Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--5--The Dedication  (Read 16360 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--5--The Dedication
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »
Amen, dear sister!! What love has been revealed! How can we not fall in love with our God! Yet some who are registered in Christian churches have not seen this great love.

These humble worshipers had not studied the prophecies in vain. But those who held positions as rulers and priests in Israel, though they too had before them the precious utterances of prophecy, were not walking in the way of the Lord, and their eyes were not open to behold the Light of life.
     So it is still. Events upon which the attention of all heaven is centered are undiscerned, their very occurrence is unnoticed, by religious leaders, and worshipers in the house of God. Men acknowledge Christ in history, while they turn away from the living Christ. Christ in His word calling to self-sacrifice, in the poor and suffering who plead for relief, in the righteous cause that involves poverty and toil and reproach, is no more readily received today than He was eighteen hundred years ago.

As Pastor Sean has pointed out, imagine a helpless baby being the King of Glory!! As we behold this love, our hearts go out to Him who gave all for us while we were yet sinners. Let us continue to behold this most wonderful love!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 05:03:00 AM »
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. In the temple the Son of God was dedicated to the work He had come to do. The priest looked upon Him as he would upon any other child. But though he neither saw nor felt anything unusual, God's act in giving His Son to the world was acknowledged. This occasion did not pass without some recognition of Christ. "There was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ." 

What a thought... that the priest not only didn't recognize Christ but wasn't looking for Him either. Especially after the visit of the wise men. But then Anna and Simeon come on the scene to make sure this King of a babe didn't go unnoticed. This reminds me a few years ago walking out of a service at church where God had obviously moved the hearts of a lot of the people present. As the people the left the service barely a word was heard and most were quiet and pondering what the words they just heard meant for themselves, then someone next to me broke the silence and said.... "why is everyone so quiet?" They didn't notice anything special nor understood why others were behaving differently. Let's not be in that state, let's keep our hearts humble and open to God even if He comes with a rebuke. He loves us so!!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
Amen, Jim! We need to be in a continual attitude of prayer, of expectancy for God to reveal Himself to us, as was true for Anna and Simeon when Jesus was dedicated in Luke 2. We need to have a fuller, deeper appreciation of spiritual things! And we can clearly see how all things are revealed when we behold the cross of Christ:

At the cross of Calvary, love and selfishness stood face to face. Here was their crowning manifestation. Christ had lived only to comfort and bless, and in putting Him to death, Satan manifested the malignity of his hatred against God. He made it evident that the real purpose of his rebellion was to dethrone God, and to destroy Him through whom the love of God was shown. {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 2}

We are either manifesting love or selfishness moment-by-moment. We are either abiding in Christ, by whose grace and divine power selfless love flows through the renewed heart and mind, or we are manifesting unbelief and walking in the selfishness of the flesh. It is our choice--who will we behold? Jesus, or self? Christ offers us His grace as freely as the air and sunshine, but only those who appreciate His character by beholding Him and being in continual communion with Him will experience the salvation that His grace offers us. I choose to behold Jesus, and in Him I find that God's ways are ways of pleasantness, and that His path is best!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »
Amen, Pastor Sean. We can better understand why it is that God allowed Satan to live. We see a demonstration of Satan's evil nature and God's unfathomable love! What a contrast!!

Let's not be in that state, let's keep our hearts humble and open to God even if He comes with a rebuke. He loves us so!!

Jim, what you say here is something that I just discussed with a fellow Christian. We were discussing Moses' sin and repentance. I was seeking to better understand where his understanding was. I was pointing out Moses' repentance was quick and deep. I had asked what it was that brought Moses to repentance. He answered "God's reproof."  I replied condemnation of the broken law can save no one, it is grace that saves. I was the teacher, but I was being taught.  He said that the reproof was grace. I contemplated his statement and saw he was correct. The Holy Spirit opened my mind to the fact that Moses was only alive after his sin because of grace. That God would speak to Moses of his sin and not take his life is indeed grace.

