Author Topic: Nicodemus and the King of Kings  (Read 976 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Nicodemus and the King of Kings
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:49:01 AM »
Nicodemus desired to have a conversation with Jesus (under cover of darkness). That conversation reveals the principles of the kingdom of God. If prayerfully studied, great deceptions can be avoided.

What does it mean to be converted? Jesus made it very clear when He said to Nicodemus "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:6,7.

Here we see that when one is born of the flesh, he must be born again of the Spirit in order to be in a converted state. Not until one is converted, dead to self, and filled with the Spirit of God does he have eternal life, is justified.

Nicodemus was rather shocked that he being such a "good" man was not good enough to enter heaven, that he must be changed, he must be born again. Many have misunderstood what this  means, even if they understand they are not good enough when born  into this world. It is our fallen nature that condemns us. It is selfish. But, that is no excuse  for sin because Christ has provided at great expense a remedy for our evil nature. When  born of His Spirit, we become partakers of His divine nature and then escape the corruption in the  world and in us. "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." 2 Peter 1:4.

As Paul said, we then keep the body (the fallen flesh)  under control. "But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." 1 Cor. 9:27. In and of  ourselves this is impossible. Our fallen  natures restrict our ability to do what is right because  it  is right. It requires the heart be changed, be renewed by the presence of the Holy Spirit. It is only when we are partakers of God's divine nature that we have power  to  keep  the evil flesh under control. It is the character of Christ that is seen in the life as long as we have the Spirit indwelling our hearts.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.