Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith  (Read 16550 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2023, 04:18:59 AM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister! Saving faith is what we want. To each is given a measure of faith, but that does not indicate one is saved. Why is it so very important that we understand the power of grace to transform us into His image? We are saved by grace through our "saving faith."

"Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:12.
     Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2023, 08:04:59 PM »
"To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing."

"A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul."

"The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. "

"It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him."

"The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves."

"Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God."

"Genuine faith is life. "

"A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

I want and need "Genuine Faith so that I can become a conquering power for Jesus, don't You?

=======================
Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
  Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
  That overcomes the world.
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908) bio
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2023, 09:34:05 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

God is so faithful! And He desires to reveal that testimony of His faithfulness through you!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3}

As we let the Holy Spirit into our hearts, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow like a living stream of His grace to refresh us and bless others! What joy it is to truly obey God up to the light that He has shown us in His law of love! The more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness! God IS faithful!! Let's live in fully faith of that truth!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2023, 10:11:24 AM »
Amen my dear brothers! To all is given a measure of faith, but if we want to have love, joy, and peace in this world, and a place in the world to come, we must have "saving faith." And when we recognize all that God has done for us, ought not we tell others of His goodness and what great things He done for us personally?

A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to      believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power.

Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls.       

"Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:12.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2023, 05:18:37 AM »
You have a story to tell. If you have yielded the WHOLE heart to Christ, then the Holy Spirit has moved into your heart to reveal God's love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness and temperance, in all righteousness and truth! Since your experience is UNIQUE to you, others will be blessed by hearing what God has done in your life! So share it with HOLY BOLDNESS constrained by the infinite LOVE OF CHRIST!!!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3}

Good authors write good books. And Jesus, the Son of God, the ultimate Author and Finisher of faith, is offering you a once-in-a-lifetime experience of getting published!!! That's right!!!! "Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon His name" (Malachi 3:16).

As you let Him take your heart, mind and will, He will lead you in a path that is suited to your strength and capacity so that the story of your life will be sealed by the Holy Spirit so that sin, which leads to death, will not cause the story of your life to be eternally lost. Then, your life saved fully, will be an eternal witness to God's mercy!!

"Of His people God says, 'They shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon His land. For how great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty!' Zechariah 9:16, 17. The exaltation of the redeemed will be an eternal testimony to God's mercy. 'In the ages to come,' He will 'show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.' 'To the intent that . . . unto the principalities and the powers in the heavenly places might be made known . . . the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord.' Ephesians 2:7; 3:10, 11, R. V." {The Desire of Ages, page 26, paragraph 1}

Are you willing to let God "publish" your life by inviting Jesus to save you completely from sin, leading you in true obedience to all of God's commandments? You will be thankful you did--for eternity!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2023, 05:53:39 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! 

It is such a blessing to share with others the power of God's grace to keep from sin. Sadly, too few have felt that joy. 100 years ago, it was rare to find one in the church who had experienced the new birth. So it is today, it is a rare experience. Thus, we do not hear a multitude praising the glory of His grace. When we do hear this praise, what a joy fills our heart! What is the solution that we might hear this praise more often?  Listen to the True Witness to the Laodiceans. " I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev. 3:18-20.

Jesus saw a similar situation in the church in His day. His counsel was the same then as now. Listen to what He said to Nicodemus from John 3: " Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up." We must look and live.

When Nicodemus saw Christ lifted up on the cross, he better understood how much Christ loved him. So it is with us when we spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus, especially the closing scene where we see Him lifted up, back and head bleeding. Those stripes belong to us. We deserve them, He did not. Yes, He suffered on our account while we were yet sinners. By beholding this grace daily we will be transformed (converted) into His image (character).

Oh, that my dear friends would make the sacrifice of their time daily to spend a small amount of time with Jesus. It is a promise that it would bring into their lives, love, joy, peace that passes all understanding. Listen to the testimonies here being shared daily.

Beacon

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2023, 07:42:29 AM »
"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old."

"However, that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine."

"Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality."

"These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls.
"       

"Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:10 "

God said it, and I believe it,  BUT...do our our lives actually reflect it??

================================

It may not be on the mountain’s height,
Or over the stormy sea;
It may not be at the battle’s front,
My Lord will have need of me;
But if by a still, small voice He calls,
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Thine,
I’ll go where You want me to go.
    I’ll go where You want me to go, dear Lord,
O’er mountain, or plain, or sea;
I’ll say what You want me to say, dear Lord,
I’ll be what You want me to be.
Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin,
Some wand’rer whom I should seek;
O Savior, if Thou wilt be my guide,
Though dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo Thy message sweet,
I’ll say what You want me to say.
There’s surely somewhere a lowly place,
In earth’s harvest fields so white,
Where I may labor through life’s short day,
For Jesus the Crucified;
So trusting my all to Thy tender care,
And knowing Thou lovest me,
I’ll do Thy will with a heart sincere,
I’ll be what You want me to be.

Lyrics:Mary Brown (1891)
Music:Carrie E. Rounsefell (1894)

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2023, 08:09:51 PM »
"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world."

"We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old."

"But that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience."

"We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine."

"Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs."

"God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality."

"These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls.
""

Do "WE" appreciate what a trust Jesus offers us?? What a privilege is ours to be a shinning light in a very dark world.