Yes, God's love is revealed even when the Spirit comes with reproof!   Thank you for sharing. God has a way of confirming truth!

I was impressed with this truth this morning:

By the life and the death of Christ, the thoughts of men also are brought to view. From the manger to the cross, the life of Jesus was a call to self-surrender, and to fellowship in suffering. It unveiled the purposes of men. Jesus came with the truth of heaven, and all who were listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit were drawn to Him. The worshipers of self belonged to Satan's kingdom. In their attitude toward Christ, all would show on which side they stood. And thus everyone passes judgment on himself. 

And, everyone will close their own probation if they deny Jesus His rightful place in the heart,  The life of Jesus is a call to self-surrender, and to fellowship in suffering. It is the most weighty trust and the highest honor to partake in the sufferings of Christ. Do we glory in our tribulation?

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 06:11:45 AM »
Just and true are thy ways, Thou King of Saints! It is our joy to know and follow thy ways, for they are the best. There is a way which seemeth right unto man, but the ways thereof are the ways of death. We want life, and to give honor and glory to God.

As I read this morning, I noticed that the first born from the beginning were to be dedicated to God. I recalled that it was not any first born, but the first born male. Why? Why were women being set aside for this role? We may not understand, but it is written, so it is not for us to question God's ways. We may ask God why, but we are to understand that God's ways are "just and true", even if we do not understand why.

We may find an answer in Scripture, but if we do not, we are to understand it is God's way and we are to follow it.

The dedication of the first-born had its origin in the earliest times. God had promised to give the First-born of heaven to save the sinner. This gift was to be acknowledged in every household by the consecration of the first-born son. He was to be devoted to the priesthood, as a representative of Christ among men.   

This first born son was to be the priest in the home, and a witness of our Savior. Why a witness? Because God's character has been maligned by Satan. We see the truth of who our God is at the cross.

At the cross of Calvary, love and selfishness stood face to face. Here was their crowning manifestation. Christ had lived only to comfort and bless, and in putting Him to death, Satan manifested the malignity of his hatred against God. He made it evident that the real purpose of his rebellion was to dethrone God, and to destroy Him through whom the love of God was shown.   
     By the life and the death of Christ, the thoughts of men also are brought to view. From the manger to the cross, the life of Jesus was a call to self-surrender, and to fellowship in suffering. It unveiled the purposes of men. Jesus came with the truth of heaven, and all who were listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit were drawn to Him. The worshipers of self belonged to Satan's kingdom. In their attitude toward Christ, all would show on which side they stood. And thus everyone passes judgment on himself. 

Selfish we are by nature, but God has provided a remedy wherein we may be transformed in character. It is possible to keep the commands of God if we will make a full heart surrender to Christ. He will take possession of the sin polluted heart and cleanse it whiter than snow. We look forward to the day when He will give us new glorified bodies that are not composed of evil flesh. In the meantime, let us allow Christ to have the whole heart that we may keep the evil body (flesh) under as Paul taught. "I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." 1 Cor. 9:27.

Then, all, both male and female, may give honor and glory to God by being faithful witnesses of His character.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 06:39:52 AM »
Amen, Richard! God chose the first born son of each family to be a priest before Him (and which the Levites replaced after the apostasy at Sinai), and these were all to be typifying Christ; yet God also had consecrated women who served him in ministry in other ways--such as Anna, who was a prophetess. What a precious revelation we see in our reading today of the loveliness of Jesus, and how His love reigned in the heart of Anna, who longed to behold Him. We can praise God that each morning when we come to behold Jesus, read of His life and sacrifice, and meditate upon His loveliness of character that we also will be transformed, and our faces will shine with the light that streams from Calvary.

