, but that they can find deliverance in Christ. The demoniac, in place of prayer, could utter only the words of Satan; yet the heart's unspoken appeal was heard. No cry from a soul in need, though it fail of utterance in words, will be unheeded. Those who will consent to enter into covenant relation with the God of heaven are not left to the power of Satan or to the infirmity of their own nature. They are invited by the Saviour, "Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me." Isaiah 27:5. The spirits of darkness will battle for the soul once under their dominion, but angels of God will contend for that soul with prevailing power. The Lord says, "Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? . . . Thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children." Isaiah 49:24, 25."

Isn't this the most heartwarming and encouraging promise for every man, woman and child! God's love is beyond explanation and understanding. It is said that actions speak louder than words but in the life of Jesus we see that both His words and His actions work together to reveal His great love for mankind.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2018, 08:21:28 AM »

Every man is free to choose what power he will have to rule over him. None have fallen so low, none are so vile, but that they can find deliverance in Christ. The demoniac, in place of prayer, could utter only the words of Satan; yet the heart's unspoken appeal was heard. No cry from a soul in need, though it fail of utterance in words, will be unheeded. Those who will consent to enter into covenant relation with the God of heaven are not left to the power of Satan or to the infirmity of their own nature. They are invited by the Saviour, "Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me." Isaiah 27:5

Jesus says to us today " Come unto me all ye who labour and are heavy laden and I WILL GIVE YOU REST.  We are invited to come as we are and Jesus will forgive us and cover us with His righteousness.  What a wonderful promise it is to us to know that " None are so vile, but that they can find deliverance in Christ!! What ever is in our past---Jesus is willing to forgive and restore. Come without delay. Time is running out and probation is about to close.  How awful it would be to hear the words.." Depart from me - I never knew you " There is nothing in this sin sick world that's worth hanging on to....

LORD - "TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE CONSECRATED LORD TO THEE"  :)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 06:11:39 AM »
There is hope for us only in God. We can turn our eyes upon Jesus, find in His grace the strength to transform our hearts and minds to have pure motives of self-sacrificing love, and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit who will reveal Himself in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, and meekness so not one of these fruits of His presence is missing in our experience of living by faith upon Jesus!

The demoniac was trapped by the enemy, but Christ came to deliver!!

"Every man is free to choose what power he will have to rule over him. None have fallen so low, none are so vile, but that they can find deliverance in Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 258, paragraph 6}

I choose Jesus today, and I am so grateful for His loveliness of character that inspires us with with and hope to overcome in Him!

Beacon

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 06:56:11 AM »
"Jesus had nothing to do with the various subjects of dissension among the Jews. It was His work to present the truth. His words shed a flood of light upon the teachings of patriarchs and prophets, and the Scriptures came to men as a new revelation. Never before had His hearers perceived such a depth of meaning in the word of God."

Isaiah 8:20 says,,,"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." We need to be led by the Spirit of God and not get caught up in controversy within the ranks of Christianity and more specifically within the ranks of our own church.  Remember that when the devil tempted Jesus, He was victorious base on the theme of  " IT IS WRITTEN " Then the Holy Spirit will guide the listener to a deeper understanding which leads to truth..
[/b][/u]
"Jesus met the people on their own ground, as one who was acquainted with their perplexities. He made truth beautiful by presenting it in the most direct and simple way. His language was pure, refined, and clear as a running stream. His voice was as music to those who had listened to the monotonous tones of the rabbis. But while His teaching was simple, He spoke as one having authority.This characteristic set His teaching in contrast with that of all others."

It has been my privilege to conduct several funeral services for families that were not of our faith and each time they heard a solid truth filled message several of the ones present came up to me after the service and told me they had never heard such a comforting message based on the Word of God. It was a humbling experience and made me realize even more what a wonderful treasure we hold in our hands when we and have opportunities to share with others God's truth filled messages. I encourage all you reading this blog day by day to adapt this motto. If God said it - I believe it, and that's good enough for me "[/color]

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2019, 10:38:14 AM »
Had it not been for the sweet, sympathetic spirit that shone out in every look and word, He would not have attracted the large congregations that He did. The afflicted ones who came to Him felt that He linked His interest with theirs as a faithful and tender friend, and they desired to know more of the truths He taught. Heaven was brought near. They longed to abide in His presence, that the comfort of His love might be with them continually.