============================
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)
Music:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2023, 05:38:14 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! I see great consistency in all these encouraging posts!

Would you like to save more souls? Then cooperate with Jesus by sharing the testimony of His faithfulness to you in your own experience, full of the Holy Spirit by continual surrender of all you have and are to Him!

Seeing a person so filled with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance--without one of these traits of the Holy Spirit missing even in the most trying and exciting circumstances--is a POWERFUL witness to win souls to Christ!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2023, 07:49:22 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! To see such unity reveals the working of the Holy Spirit. I too have chosen the same to share today.

Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls......It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies.

Beacon

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2024, 08:41:36 PM »
"Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs."

"God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality."

"These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory."

"Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more".

"There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others."

"The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies."

============================

Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)

Dorine

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2024, 04:07:30 AM »
"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

May Christ be first in all we think, do and say. May our lives be a powerful witness to the saving faith we have in Jesus. The converted Christian is different. They live in the world but are not partakers of the world and in all their dealings with others they reveal the character of God. Every gift of the Spirit will be seen. Some will consider it weakness but those open to truth will be drawn to Jesus by the love seen in the lives of His people.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2024, 07:41:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! And praise the Lord, Sister Dorine, that while not all receive all of the gifts of the Spirit, the whole body of Christ together receives the spiritual gifts that unify and edify each member as each is filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing. While some may have the gifts of healing and others the gift of helps, others may be called and gifted as pastors and teachers. I am grateful for how we can be united in God's purpose to give the gospel to the world because we experience saving faith in Christ!

Do you have hope? It is amazing how much hope in God changes a situation. When the woman who was afflicted with an issue of bleeding for 12 years got closer to Jesus, she began to despair, but Jesus had planned to pass by where she was to heal her according to her need. Whatever you are facing right now--whether it is physical, financial, mental, emotional, relational, or spiritual, just know that at the point when you are tempted to despair, Jesus is drawing very near. Go to Him. He will NEVER cast you away. "All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6:37). He yearns to bless and save us to the uttermost!

"On the way to the ruler's house, Jesus had met, in the crowd, a poor woman who for twelve years had suffered from a disease that made her life a burden. She had spent all her means upon physicians and remedies, only to be pronounced incurable. But her hopes revived when she heard of the cures that Christ performed. She felt assured that if she could only go to Him she would be healed. In weakness and suffering she came to the seaside where He was teaching, and tried to press through the crowd, but in vain. Again she followed Him from the house of Levi-Matthew, but was still unable to reach Him. She had begun to despair, when, in making His way through the multitude, He came near where she was." {The Desire of Ages, page 343, paragraph 4}

Thankfully, when Jesus comes into the fully surrendered heart, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in the life, for His presence kindles faith that works by love making true obedience to all of God's commandments a delight! Jesus brings us joy over our temptation to despair. There is hope! "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost" (Romans 15:13).

Philip T

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2024, 08:03:50 AM »
    Peter, ever ready to speak, said, "Master, the multitude throng Thee and press Thee, and sayest Thou, Who touched Me?" Jesus answered, "Somebody hath touched Me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of Me." The Saviour could distinguish the touch of faith from the casual contact of the careless throng. Such trust should not be passed without comment. He would speak to the humble woman words of comfort that would be to her a wellspring of joy,--words that would be a blessing to His followers to the close of time.  

What a comfort this should be to us, God knows the touch of faith from His people, and reacts to it. Faith in Jesus is the only way to salvation, and we can know with assurance that our faith is felt and known by God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2024, 09:16:42 AM »
Amen!  It I s such a great blessing to read the impressions that the Holy Spirit brings to my dear friends. The unity of Spirit and doctrine is something that all who love God supremely desire. T h er are two groups forming before our very eyes. The Holy Spirit is being removed from the world. We see this in the increased evil and the increase of all kinds of disasters. At the same time God is pouring out His Spirit upon all who are seeking truth. We each must decide if we will allow the truth into our heart that we would walk in that light. Thus we are forming gaits of obedience or disobedience. Truly converted Christians are being sanctified to a higher level by their obedience.

Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to
acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls. 

Beacon

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2024, 08:02:38 PM »
"A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul."

"The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth."

"He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God."

"It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him."

"The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves."

"Many hold faith as an opinion."

"Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God."

"Genuine faith is life."

"A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

I want a " Living Faith " I want a " Confiding trust " I want a soul that becomes a conquering power." so that I can be a genuine living witness for Jesus! How about you?

==========================
Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
    O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2024, 05:05:05 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!   Living faith, saving faith, means that we trust Jesus with all we have and all we are. Remembering and sharing what God has done for us will strengthen our faith even more!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2024, 05:13:11 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!

Praise God for the power of the gospel to change lives! Jesus can give us a unique song of our experience that glorifies Him and draws others into a living union and communion with Him! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing flow forth in the life that is fully surrendered and in harmony with the truth of God's word by the power of His grace through faith!

To win souls is a supernatural work. Thus, we need a supernatural element in our experience in order for others to be won to Christ. It is Jesus abiding in us that makes all this possible! The divine nature is accessible to all of God's repentant, believing children who accept the word of God as it reads and allow the Holy Spirit to direct them in His will in being a blessing to others!