Author Topic: Live Eagle Cam  (Read 75089 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Live Eagle Cam
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 09:24:15 AM »
He may only be returning what is left of one of his family.    It was a squirrel that provided for the furring of the  nest yesterday.  :(   God never intended that there would be death of any kind. Soon it will be over.

The eagle has landed and is having lunch.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2015, 09:50:03 AM »
Ellie went fishing this morning. When she returned to the nest, Ed screeched.  Ellie had already eaten breakfast, so she let Ed eat while she began fluffing up her nest. It appears she may  be laying her eggs soon. After fluffing and making a bed, she tried it out. She fluffed herself up and laid down in the depression she had made.

They continue to bring in additional nesting material.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2015, 07:33:53 AM »

It is interesting to watch Ellie take grass and move it to one place and then pick it back up and move it back again. Now I understand why some ladies have to have the furniture rearranged 3-4 times a year.  ;D
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 07:35:14 AM »
cp, I think she is preparing the bed for her eggs.

Ellie returned to the nest as daylight was breaking. She appears to be preparing the bedding where she will lay her eggs. She was using her beak to pick around in the bed in the same area she prepared yesterday. I recall those days when I was camping and sleeping on the ground. If you do not find and remove the rocks, small as they may be, you will feel each one of them in the middle of the night.

With the eagle, it is not just a matter of comfort, but the eggs must not be placed on something sharp. She appears to be making sure all of the twigs are out of the area in which she will lay her eggs.

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2015, 10:04:18 AM »
The eagle has landed.

After a rain in Georgia this morning, Ed and Ellie did a little remodeling. It was interesting to watch them move around a branch attempting to find the right place for it in the superstructure of their nest.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2015, 08:28:59 AM »
As I type this one is eating a fish and other is doing some more remodeling.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
As I type this one is eating a fish and other is doing some more remodeling.

Jim, just curious. How big was the fish ? Could you tell what species ?

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
Eagle cam still timing out for me, both on TRO and Berry University website, so have I been bugged ?
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2015, 12:40:16 PM »
Jim, just curious. How big was the fish ? Could you tell what species ?

No I wish I could tell what kind of fish it was. The eagle had his/her back to me while it was eating only allowing a small glimpse of the side of the fish once in a while. If I were to guess I'd say about 8 inches or so but I really have no idea.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »
Eagle cam still timing out for me, both on TRO and Berry University website, so have I been bugged ?

You're not alone Ed, I can get the eagle cam up to view it either.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »
Being the weekend, it may be that the server is being overloaded. It is a great service. When she lays her eggs, I imagine the load will be even heavier.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2015, 05:20:25 PM »
Its back up now. Maybe the rodents will come out since it is dark.  :(

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2015, 05:45:26 AM »
    http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/  bringing it down to the bottom of the page
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

colporteur

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2015, 06:43:20 AM »
Ed just brought Ellie a snack, a fish for breakfast. She inhaled it and went to working on nest building.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2015, 09:22:18 AM »
The eagles have landed.   Ellie was talking quite a bit to herself.  Roll back on the DVR to   63:25. Have not heard her or him talk so much. Maybe it is a sign?

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2016, 09:00:33 AM »
Both on nest. One eating, one re-arranging the nest.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 10:23:25 AM »
One is actually laying down on the nest. I haven't seen either of them do this before. Maybe things are getting close?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 01:02:51 PM »
It will be interesting to see her lay her eggs and care for them.  It is dinner time at the nest now.

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »
That must have been the 2nd dinner today (at least). I'm watching them now and both are going to town on the nest. Both are burying their heads deep into the nest and pulling to the top the old debris from the bottom.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2016, 05:42:22 AM »
It is winter at the nest. 34 degrees and up to 20 mph gusts. Seems like the wind is stronger than that, though. Have not seen the eagles this morning. They ought to be landing soon.