I just love this description of Christ. How a sympathetic spirit shone out of every look and word! What a kind and loving Savior we have! No wonder they were attracted to Him!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2019, 11:59:21 AM »
Amen Jim. And we are to witness that same loving character in dealing with people. God loves us. He allowed His innocent Son to come to this dark spot in the universe a helpless babe subject to the weakness of humanity to fight the battle of life as we must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss. In today's reading we find just what was waiting for Him when He got here.

The period of Christ's personal ministry among men was the time of greatest activity for the forces of the kingdom of darkness. For ages Satan with his evil angels had been seeking to control the bodies and the souls of men, to bring upon them sin and suffering; then he had charged all this misery upon God. Jesus was revealing to men the character of God. He was breaking Satan's power, and setting his captives free. New life and love and power from heaven were moving upon the hearts of men, and the prince of evil was aroused to contend for the supremacy of his kingdom. Satan summoned all his forces, and at every step contested the work of Christ.

We see this today in the world and in the church. Satan has been preparing for us. He has had another two thousand years to set the stage for the final battle between good and evil.

So it will be in the great final conflict of the controversy between righteousness and sin. While new life and light and power are descending from on high upon the disciples of Christ, a new life is springing up from beneath, and energizing the agencies of Satan. Intensity is taking possession of every earthly element. With a subtlety gained through centuries of conflict, the prince of evil works under a disguise. He appears clothed as an angel of light, and multitudes are "giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." 1 Timothy 4:1.

We face more danger from within than without. As it was with Israel, Satan has been working the church to deceive about the character of God and the plan of salvation. Laodiceans are deceived in a very bad way. There is error surrounding us, both from the liberal side and the conservative side. Our only safety is in Christ and His Word.

Beacon

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »
"A perversion of right principles is a transgression of God's law. Those who in their actions pervert the grand principles of His Holy Law are under condemnation, for the righteousness of Christ cannot cover one unconfessed sin. The law has been lightly regarded. "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil." We must obey God's law, if we are loyal to Him and accepted by Him."

"The first step toward obedience is to examine ourselves in the light of the law, thus discovering the penalty of transgression. Those of God's people who do not purify their souls by coming into clearer and still clearer light are a reproach to His glorious cause. Too often those who should remain true and faithful to principle are obnoxious to God, because in His justice He cannot endure the sins that they cherish--sins that not only lead them into false paths but cause others also to be led astray."

It is an sobering thought to me that by my actions or by my thoughts, if not sanctified by the Holy Spirit, can cause Jesus soo much sadness and may result in myself and others losing out in the great gift of Eternal Life that Jesus has made possible through His death on the Cross of Calvary. I love the wonderful promises given to us as stated in the book " THOUGHTS FROM THE MOUNT OF BLESSING. " It would be great to read it often and remember that the one who promised it also said...All Power is given to me in Heaven and on Earth. Matthew 28:18

"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved. {MB 101.3}"

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 02:17:21 AM »
Hallelujah! Amen, Brother Beacon!! We can turn our eyes upon Jesus and find the healing experience of His character, which He promises to work out in us as a divine miracle--the miracle of grace that makes us partakers of the divine nature so we may escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.

