Author Topic: Live Eagle Cam  (Read 75098 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Live Eagle Cam
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2016, 06:34:39 AM »
The eagle has landed. Ellie brought a fish in and is repairing the nest. It seems the wind moved some of the sticks. She is also freshening the bedding. Wind continues to gust, but there are periods of calm. Ed has just joined her for breakfast.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2016, 04:23:15 PM »
Looks like Ellie has laid an egg.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2016, 05:44:02 PM »
Looks like Ellie has laid an egg.

My first thought was that if she laid an egg she would not sit on it right away as chickens for instance do not sit on the nest until all the eggs are laid. That way incubation of all the eggs begins at the same time so the hatch is all together. However, we are only talking 2-3 eggs at the most and they would be only a day apart so perhaps the eagle would sit on them immediately. Have you seen an egg , Jim or just Ellie sitting on the nest ? If she hasn't laid an egg yet surely she is in process considering how tightly she is sitting. It is amazing with the infrared camera and her sitting , how small she looks right now.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
Have you seen an egg , Jim or just Ellie sitting on the nest ?

I personally have not seen the egg but was told by someone who has so when I saw her laying on the nest at night I assumed this person was correct. I'm hoping in the end that we will see 3 eggs. I've also been told that this years nest is larger than last years.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »
http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

The eagle has landed and she has an egg!!

well...according to people on the ground, she laid that eggs quite few hours ago, around 5:28 pm est.  She is not going anywhere. She is taking care of that egg!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2016, 10:32:23 AM »
At around 9:45 am EST, Ed took over the duties. I think it was Ed.  I still have a little difficulty seeing who is who. But, he came to the nest and Ellie took off.  He stood there examining the egg for some time before starting to work.  :)

You want to take a look at this and then the activity during the day.  She brings back lunch.   Start at the 9:45 mark. What a blessing to be able to see how these eagles care for each other and the egg. Can't wait to see the eggs hatch. Another egg ought to be coming along soon.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »
If you roll back the video to about 2:22 and start watching for 2 or 3 minutes you'll Ellie get a little riled up over something that we can't see. Then Ed lands with lunch and starts behaving the same way.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
There is an enemy there, you are right, Jim. Ed comes flying in an the takes off and chases it, them, away. You can see either him or another bird pass over the nest. I think it was him. And again a bird flying to the right further away from the nest. All in that same few minutes where they are both squawking.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2016, 08:22:30 AM »
This question is for my friends who know more about birds laying on eggs than I do. Why does Ellie open up and spread her back feathers when sitting on the nest. Is it some kind of temperature regulation? I've seen other birds on nests and have never witnessed this behavior.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »
According the website they think the next egg would appear 3 days later which would mean sometime today?

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »
Egg #2 arrived last evening. Will there be 3?

Vicki

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2016, 06:55:49 AM »
 :)

I checked this morning and @ 72:16 she got up briefly and I could see the 2nd egg. How exciting!

colporteur

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2016, 06:57:32 AM »
Have you picked out names yet ?   :)

Vicki

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2016, 07:03:14 AM »
  ;D I was going to leave it to the experts, but since you offered I"ll have to think about it.   ;)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
Right on time, at 7:58 this morning, Ellie was crying like a baby and so very happy as Ed brought in a fresh catch for breakfast. He handed it to her to pluck as he took over warming the eggs.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016, 05:41:32 PM »
It is interesting and informative watching the role distinction between mother and father. It is so very sad some higher level of beings are so very blind to how God created us. Ellie is perfectly happy to lay the eggs, to be the primary caretaker of them. Ed is perfectly happy to be out standing guard and finding food for her. He does not complain when she is eating and he takes over caring for the eggs. Does it not appear God placed within the eagles and mankind an instinct to guide in regards to role distinction? Unlike animals, man has an instruction manual that is pretty clear.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »
Taking on different roles they work together towards the same goal and accomplish much doing it.

colporteur

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 04:54:35 PM »

I have not been monitoring. Has anyone logged Ellie so we know about when the due date is ?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2016, 08:29:20 AM »
She still has only two eggs. I have not seen Ed yesterday or today. Has anyone seen Ellie eating or seen Ed?

The hatch is expected in the second week of February. Here is a great pic of Ed.