Author Topic: Birdfeeder Visitors  (Read 2329 times)

Vicki

Birdfeeder Visitors
« on: January 19, 2016, 11:57:14 AM »
I was gifted a new camera with a wonderful zoom feature. Now I can capture birds at our feeder. It's a bit blurry, but I think the photo is a marvelous depiction of God's gift to us this morning.

colporteur

Re: Birdfeeder Visitors
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »

Well, Vicki we all get to enjoy your camera and your Flicker. Thanks for sharing it with us !
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:05:22 AM »
Vicki, this is just great! I'm going to post a pic here soon that might help with your bird pictures. I look forward to more pics. I have lots of pics of other things but almost none are of birds.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:42:58 AM »
I'm glad you liked the Flicker.

A Lesser Goldfinch came for a visit. She chose a tumbleweed outside the living-room window to dine on. She was interested in the tender parts inside the thicker branches, and stayed for a good 10 minutes or so while her partner flitted about, refusing to have his picture taken.  It was a gray morning, and the odd angle through the window glass adds to the poor quality, but she is beautiful nonetheless.

I say 'she' because the other bird was definitely a male. The cap on this one is darker than what the bird book shows so this one might be a juvenile male. I have no idea, really. Wally?  :)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 02:40:15 PM »
That's a male, as well, but you may be right about it being a young one.  Or, and I can't remember, since it's been so long since I lived on the West Coast, it could be that they are not as bright in winter plumage.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 02:42:02 PM »
Vicki, this is just great! I'm going to post a pic here soon that might help with your bird pictures. I look forward to more pics. I have lots of pics of other things but almost none are of birds.

I have lots of bird and flower pictures, but I don't want to bore anyone.  Plus, I find it a bit tedious to post them--unless someone knows a faster way than uploading them to photobucket and then posting them here.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
I have lots of bird and flower pictures, but I don't want to bore anyone.  Plus, I find it a bit tedious to post them--unless someone knows a faster way than uploading them to photobucket and then posting them here.

That is about the only way that I know of. Although I've switched to Flickr but it's pretty much the same process. I'm not every sure what I meant about posting a pic here.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Vicki

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
Thanks, Wally. The other bird was brighter yellow and had a darker cap, which led me to think this one was a female. This one definitely has mellower coloring.

Jim, the Flicker pic I originally had was a still. I needed help posting the video. Someone took care of it for me, and removed my plea for help. Perhaps you had a video you were going to post so I could check out how it's done. Regardless, all is well that ends well.  :)

Happy Sabbath!