"Anna also, a prophetess, came in and confirmed Simeon's testimony concerning Christ. As Simeon spoke, her face lighted up with the glory of God, and she poured out her heartfelt thanks that she had been permitted to behold Christ the Lord." {The Desire of Ages, page 55, paragraph 4}

May we have our faces lighted up today with the glory of God, His unselfish character that is always manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit being seen in the life without one missing. This will be our experience as long as we surrender the WHOLE heart to Him so He can cleanse it completely from sin and abide there as a heavenly Guest. He will more than satisfy the deepest longings of the soul, for Jesus is truly the "Desire of all nations" (Haggai 2:7). I desire to be in continual communion with Jesus this Sabbath, and I pray you will experience such a joy in that fellowship that you will realize the reality that "heaven begins in the soul." {Heaven, page 171, paragraph 4}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018, 04:57:15 AM »
Jesus loves us so much that He was willing to be treated as the lowest of humanity, to be born in a lowly manger, to live a self-sacrificing life of poverty, to sympathize and minister to suffering humanity, and then die an ignominious death. By His resurrection from the dead we are pledged with the power to obey God because Christ will live His resurrection life in us while also giving us the completeness of His death to sin in our place. We identify fully with Jesus and so become like Him in mind and character! We receive the perfect robe of His righteousness by faith--a faith that enters into our actual thoughts and feelings and allows us to be blessed with heaven's choicest blessings! Think of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before sin--that is a picture of the kind of holy lives Jesus is creating in these last days because His children behold His agonized struggle the Garden of Gethsemane. Christ's garden of agony is the pledge of our being able to experience, even NOW through constant union and communion with Him in His opening providences and blessings, the joy of Eden's bliss! Let us thank God that He loves us SO SO SO MUCH! Now let us honor Him by walking in that blessing, and pressing heaven in humble, earnest, sincere prayer for the greatest blessings He desires to pour upon us! Praise God!

"'That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.' In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are 'thoughts of peace, and not of evil.' Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me." {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 1}

We find in Christ our greatest happiness by loving Him with the whole heart, mind, soul, and strength. It is only those who are truly happy in Christ that are ready for marriage, for raising children, and for living the principles of heaven while still physically on this earth. Without the joyful union and communion of the soul with Christ, every blessing Jesus would desire to give us would be spoiled by the miasma of selfishness. But a truly converted heart will only exude selfless love, which is always manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit so that not one is missing. Already by faith we are seated in heavenly places in Christ when we are truly converted. Christ's dedication as an infant (for He was perfect at each stage of His development, as we may be once we are converted) is the pledge of our complete deliverance from sin and the power He gives us to live lives WHOLLY CONSECRATED to His service. Live in His will and IT WILL EXCEED YOUR HIGHEST EXPECTATIONS!

"Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God's ideal for His children. Godliness--godlikeness--is the goal to be reached. Before the student there is opened a path of continual progress. He has an object to achieve, a standard to attain, that includes everything good, and pure, and noble. He will advance as fast and as far as possible in every branch of true knowledge. But his efforts will be directed to objects as much higher than mere selfish and temporal interests as the heavens are higher than the earth." {Education, page 18, paragraph 3}

Praise the Lord!!!!!!! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »
Amen, Pastor Sean.  What a self sacrificing, loving God we serve!!

Once again in our reading we see the "great controversy" being revealed. There is a fierce battle that surrounds us. Satan is doing all he can to attract us to the world and distract us from seeing this battle. He surrounds us with nets to entrap us. But, even more dramatic is the work of our Savior as He directs the angels to help us see Him more clearly every day. He knows what it is like, for He is our elder Brother who endured much more than we shall ever have to face.

At the cross of Calvary, love and selfishness stood face to face. Here was their crowning manifestation. Christ had lived only to comfort and bless, and in putting Him to death, Satan manifested the malignity of his hatred against God. He made it evident that the real purpose of his rebellion was to dethrone God, and to destroy Him through whom the love of God was shown.   

Such simple, but powerful truth. What are we living for? If for Christ, then our lives will be a continual surrender to Him, that we might be partakers in the sufferings of Christ. No one enjoys suffering, but we may glory in it since we know it works for our good and God's glory as we abide in Christ and He in us through the Holy Spirit.

