Author Topic: Faith in God  (Read 6569 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Faith in God
« on: February 01, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »
Brazil's player of the year says he chooses God over his career. An up-and-coming soccer goalkeeper has stirred up a storm in Brazil’s sporting world by announcing that he would no longer play matches scheduled from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

Carlos Vítor da Costa Ressurreição, 30, who was baptized into the Seventh-day Adventist Church last month, told reporters about his decision a few days ago, sparking a wave of surprise, sympathy, and even anger from fans and sports commentators who struggled to understand his rationale. Remnant-Online

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

Re: Faith in God
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »

I did not understand much at all but I like what I heard.  ;D
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:33:22 AM »
cp, no sprechen sie Portuguese?  If we have someone reading who does, please translate Vitor's comments for us. The linked article explains Vitor's faith in God. He does not know a lot, but he knows what is important. He understands what it means to obey God. He does not make any excuses for sin. He trusts in God to provide for him and his family.

I thought it interesting where he learned the truth. If he continues in that path, he will be safe.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
cp, no sprechen sie Portuguese?  If we have someone reading who does, please translate Vitor's comments for us. The linked article explains Vitor's faith in God. He does not know a lot, but he knows what is important. He understands what it means to obey God. He does not make any excuses for sin. He trusts in God to provide for him and his family.

I thought it interesting where he learned the truth. If he continues in that path, he will be safe.

I sent this to a local church friend. He is from Brazil and Portuguese is his language. I will get some feedback from him soon.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Nic Samojluk

• "I have come that you may have life! Choose Life"
    • Advent Life
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
The story and example of this renowned soccer player should encourage all Adventists to be faithful to God's Commandments.