It is a beautiful thought to reflect on what Jesus' countenance was like as He walked the earth--and to know that we also may have a beaming smile, a joyful heart, and a song on our lips! As we rejoice in all that Jesus is to us and invite others to get to know Him, they will be attracted to Him for they will behold Christ in us the hope of glory through the manifestation of all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"His tender compassion fell with a touch of healing upon weary and troubled hearts. Even amid the turbulence of angry enemies He was surrounded with an atmosphere of peace. The beauty of His countenance, the loveliness of His character, above all, the love expressed in look and tone, drew to Him all who were not hardened in unbelief. Had it not been for the sweet, sympathetic spirit that shone out in every look and word, He would not have attracted the large congregations that He did. The afflicted ones who came to Him felt that He linked His interest with theirs as a faithful and tender friend, and they desired to know more of the truths He taught. Heaven was brought near. They longed to abide in His presence, that the comfort of His love might be with them continually." {The Desire of Ages, page 254, paragraph 4}

May the comfort of Jesus' love be with us continually today as we see Him in His beauty by faith. Let us choose the experience of David all the days of our life, for this will be our experience also in eternity: "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple" (Psalm 27:4).   

Dorine

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 06:11:21 AM »
"He (Jesus) spoke as one who had a definite purpose to fulfill. He was bringing to view the realities of the eternal world. In every theme God was revealed. Jesus sought to break the spell of infatuation which keeps men absorbed in earthly things. He placed the things of this life in their true relation, as subordinate to those of eternal interest; but He did not ignore their importance. He taught that heaven and earth are linked together, and that a knowledge of divine truth prepares men better to perform the duties of everyday life. He spoke as one familiar with heaven, conscious of His relationship to God, yet recognizing His unity with every member of the human family.

May God help us to do the same. There are many distractions in life. They may be good in and of themselves but not when they come first before God. I thank Him for His example in showing us the order of their importance. I thank Him for being our link to heaven. We are so blessed in every way. May we show it in the way we think, speak and act. Make Jesus our first thoughts upon waking and the last thoughts before falling asleep and the center of all our comings and goings through out the day.

I was also touched this morning by this description of Jesus.

"His tender compassion fell with a touch of healing upon wary and troubled hearts. Even amid the turbulence of angry enemies He was surrounded with an atmosphere of peace. The beauty of His countenance, the loveliness of His character, above all, the love expressed in look and tone, drew to Him all who were not hardened in unbelief. Had it not been for the sweet, sympathetic spirit that shone out in every look and word, He would not have attracted the large congregations that he did."

Oh the dangers of unbelief.  Come into my heart this morning Lord Jesus. Cleanse it and renew a right spirit within me. Amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
What if a person were to live their whole life teaching the truth and at the end could not count very many who accepted the message of God's grace? Think of the prophets who not only did not see the coming of Christ, but saw little good from their efforts. How was it with Ellen White? In 1897 she said it was rare.

The new birth is a rare experience in this age of the world. This is the reason why there are so many perplexities in the churches. Many, so many, who assume the name of Christ are unsanctified and unholy. They have been baptized, but they were buried alive. Self did not die, and therefore they did not rise to newness of life in Christ (Manuscript 148, 1897).

How did it make her feel? She wanted to die.

The message to the Laodiceans has not accomplished that zealous repentance among God’s people which I expected to see, and my perplexity of mind has been great. Disease seemed to make continual progress upon me, and I thought that I must lie down in the grave. I had no desire to live,

Why share this today? As I read what all have shared this morning, I am so thankful that I will not go into the grave without seeing some who have accepted the gospel of grace. It is such a simple message, but ever so powerful! The church remains in a Laodicean condition and many, so very many have no idea what it means to be a Laodicean. So many close friends, I cannot speak openly about this. They cannot see.

Yes, each day we must be re-converted by beholding God's wonderful grace. As we look upon Him who was lifted up for my sins, we become changed in character. We are filled with the Holy Spirit and reveal all of the fruits of His Spirit, not one is missing. Amazing grace! More than a word, it is the power that transforms sinners into saints. And all of this power came to us a helpless baby bearing fallen flesh to fight the battle as we must fight it at the risk of failure and eternal loss! He came with healing in His wings.

The Sun of Righteousness did not burst upon the world in splendor, to dazzle the senses with His glory. It is written of Christ, "His going forth is prepared as the morning." Hosea 6:3. Quietly and gently the daylight breaks upon the earth, dispelling the shadow of darkness, and waking the world to life. So did the Sun of Righteousness arise, "with healing in His wings." Malachi 4:2.