Then, the all important question must be answered; How is it that we may learn to abide in Christ continually that we might be brave soldiers enduring the hardship that will come?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 01:59:43 AM »
To fall upon Christ is not the end of the story. Come to Jesus with all of your brokenness, your sin, and weakness and in humble faith claim His promise to reveal Himself to you, for to know Him is eternal life (John 17:3).

"'Behold,' Simeon had said, 'this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against.' They must fall who would rise again. We must fall upon the Rock and be broken before we can be uplifted in Christ. Self must be dethroned, pride must be humbled, if we would know the glory of the spiritual kingdom. The Jews would not accept the honor that is reached through humiliation. Therefore they would not receive their Redeemer. He was a sign that was spoken against." {The Desire of Ages, page 56, paragraph 5}

I am thankful for how Jesus has brought me to see my need of Him, and He ever deepens His work. The beginning step is complete surrender, so that His Spirit manifests Himself in the soul--all of the fruits of the Spirit are seen without one missing, and we gladly follow every known duty, accepting every ray of light with gladness. Thank God that Simeon and Anna were ready to receive Jesus in His infancy. Are we ready to receive Him in all His glory? Jesus is about to come in the clouds of the sky, and we can only be ready for His coming in glory as we allow Him, the humble Savior, to transform our hearts from sin and selfishness to purity and holiness. This miracle of heart work He accomplishes in all who surrender fully to Him, motivated by His grace. By beholding His grace we are changed. I love how we can come to Christ just as we are and allow Him to work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure!!

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 08:02:29 AM »
Yet Mary did not understand Christ's mission. Simeon had prophesied of Him as a light to lighten the Gentiles, as well as a glory to Israel. Thus the angels had announced the Saviour's birth as tidings of joy to all peoples. God was seeking to correct the narrow, Jewish conception of the Messiah's work. He desired men to behold Him, not merely as the deliverer of Israel, but as the Redeemer of the world. But many years must pass before even the mother of Jesus would understand His mission.

I know better by now but for some reason I'm always surprised when I read these words. Even Mary the humble servant who took on her mission without question didn't fully understand her own Son's mission. It even took years for her to understand. I'm not trying to say that I am better but rather I am grateful for the example. While I can't use this as an excuse it does reveal that God is patient and long suffering even to His own who should know better. It's one thing for a stranger to not understand but it's totally another thing for a self-proclaimed Christian to not understand. I'm not necessarily talking about Christ's earthly mission as we can look back and see from a vantage point in history but what about other truths that the Lord wishes for you or me to understand today personally.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2018, 05:26:56 AM »
"That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed." In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me.

Yet another look at the Father's love for us. How deep and wide it is! Nothing that is good for us is withheld. What a loving God we serve!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 07:03:17 AM »
Amen, Jim! We see that God reveals His character in giving us His beloved Son! All the lying excuses for sin are swept away in the glorious revelation of the cross of Christ!

"In the day of final judgment, every lost soul will understand the nature of his own rejection of truth. The cross will be presented, and its real bearing will be seen by every mind that has been blinded by transgression. Before the vision of Calvary with its mysterious Victim, sinners will stand condemned. Every lying excuse will be swept away. Human apostasy will appear in its heinous character. Men will see what their choice has been. Every question of truth and error in the long-standing controversy will then have been made plain. In the judgment of the universe, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. There was no defect in God's government, no cause for disaffection. When the thoughts of all hearts shall be revealed, both the loyal and the rebellious will unite in declaring, 'Just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints. Who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? . . . for Thy judgments are made manifest.' Revelation 15:3, 4." {The Desire of Ages, page 58, paragraph 1}

It strikes me that God is only allowing the great controversy to go on long enough for "every question of truth or error" to be "made plain." As we let Christ live out His life in us and overcome sin, God is glorified. He will have a people who stand before Him on this earth without a mediator who have experienced the power of God's grace in their lives. It will be seen that God's grace is powerful enough to transform sinners into saints, and then keep them from falling in the most trying time ever to take place in the history of the earth. That time is nearly upon us. It is well that we spend this thoughtful hour upon the life of Jesus, for this is where the power to be changed comes from--the light from the face of Jesus Christ! What wondrous love is this!!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 08:08:09 AM »
Amen Jim and Pastor Sean!!   What is religion all about? Why are those who love Jesus not taken immediately to heaven? Why must we who want to be Jesus today have to remain in this sin sick world? Why must the 144,000 go through a time of trouble such as never was?

"That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed." In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good."

"Satan has charged God with being unfair, unjust. God is not unjust. He is not only just, but merciful to sinners as long as they have not hardened their hearts past the point of no return." " In the judgment of the universe, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. There was no defect in God's government, no cause for disaffection. When the thoughts of all hearts shall be revealed, both the loyal and the rebellious will unite in declaring, 'Just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints."

We are part of the demonstration that God is love and God is just. We also prove that Satan is a liar and God's law can be kept through the power of His grace. But, not all on this Earth understand this, for spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Just as the priest to whom Baby Jesus was brought did not recognize Jesus as the Sent of God, so most in this world will not see God as both merciful and just. But, as with Simeon, there are a multitude who recognize the loveliness of Jesus and give their hearts fully to Him.

Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. In the temple the Son of God was dedicated to the work He had come to do. The priest looked upon Him as he would upon any other child. But though he neither saw nor felt anything unusual, God's act in giving His Son to the world was acknowledged.

Not only did Mary and Joseph know, but so did Simeon and Anna acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God. Millions of others, both before and after, have seen God and have accepted the Gift of His Son. We testify that God is love and that His ways are perfect. Grace has cleansed our hearts can keep us from hurting God, others, and ourselves. What a miracle! What love manifested to a world soon to perish! When God's character has been fully revealed, then the universe will be safe from sin for eternity. What a plan God has put into operation! What wisdom and love has been revealed to all who seek to understand!

Sister Dorine has seen and expressed our understanding.

I can't help but reflect today on the statement in this chapter that says..."We must fall upon the Rock and be broken before we can be uplifted in Christ. Self must be dethroned, pride must be humbled, if we would know the glory of the spiritual kingdom."...."From the manger to the cross the life of Jesus was a call to self-surrender and to fellowship in suffering."

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Amen!!

Dorine

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 08:17:49 AM »
Amen Jim and Pastor Sean. May Christ be glorified in my life today. I sing His praises for His goodness to me. Through the good times and the tough I give Him thanks because I know He is working out His plans for my life.

"But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jer. 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work."

Let's live our lives today that we may demonstrate to our families first and all we come in contact with that we truly believe this promise.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 08:28:54 AM »

We are part of the demonstration that God is love and God is just. We also prove that Satan is a liar and God's law can be kept through the power of His grace. But, not all on this Earth understand this, for spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Just as the priest to whom Baby Jesus was brought did not recognize Jesus as the Sent of God, so most in this world will not see God as both merciful and just. But, as with Simeon, there are a multitude who recognize the loveliness of Jesus and give their hearts fully to Him.

How important it is for us to know our bibles and be studying with humble teachable hearts so that we will not be confused when Satan comes to us with His fancy theories. 

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2018, 06:00:30 AM »
"That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed." In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me.

Wow, this passage leapt out at me this morning filling my heart with such awe. What joy there is found in spending a thoughtful hour with Jesus each day. When our thoughts are on subjects such as this Satan has no power over us. It's when we get distracted allowing earthly thoughts to consume us that we find ourselves weak in faith and separated from the power of God. Oh if only more of God's people were reading and studying they would be living their lives by faith and not by feelings and emotions. There would be unity in the home and in the church and we would be a special light to light the whole world. I'm so thankful that there is good news for all. God's church will revive and become a mighty force for God in lighting the world with the truths of His kingdom. That revival must start with us individually and spread out as waves of the ocean from shore to shore.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2018, 06:24:41 AM »
As we learn of Christ, we can find victory and judge in our character (by that which we develop through His grace) that God is true, and that our fallen nature, false and deceptive as it is, may be fully crucified and we may become partakers of the divine nature (revealed in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing). Overcoming every deceptive philosophy, every question of truth and error--is fully possible by beholding and experiencing the marvelous revelation of Jesus' loveliness of character.

"By the life and the death of Christ, the thoughts of men also are brought to view. From the manger to the cross, the life of Jesus was a call to self-surrender, and to fellowship in suffering. It unveiled the purposes of men. Jesus came with the truth of heaven, and all who were listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit were drawn to Him. The worshipers of self belonged to Satan's kingdom. In their attitude toward Christ, all would show on which side they stood. And thus everyone passes judgment on himself." {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 3}
     "In the day of final judgment, every lost soul will understand the nature of his own rejection of truth. The cross will be presented, and its real bearing will be seen by every mind that has been blinded by transgression. Before the vision of Calvary with its mysterious Victim, sinners will stand condemned. Every lying excuse will be swept away. Human apostasy will appear in its heinous character. Men will see what their choice has been. Every question of truth and error in the long-standing controversy will then have been made plain. In the judgment of the universe, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. There was no defect in God's government, no cause for disaffection. When the thoughts of all hearts shall be revealed, both the loyal and the rebellious will unite in declaring, 'Just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints. Who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? . . . for Thy judgments are made manifest.' Revelation 15:3, 4."  {The Desire of Ages, page 58, paragraph 1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »
Amen!! Such deep and important truths!  Why is it we do not hear them being preached from our pulpits and published on our presses? Why so few who spend a thoughtful hour each day contemplating the life of Christ?

These humble worshipers had not studied the prophecies in vain. But those who held positions as rulers and priests in Israel, though they too had before them the precious utterances of prophecy, were not walking in the way of the Lord, and their eyes were not open to behold the Light of life.
     So it is still. Events upon which the attention of all heaven is centered are undiscerned, their very occurrence is unnoticed, by religious leaders, and worshipers in the house of God. Men acknowledge Christ in history, while they turn away from the living Christ. Christ in His word calling to self-sacrifice, in the poor and suffering who plead for relief, in the righteous cause that involves poverty and toil and reproach, is no more readily received today than He was eighteen hundred years ago.

Does this mean God will not finish His work through our church? Absolutely not. Grace has power to save the whole world. Not all will receive God's grace, so many will not be saved. But, many in the church will be revived and finish the work entrusted to God's remnant church. What happens to those who will not be converted, transformed in character? They will be swept out. God will separate the wheat from the tares. We are seeing that process begin. It is His truth that will reveal the sheep from the goats. There will be a shaking  brought about by the straight testimony which is revealed in the message to the Laodiceans.

We have seen Jesus and therefore we have seen our heavenly Father. What character, what love, what justice!!  What a plan of salvation that can save a wretch like me! Praise our God!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 06:10:06 AM »
I was blessed to behold the loveliness of Jesus afresh this morning and think of how true it is that our greatest happiness is the result of loving an knowing God!

"'That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.' In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are 'thoughts of peace, and not of evil.' Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me." {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 1}

Let us love God with the whole heart and we will experience the blessing of all of the fruits of the Spirit being manifest in our lives--not one will be missing!

Beacon

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 08:22:32 AM »
"The gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work."

Where else can such strong - unselfish love be found for those who have gone astray??

"No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me[/size]." 

All to Jesus I surrender -- All to Him I freely give-I will ever love and trust Him -In His presence daily live.
All to Jesus I surrender--Humbly at His feet I bow-worldly pleasures all forsaken-take me Jesus take me now.
All to Jesus I surrender-Make me Saviour wholly thine-Let me feel the Holy Spirit,Truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus I surrender--Now I feel the sacred flame-Oh the joy of full salvation, Glory,Glory, to His name.

May the words of this song be our prayer for today and every day. What better way can we say Thank You Jesus.

Look up and listen for the shout.